Options

Clerks 3

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,138
Forum Member
just been ambling through imdb and noticed an announcement that Clerks 3 was going ahead. Quite surprised as I thought his new (and apparently final) film was going to be about hockey. :confused:

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is this an official announcement?

If you search long enough on the internet, you can find "announcements" for sequels for every film ever made.
  • Options
    blueisthecolourblueisthecolour Posts: 20,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure I read in Total Film that it's been given the go ahead.
  • Options
    pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kevin has said himself on Twitter he's going to make it and release it in 2014.

As Clerks 2 was brilliant, I can't wait for 3!
  • Options
    logansdadlogansdad Posts: 1,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goin back to the well Kev? I wonder if he's jealous of Ben Afflecks success as a director?
  • Options
    SpacedoneSpacedone Posts: 2,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Normally I'd be against directors milking their previous successes but more Randal would be brilliant. He was brilliant in Clerks 2
  • Options
    Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spacedone wrote: »
    Normally I'd be against directors milking their previous successes but more Randal would be brilliant. He was brilliant in Clerks 2

"Even the f@@king trees walked in those movies." :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    logansdad wrote: »
    Goin back to the well Kev? I wonder if he's jealous of Ben Afflecks success as a director?

...no.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I was under the impression clerks 3 was never going to see the light of that due to that bad omen Smith claimed to have in regards to this film?

Anyway, if it's as enjoyable as the previous Clerks film then I'm all for it, especially if he has a few Chasing Amy characters in it this time round, would love to know what Alyssa, Holden and Banky are up these days.

Caught Zack and Miri on telly the other night. I still found it pretty woeful though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yeah looks like clerks 3 will be his 'final' film and wants to make hit somebody a mini tv series. I'm glad he's decided to make clerks 3 as a film and not continue his idea of doing a broadway show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    yeah looks like clerks 3 will be his 'final' film and wants to make hit somebody a mini tv series. I'm glad he's decided to make clerks 3 as a film and not continue his idea of doing a broadway show.

I haven't listened to a SModcast in a while, so I'm a bit behind with the news but a broadway show?:eek: He seems to make these announcements that never really come to fruition, a bit like the big budget sci-fi he was going to make.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lil lexie wrote: »
    ..especially if he has a few Chasing Amy characters in it this time round, would love to know what Alyssa, Holden and Banky are up these days.

Same here. Chasing Amy is definitely up there on my all time top 5 list. I loved Clerks 2 so this is good news, although it will be sad if it is indeed his final ever film.

I hope he at least continues writing
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember being totally underwhelmed by Clerks having expected much on the back of seeing Dogma and Jay and Silent Bob beforehand. Not excited at the prospect of clerks 3. I find Smith to be pretty variable.
  • Options
    Fear of FoursFear of Fours Posts: 1,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed Clerks 2 so would welcome a third.
  • Options
    pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lil lexie wrote: »
    Caught Zack and Miri on telly the other night. I still found it pretty woeful though.
    I thought it was hilarious. So many quotable lines and it was a country mile better than the abomination that was Cop Out.