NBC picks up JJ Abrams "Believe"

http://www.deadline.com/2013/05/nbc-starts-ordering-new-series-crisis-about-a-boy-picked-up/

Believe (Drama)
EPs | Alfonso Cuaron (Children of Men), J.J. Abrams and Bryan Burk (Fringe)
CAST | Kyle MacLachlan (Desperate Housewives), Johnny Sequoyah, Jake McLaughlin (Savages), Delroy Lindo (The Chicago Code), Jamie Chung (Once Upon a Time), Sienna Guillory (Resident Evil), Arian Moayed (The Following)

BELIEVE

Levitation, telekinesis, the ability to control nature, even predict the future… Since she was two years old, Bo has had gifts she could neither fully understand, nor control. Raised by a small group known as the “True Believers,” the orphaned girl has been safeguarded from harmful outsiders who would use her forces for personal gain. But now that she is 10, her powers have become stronger, and the threat has grown more dangerous. With her life and future now in jeopardy, the “Believers” turn to the only person they see fi t to be her full-time protector. That is, once they break him out of jail. Tate, a wrongfully imprisoned death row inmate who’s lost his will, is initially reluctant – until he witnesses one of her extraordinary abilities. Bo sees people for who they truly are… and who they may become. Tate and Bo begin their journey, one in which trust must be earned. Traveling from city to city, every place they stop and everyone they meet will be changed forever. But they’ll have to keep going to stay one step ahead of the sinister forces after Bo’s power… because it will take a miracle to keep them safe forever. The powers of a young girl may hold the fate of our world in Believe, from executive producer J.J. Abrams (Revolution, Star Trek: Into Darkness) and executive producer/writer/director Alfonso Cuarón (Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Children of Men). From Warner Bros. Television & Bad Robot Productions. Executive Producer/Writer: Mark Friedman. Executive Producer: Bryan Burk.

Comments

• plateletplatelet Posts: 26,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can i just be first to say

NBC cancels JJ Abrams "Believe"

:D
  • Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Touch of something familiar here that also did not work. Maybe he is losing his touch? :)
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    These shows are starting to blur in to the same thing.
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    il give this a go, he makes good shows
  • Chester666666Chester666666 Posts: 9,020
    Forum Member
    Touch of something familiar here that also did not work. Maybe he is losing his touch? :)
    CD93 wrote: »
    These shows are starting to blur in to the same thing.
    I don't agree
    It sounds like an excellent new series
  • daisiesfandaisiesfan Posts: 2,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    il give this a go, he makes good shows

That's debatable.
  • TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    well at least making the girl 10 should limit the romance in the show
  • curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sounds good i,ll look out for this i like most things jj has done
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why call the girl Bo? Reminds me too much of Lost Girl! There are thousands and thousands of names he could have used!
  • LMLM Posts: 63,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This sounds really good. JJ will really have to pull it out of the bag to give us another good sci-fi show since Fringe was laid to rest this year.
  • tamibecketttamibeckett Posts: 5,261
    Forum Member
    Gill P wrote: »
    Why call the girl Bo? Reminds me too much of Lost Girl! There are thousands and thousands of names he could have used!

Bo is being played by an actress named Johnny Sequoyah :D
  • T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Believe" - sounds like the perfect title for a Justin Bieber TV show :D.
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bo is being played by an actress named Johnny Sequoyah :D

So this "Bo" is a boy then. Sorry, should have read a bit more of the article. :o
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gill P wrote: »
    So this "Bo" is a boy then. Sorry, should have read a bit more of the article. :o

No, she's a girl
  • Paradise_LostParadise_Lost Posts: 6,454
    Forum Member
    Has she lost her sheep?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they should change the name of the character as Bo of course is well known in Lost Girl
    You don't wanna two heroines on television with the same name.
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You just can't argue with those EPs! It's got to be worth a look.
  • YesYes Posts: 364
    Forum Member
    The vast majority of his work is awful.
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How long will he stick with this one?

Just pilot, one season, two? :D
  • alexjones50alexjones50 Posts: 3,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    How long will he stick with this one?

Just pilot, one season, two? :D

well I imagine the initial order will be for 13 episodes, whether it lasts beyond that will depend on the ratings.
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well I imagine the initial order will be for 13 episodes, whether it lasts beyond that will depend on the ratings.

That's not what I meant.

I was talking about JJ's involvement. He rarely runs his shows for very long, whether handing it over straight after the pilot's been picked up or after one or two seasons.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NBC schedule has been announced and Believe is actually a mid-season show, so expect 2014 premiere.