Options

Cable picture overscans and cuts off edges

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 132
Forum Member
I'm using a standard-def 4:3 TV, and no matter what setting I have it on - 4:3 Normal, Widescreen or Letterbox - the top and bottom sides of the picture are cut off. This is most evident on the various news channels, where this affects their on-screen graphics, and football games, where the score display is almost unreadable.

I'm using a basic Samsung box; is there anything that can be done to solve this?

Comments

• Options
    ghjones1ghjones1 Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    It's most likely to be something to do with your actual TV settings.

If you look up the picture settings on your TV itself (i.e. not on the Virgin Box) there should be an option to adjust the picture there too. One of the combinations should work.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 132
    Forum Member
    I was afraid of that... My TV's remote broke, so we're using a cheap universal remote that is functional, but won't control the TV's internal menus. Oh well, I'll just have to live with it. Thanks anyway!
  • Options
    broonalebroonale Posts: 5,472
    Forum Member
    Sounds like the tv is stuck in 4:3 ZOOM mode. Maybe get one of those One For All universal remotes. They tend to have more of the features for menus etc.
  • Options
    helmutcheesehelmutcheese Posts: 658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds like your in PC mode !

Most good TV's have a button so that when you connect to a PC you can set the mode to get back screen you are losing out of bezel.

Now if this mode is set for PC and your on normal TV viewing,

Problem is your using a non standard remote so will not have button to change it.

I had a Sharp 52" Full HD and it had a button to do just that.