BB Posters Reunited and WELCOME to the lurkers! (Part 59)

Comments

• Gemo52Gemo52 Posts: 128,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    That is so 2014! Its all about the neck these days. You need to train them better. :D

How? :confused: How? How? Can anybody over the age of three not know? :o AND HE IS A POLITICIAN!

Pretty sure it was Nick that said it. The one that was expelled twice and has no qualifications.

The politician is Joel.

I think some of the present cabinet are so out of touch with the real world they probably don’t know where eggs come from either. The only eggs they eat are probably from a sturgeon.
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    Gemo52 wrote: »
    Pretty sure it was Nick that said it. The one that was expelled twice and has no qualifications.

The politician is Joel.

I think some of the present cabinet are so out of touch with the real world they probably don’t know where eggs come from either. The only eggs they eat are probably from a sturgeon.

Ah, That explains it then. I thought it was Joel. Still, I thought this was part of the school curriculum and crops up several times?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ah, That explains it then. I thought it was Joel. Still, I thought this was part of the school curriculum and crops up several times?

Just seen it again and it was the politician, Joel, that thought an egg came from a chickens neck. :o
    Forum Member
    Just seen it again and it was the politician, Joel, that thought an egg came from a chickens neck. :o

Yes, I just saw that. None of them looked too sure though did they? :D
  • MootleMootle Posts: 35,232
    Forum Member
    I hope
    Sarah goes.
    I like Sarah :confused:
    ’d evening.

I can confirm that eggs come from chickens’ bums. I have seen it with my own eyes.
    :D:D

The politician is Joel.

I tried to make myself feel better about the whole egg/chicken thing by assuming that Nick was talking about how chickens emerge from the egg. Don't they have a little hooky thing that they use attached to the upper body somewhere, like the beak?:confused:
    Forum Member
    Mootle wrote: »

I tried to make myself feel better about the whole egg/chicken thing by assuming that Nick was talking about how chickens emerge from the egg. Don't they have a little hooky thing that they use attached to the upper body somewhere, like the beak?:confused:

It looks pretty much the same method as humans but without all the yelling.
  • nowahallanowahalla Posts: 10,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mornin' :)
    Balmy 32c here, partly sunny, quite nice really.

Struggling with BB, not getting enough of a picture of the housemates from those scraps of footage. Yet again we seem to be presented with astonishingly dumb, narcissistic people. Is that really what we have become ? :( thankful at least that they are not shouty aggressives I suppose. Well, not yet anyway...

Aaron is doing my head in.
  • HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    Good Morning Everyone.:+))))))))))))))))

A wet and windy day expected for most parts.

Hi Moots, yes, chicks havew a sort of hook on the beak that they use to chip through the egg shell, think the hook falls off later.
    It looks pretty much the same method as humans but without all the yelling.
    You would have to be pretty thick to think anything else really.
    nowahalla wrote: »

Struggling with BB, not getting enough of a picture of the housemates from those scraps of footage. Yet again we seem to be presented with astonishingly dumb, narcissistic people. Is that really what we have become ? :( thankful at least that they are not shouty aggressives I suppose. Well, not yet anyway...

Morning Halla.:+)))))))))))))))

They do seem pretty thick, they should be tested for a brain before they enter the house.
    those tests they did the other day showed them up to be pretty dense.
  • EddyBeeEddyBee Posts: 45,599
    Forum Member
    Good morning you lot.

:D

Dry and sunny here, quite mild. But, it's not expected to remain like this. Lots of rain expected. :)
    Forum Member
    Hicky wrote: »

They do seem pretty thick, they should be tested for a brain before they enter the house.

It was embarassing. As you say, a brain should be a minimum requirement. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EddyBee wrote: »

Morning Eddy. Yeah, but if you've got a brain would you be doing BB :o:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Hi Moots, yes, chicks havew a sort of hook on the beak that they use to chip through the egg shell, think the hook falls off later.

Morning Hicky. Didn't it just. It's a wonder they can manage independent breathing :D
  • HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    Good morning you lot.

