Options

CS Izzie and Owen

sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,954
Forum Member
What is the matter with this pair? Izzie jumped to the wrong conclusion about Gary wanting her back, and somehow he's in the wrong >:( Now she's getting nasty about how he is with Jake - totally unreasonable. She was the one who ended things between them too, for no particular reason it seemed - idiot >:(

The way Owen laid into Gary too was outrageous. "What are you for? " >:( I can't believe anyone ever says that to anyone it is so vile and hateful. Owen is a w@nking little $hit and I really hope things get much worse for him and his repellant family.

When Gary explained how Jerk cut himself, the Armstrongs were too busy using what happened as a stick to beat Gary with to even ask how Roy was, and Roy has always supported and helped them out while they've been on their uppers. What a horrible bunch they are.

I can't stand the snivelling little loser, but the way Owen and Izzie are going on is making me feel sorry for Gary. I just hope his post traumatic thing doesn't resurface :o Heaven only knows what crazy things he might do if it does...

Comments

• Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Wish Anna was there to defend him.

Owen, it was your bloody fault for moving house. Got greedy.
  • Options
    wotnotwotnot Posts: 9,565
    Forum Member
    I disagree. As an aside, how Gary manages to pull the women that he has done is beyond me, he has neither looks nor personality but anyway... Owen has been single parent to those girls for a long time, they would be his priority and rightly so and we know that he's a fiery character. I don't like Izzy as a character but she will be feeling both hurt and humiliated over the recent events and I think it's natural for her anger to make her irrational towards the slips that Gary makes in regards to his son, small incidents like the hat and blanket falling off would be exagerrated because of her current anger towards him which I feel is expected. The incident in the cafe I'd have slaughtered him for personally, allowing his anger to get out of control in the presence of his child is unforgiveable. That situation could easily have got out of hand and the child could have been far more badly injured, completely irresponsible. Now can they all die off in a freak accident please :D
  • Options
    Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Owen and he has always been on his daughters side so i can sort of see why he'd stick up for her. But overall poor Gary has done nothing wrong and they are all being horrible to him with no good reason.
    Izzy and him split mutually, and just because she suddenly thought he was interested again, she gets all stroppy when she finds out he doesn't want her. Why did she split with him if she still wanted to be with him? Katy is an annoying judgemental mare, she who cheated on dependable Ches, father of ehr child, with that loser Ryan.
    Gary never cheated on anyone.
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,920
    Forum Member
    Completely agree. You'd think Jake had severed his arm the way they carried on. So Gary was meant to just sit there whilst those idiots had a go at Roy? Roy who is supposed to be a friend as well as Anna's boss? I think Anna would have been rightfully proud he had defended someone as quiet as Roy against them.

The real problem though wasn't Jakes grazed arm, it was the fact Princess Izzy has got the monk on because Gary has moved on from her. She thinks she can control it all, she wanted to split from Gary so they split. She decides they should get back together and probably for the first time in her life she is told no so she goes crying to daddy. Quite why Gary was attracted to the whining shrew in the first place is beyond me. Gary has to my knowledge never turned his back on Jake despite the relationship with Izzy ending, so why he is being painted as the world's worst father is rubbish.

As for Owen and his "what are you for" speech. He should look at himself. I think even if Gary hadn't thumped Phelan therefore allowing him to blackmail them he would have done them out of the deal anyway. Owen already knew Phelan was dodgy but went into business with him anyway. What an idiot. As I recall all the Armstrong girls were interested in, in particularly Katie was they would be rich. Wasn't Anna the only one with doubts because of the history with Phelan? The Armstrong's greed is what really landed them in the flat, not Gary. And as for Gary losing his job, there is no way Kal would have a legal leg to stand on, sacking him for dating his ADULT daughter. The soon the Armstrongs leave the better.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Gary never cheated on anyone.

