Options

Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares USA

Comments

• Options
    buttsfifebuttsfife Posts: 1,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As mentioned before it's time Ramsay returned home and did a new UK Kitchen Nightmares -not this American garbage.

Come on C4 bring Ramsay home !!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 411
    Forum Member
    buttsfife wrote: »
    As mentioned before it's time Ramsay returned home and did a new UK Kitchen Nightmares -not this American garbage.

I totally agree. I used to love the uk kitchen nightmares. Why did they stop making them in the first place?
  • Options
    iamsofirediamsofired Posts: 13,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always look forward to this, im aware its highly edited and probably worse but im a sucker for seeing these places turned around.
  • Options
    iceyciceyc Posts: 1,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eek, wife beater if ever I've saw one. Feel sorry for the family.
  • Options
    jriojrio Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The food always seems to be overwhelmingly disgusting.

There never seems to be even the basic standards of a Beefeater or Little Chef.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Early use of the crying towel.

Really should be that dumbass husband reading it out.
  • Options
    glordmonkeyglordmonkey Posts: 1,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nowhere near as good as the UK version, the US version is so obviously scripted. over produced and over dramatic, as all US shows are.

However, I still love it.
  • Options
    JamesC81JamesC81 Posts: 14,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    that keith guy is a bit of a nightmare
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't allow Keith on the restaurant floor. He 's the antithesis of what is needed, I'd lock him in a cupboard.
  • Options
    GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    iceyc wrote: »
    Eek, wife beater if ever I've saw one. Feel sorry for the family.

It's wrong to make snap judgements about people
    I agree :sleep:

One thing I don't like is being told what's going to happen all the time in the US show. I have the attention span and I can control my anticipation.
  • Options
    EVILSPEAKEVILSPEAK Posts: 980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I hope for the same but it won't happen because America is where the money is. Maybe when they tire of him he'll slope back to the UK and make something.
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Once you take out the adverts, the "previous-lies" and "coming ups" there is very little content to this. Some bad food, some swearing then suddenly there's an overnight restaurant makeover and a new menu - and instantly the restaurant is a success!

A new menu doesn't automatically mean the food will be better if the chef is no good.

The Restaurant Inspector was much more realistic.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you can't run a 70 item menu from this kitchen, why was Ramsay letting them do it? Purely for conflict.
  • Options
    That BlokeThat Bloke Posts: 6,352
    Forum Member
    It's a real shame that this show is so formulaic now. I used to love the UK version (although that started going down the same route in the last series) and really want to like the US version. Unfortunately I find myself regularly turning over after 10 or 15 minutes as yet another predictable show plays out.

:(
  • Options
    iamsofirediamsofired Posts: 13,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lol oops a divorce and shut down restaurant :o next weeks looks promising though :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Divorce and restaurant closed.

Wrote that down after 15 minutes.

Husband seemed an entire waste of flesh.
  • Options
    buttsfifebuttsfife Posts: 1,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's about time he went back to check on the fortunes of previous establishments he has helped.

He could do this for UK ones as well.
  • Options
    bazellisbazellis Posts: 5,405
    Forum Member
    It's about time he went back to check on the fortunes of previous establishments he has helped.

He could do this for UK ones as well.

Most of them close down, blaming Ramsey in most cases:eek:
  • Options
    jioscarjioscar Posts: 1,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cant stand the bloke nothing but a big mouth:mad::mad:
  • Options
    Oxygen78Oxygen78 Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    Just watched this one on 4OD.
    Totally lacking any leadership. It kind of felt like the two owners felt really out of their depths. But that wasn't addressed. Just a new menu and a redecorate. Then Ramsey just told them to 'step up'. I'm not convinced they knew how to.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    That Bloke wrote: »
    It's a real shame that this show is so formulaic now. I used to love the UK version (although that started going down the same route in the last series) and really want to like the US version. Unfortunately I find myself regularly turning over after 10 or 15 minutes as yet another predictable show plays out.

:(
    I agree. I kind of watched last night. Had it on but was concenrating more on the washing up than the program. That can't be right!
  • Options
    wolvesdavidwolvesdavid Posts: 10,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bazellis wrote: »
    Most of them close down, blaming Ramsey in most cases:eek:

Thats why he doesn't do the UK version anymore. And why the hell would he?
  • Options
    amiloamilo Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DR Morris is lala!!:eek:
  • Options
    sjamessjames Posts: 1,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enjoyed last night's episode with Doctor Morris. She was a bit over the top.

Found it weird though at the end the trailer for next week's episode is for a episode from Season 3 which I thought had already been shown???
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is unfortunately so predictable now though. Service starts off great then big problems
    with no food coming out,the chef struggling. Who can get them out of this mess?
    The owner,owner's child,owner's partner? Too scripted - even the customers seem in
    on it as well. Who would sit waiting for over an hour moaning to the staff and then when
    it comes to the table (instead of saying about time and moan some more) go wow without
    even tasting it?