Dry and sunny here, quite mild. But, it's not expected to remain like this. Lots of rain expected. :)
    Good Morning Eddy.:+))))))))))))))

Rain probably just showery patches.
    Maybe if they did brain tests they wouldn't be able to get the 16 needed, it would take 3 years to round them up.
    Morning Hicky. Didn't it just. It's a wonder they can manage independent breathing :D
    Hi Halla.:+))))))))))))))))

Think thats one of the tests they do, also, they check they can eat.
    Forum Member
    Morning Eddy. Yeah, but if you've got a brain would you be doing BB :o:D

Good point.

Forum Member
    Morning. :)

I cant understand one word he says. :confused: Its just garble and whingeing.

I think they were talking about the hen rather than the chick. I cant think of what confused Joel, except perhaps he heard that in some breeds a laying hen goes pale around the neck area and took that the wrong way?
    Good morning you lot.

I hope we dont have more. :o The soggy sheepskin stuff on the line was pelted with hailstones and a deluge of rain last night. Its never going to dry. :(

An ability to form a sentence would be nice too. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I just saw that. None of them looked too sure though did they? :D

Hens have a crop at the base of their necks which can sometimes feel hard and egg shaped.

They have an “egg tooth” which they lose. It’s used first to break into the air sac just before hatching and then to break out of the shell. It’s not really a hook, just a hardened cap at the tip of the beak.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

None of them appears to have this prerequisite.
    Forum Member
    Hens have a crop at the base of their necks which can sometimes feel hard and egg shaped.

They have an “egg tooth” which they lose. It’s used first to break into the air sac just before hatching and then to break out of the shell. It’s not really a hook, just a hardened cap at the tip of the beak.

It must be that his auntie? (or whoever told him) has mistaken the crop for an egg then?
    You couldn't make it up, could you? :D
  • richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ICYMI: First Episode of "Mondays With @marcusBBbentley" aired last night! Check it out: http://bbcouchpotatoes.blogspot.com/2015/05/bbuk-2015-mondays-with-marcus-episode-1.html … #BBUK #BBCP
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It must be that his auntie? (or whoever told him) has mistaken the crop for an egg then?
    You couldn't make it up, could you? :D

It’s possible, but why she said it was called a ren (sp?).

We raised chicks from eggs in junior school and learned all about them. We got the eggs at easter and it was the highlight of the year when they hatched. :)

DS’s transcript of the conversation.

Edit: and for those that think you can’t eat the egg contents – balut in the Philippines
    Forum Member

We raised chicks from eggs in junior school and learned all about them. We got the eggs at easter and it was the highlight of the year when they hatched. :)

He must have misheard "vent" and then they teased him. It does seem incredible that someone could keep missing it at school though, seen as it keeps cropping up through the key stages.

I wondered if it was another Belo and Shakespeare moment?
    Forum Member
    Hello all :D

didn't they just!! :o
    Morning. :)

I cant understand one word he says. :confused: Its just garble and whingeing.

I think they were talking about the hen rather than the chick. I cant think of what confused Joel, except perhaps he heard that in some breeds a laying hen goes pale around the neck area and took that the wrong way?

I hope we dont have more. :oThe soggy sheepskin stuff on the line was pelted with hailstones and a deluge of rain last night. Its never going to dry. :(

An ability to form a sentence would be nice too. :)
    Good grief!! It has been raining here again too. I hope the Chelsea Flower Show isn't flooded out?

Edit: and for those that think you can’t eat the egg contents – balut in the Philippines

In our first year at University we all had to make little holes in fertile eggs so that we could see the chicks developing. Somehow this just didn't work, for the whole class.:(

I had a nice omelette for supper last night, once I had located my frying pan...:)
    Forum Member
    I believe that Nick is a BB fanatic. :o I wonder if he posts on DS...
  • richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe that Nick is a BB fanatic. :o I wonder if he posts on DS...

Maybe one day they will have a University Challenge style task in which 4 or 5 superfans go up against 4 or 5 of the housemates

If they win they win the luxury budget, if the fans win they get a little of the prize money

Good way to sort out if he really is a BB fanatic ;)
    Forum Member
    richie4eva wrote: »
    Maybe one day they will have a University Challenge style task in which 4 or 5 superfans go up against 4 or 5 of the housemates

If they win they win the luxury budget, if the fans win they get a little of the prize money

Good way to sort out if he really is a BB fanatic ;)

Good idea!!:cool: