Options

BB — Antartica (Part 18)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm watching the first of the Royal Institution Christmas lectures; got to why geckos can walk up walls.

Most Shocking Celebrity Moments of 2010 is on C5 tonight. I'm sure Cheryl will be in there.
  • Options
    TanequilTanequil Posts: 367,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most Shocking Celebrity Moments of 2010 is on C5 tonight. I'm sure Cheryl will be in there.

Apart from Tiger Woods :confused: or was that last year nothing comes to mind.
  • Options
    mazeymazey Posts: 137,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would have been starting next week too :(
    :(:(

:D I will most miss moaning about the non-entities they call celebs.
    Tanequil wrote: »
    C4 will miss the viewers and more importantly we will miss the gap it filled before TAR and Survivor.
    I have not seen any trailers for a new show to fill the gap. They will miss the revenue.

Katy Perry at #4, I have missed a lot of them, surely Cheryl Cole did not escape totally? :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mazey wrote: »
    Katy Perry at #4, I have missed a lot of them, surely Cheryl Cole did not escape totally? :eek:

Lots of people who I haven't heard of making comments on people who I don't care about.
  • Options
    Fried KickinFried Kickin Posts: 60,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :(:(

:D I will most miss moaning about the non-entities they call celebs.

It would have been :cool: :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lots of people who I haven't heard of making comments on people who I don't care about.
    The comments about Glee amused me, I have learned I do not want to watch Glee.

:confused: They voted Madonna most annoying,at #1?? Now they are on #19.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

They have been doing little mini top 5 annoyances too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I will not watch Glee, I like girls :)

Is it on a BBC Three loop.

For somebody to be annoying one has to have an opinion or thought about them.

Peaches Geldof.

I think more about my squit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have an appointment at the dentist in the morning so I'm off to rest my teeth.

Night All :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    They have been doing little mini top 5 annoyances too.
    That explains it, there was a countdown before Madonna and daughter got #1. :)
    I will not watch Glee, I like girls :)

Is it on a BBC Three loop.

For somebody to be annoying one has to have an opinion or thought about them.
    Peaches Geldof.
    I think more about my squit.
    I checked, FK's explanation makes most sense.

Peaches. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Goodnight Tan :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Night Tan.

I like Glee!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Night Tan :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm off to bed too
    Night All :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Night FK.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Goodnight FK :)

100 most annoying has now got to where I started watching the other day.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Question:
    I am looking at this for a bedroom, I have to upgrade my aerial so thinking of paying extra for extensions to main 2 bedrooms for Freeview HD upstairs and as backup downstairs when I go Freesat. At worst I will have to wait until 2012 when this area goes fully digital for a decent Freeview signal.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-KDL32EX403U-Widescreen-Internet-Freeview/dp/B003BVI49E/ref=dp_return_2?ie=UTF8&n=560798&s=electronics

This seems to do everything, but how will it get HD if I use co-ax from aerial to tv?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The scam with TVs advertised "HD ready" is that, while they will display HD pictures from external sources like a Sky box or HD PVR, their internal tuner isn't HD.
    That one says "Save space with a built-in Freeview HD TV tuner" so it will do HD if just fed from an aerial.
    You can ask your aerial contractor about having a masthead amplifier on your new aerial (you may have done this already).

Back to the TV, it also says "Easy Wi-Fi access to online content and services" which would solve your problem of wanting to play downloaded progs through the TV.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The scam with TVs advertised "HD ready" is that, while they will display HD pictures from external sources like a Sky box or HD PVR, their internal tuner isn't HD.
    That one says "Save space with a built-in Freeview HD TV tuner" so it will do HD if just fed from an aerial.
    You can ask your aerial contractor about having a masthead amplifier on your new aerial (you may have done this already).

Back to the TV, it also says "Easy Wi-Fi access to online content and services" which would solve your problem of wanting to play downloaded progs through the TV.
    Thanks, the aerial firm were closed on Monday when I was talking to someone at Currys about fitting the aerial. I got distracted today and did not get back to them. I find it hard to believe such old technology (co-ax cable) can carry HD.

*So upstairs could get streaming using the wireless router? I have a spare Linksys card I used with my old laptop but it is not USB. It will be mostly for use when son and GF are here, they like more sport (rugby with Welsh commentary???) and Family Guy, Bear Grylls stuff than I can tolerate. GF d/l lots of films and shows they miss while being away, a big user of 4od.

I looked at my usage history today on my ISP's site, a big drop when they left.

Thanks for the review link, I have started reading.
    * edit, the review says can use ethernet cable or wireless dongle.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.johnlewis.com/230950649/Product.aspx?tmcampid=38&tmad=c&s_kenid=61f61503-a75e-5028-d3ab-000061fcb580&s_kwcid=paidsearch

Did you see John Lewis also do it for £299? I'm guessing their warranty etc would be more reliable than Amazon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    http://www.johnlewis.com/230950649/Product.aspx?tmcampid=38&tmad=c&s_kenid=61f61503-a75e-5028-d3ab-000061fcb580&s_kwcid=paidsearch

Did you see John Lewis also do it for £299? I'm guessing their warranty etc would be more reliable than Amazon.
    Yes, I was just about to post going there tomorrow. :D 5 yr warranty is worth having. Previously JL have had models slightly different in model number so no price matching.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's some stuff in the AV Forums that you have to use Sony's own dongle for wi-fi receiving, so you might want to buy one at the same time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's some stuff in the AV Forums that you have to use Sony's own dongle for wi-fi receiving, so you might want to buy one at the same time.
    JL have one for £69, but I am now looking at the Toshiba ... as soon as I have finished my tea, I am off to bed, the usefulness of the tv depends on my getting an aerial that works, first. I am going to phone some places for advice and quotes, I have arranged to meet up to walk dogs before 3.

Goodnight SBBA :)
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Evening all. :)

Two days left of the year...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Morning all. My mission tonight is to put - er - unwanted Christmas presents on Ebay. I suspect I'm not the only one!
This discussion has been closed.