Dispatches: Landlords from Hell, C4 8pm 4 Jun

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
Forum Member
✭✭✭
This is looking really bad already.
His business is registered as a charity? Jeez.

Comments

• amiloamilo Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How can they sleep at night!:eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 115
    Forum Member
    :(:mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The landlord is doing very nicely out of the benefits system, with the tenants suffering.
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The landlord is doing very nicely out of the benefits system, with the tenants suffering.

Sounds about right - this scandal has been going on for years
  • horwichallstarshorwichallstars Posts: 16,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Grant Shapps not coming across too well.....
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    Seems like this fella is of the same opinion as Nicholas van Hoogstraten 'All my tenants are scum'
    They seem untroubled by the prospect of the law getting involved

Both that Paula the lettings manager and the Boss need an old fashioned talking to with a baseball bat, only language they'd understand IMO as they're strangers to empathy.
    Strange logic at work, according to Paula if you've got kids it's the old fashioned 'get what you're given and like it'
    She sees the tenants as a pain in if they don't just move out when told to.

What I don't understand with all the gun violence in this country why is it that people like this and other rogue trader types are never on the end of it.
    I know some short tempered buggers who rarely walk away from the offer of a punch-up, how these people (shonky Landlords) never encounter them, I don't know.

Instead of piddling fines, after X number of faults that break the law, maybe the threat of compulsary purchase, minus the costs of fixing all the faults would liven up the Landlords.
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,623
    Forum Member
    There should really be a "Tenants from Hell" series as well.
    Forum Member
    amilo wrote: »
    How can they sleep at night!:eek:

With no problems whatsoever, I'm afraid, not a seconds sleep is lost thinking of their tenants.
    When your values are all skewed to view everything from your point of view and self benefit and you turn off the empathy part of your brain, this sort of thing is probably quite easy.
    Forum Member
    gomezz wrote: »
    There should really be a "Tenants from Hell" series as well.

I suspect the sorts of out and out shonky Landlords featured, don't let to the 'tenants from hell' types, because they'd come right back at the Landlord in one of the two languages they understand, violence.
    How about some thoughts on the subject of the program, the Landlords?
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grant Shapps not coming across too well.....

And rightly so; I can't see the millionaire minister doing much about it, though..
  • AndyD123AndyD123 Posts: 581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice to see my old workplace on TV, Especially on that program haha.

I worked in the dodgy computer place downstairs and was forever upstairs at meridian fixing endless problems.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,505
    Forum Member
    Suprised there was so little comment on this show, there needs to be a series not just a one-off to highlight this serious issue is nationwide. I suspect some ppl wouldnt want this as we would have to face the problem and change it, something vested interests wouldnt want to happen.
  • Max DemianMax Demian Posts: 1,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TV programmes won't change anything. Laws won't change anything - there already are laws against most of these abuses. Politicians aren't interested as it's only poor people - the same as they won't do anything about unemployment as people on the dole are easy to dismiss as feckless scroungers.