He tried it on with Tina
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wotnot wrote: »
    He tried it on with Tina

But he never cheated. And in regards to the recent Alya 'relatinship' he did nothing wrong even though Izzy was acting ike he did.
  • Options
    ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont think I have ever cared less about a character than I do Gary Windass.
    He's a moping little shite.

I wish He, Alya, Izzy, Kal and Kals Mum would just leave my screen forever.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Completely agree. You'd think Jake had severed his arm the way they carried on. So Gary was meant to just sit there whilst those idiots had a go at Roy? Roy who is supposed to be a friend as well as Anna's boss? I think Anna would have been rightfully proud he had defended someone as quiet as Roy against them.

The real problem though wasn't Jakes grazed arm, it was the fact Princess Izzy has got the monk on because Gary has moved on from her. She thinks she can control it all, she wanted to split from Gary so they split. She decides they should get back together and probably for the first time in her life she is told no so she goes crying to daddy. Quite why Gary was attracted to the whining shrew in the first place is beyond me. Gary has to my knowledge never turned his back on Jake despite the relationship with Izzy ending, so why he is being painted as the world's worst father is rubbish.

As for Owen and his "what are you for" speech. He should look at himself. I think even if Gary hadn't thumped Phelan therefore allowing him to blackmail them he would have done them out of the deal anyway. Owen already knew Phelan was dodgy but went into business with him anyway. What an idiot. As I recall all the Armstrong girls were interested in, in particularly Katie was they would be rich. Wasn't Anna the only one with doubts because of the history with Phelan? The Armstrong's greed is what really landed them in the flat, not Gary. And as for Gary losing his job, there is no way Kal would have a legal leg to stand on, sacking him for dating his ADULT daughter. The soon the Armstrongs leave the better.

Well said.
    Though i will miss Owen when he leaves as overall i like the characetr and i like him with Anna,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    But he never cheated. And in regards to the recent Alya 'relatinship' he did nothing wrong even though Izzy was acting ike he did.

In regards to Alya, he isn't in the wrong but I do understand why Izzy would be angry and feel humiliated since she misread the situation. Where Tina is concerned, I'd say it's a matter of perspective, I'd consider it being unfaithful to have tried to get it on with another woman.
  • Options
    tripitakatripitaka Posts: 5,636
    Forum Member
    All Gary did was share a few bags of chips with Alya but Kal treats him like a sex pest. Izzy treats him like a child abuser as Jake has run of the mill accident. Katy lays into him even though she did far worse to Chesney. Owen is the worst of the lot, he always behaves like he deserves a medal for raising his own kids and gives out lectures on parenting at a drop of hat even though he hit Faye who isn't even his kid.
  • Options
    tripitakatripitaka Posts: 5,636
    Forum Member
    And as for Gary losing his job, there is no way Kal would have a legal leg to stand on, sacking him for dating his ADULT daughter. The soon the Armstrongs leave the better.

It wasn't really a job just a short term contract to build a sauna
  • Options
    ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why on earth would Sgt Windass expect to be employed after having a fight over his employers daughter ? Surely he isn't that thick that he still expects to work there as if nowt has happened ?
  • Options
    notdebbiedinglenotdebbiedingle Posts: 45,817
    Forum Member
    Until last night I have defended the Armstrong clan on these pages!? Owen was a dislikeable character but since hooking up with Anna they have become something like a decent family, also the two girls, whilst not being the most interesting characters ever to grace the cobbles, were likeable enough lasses!! However in the last week or so the whole lot have been 'Blackburned' into a set of unpleasant, bullying hypocrites!! Yes we all know Gary is what he is, including Izzy who still wanted to get back with him, but throughout all this the only thing he's done wrong was clobber Phelan for threatening behaviour towards his Mum, something any bloke would have done!! The rest as SecretLifeoBees correctly states above is down to Owen egged on by Izzy & Katy seeing pound signs & been dumb enough to go into business with someone he knew damn well was dodgy!! I too am now ready to see the back of all three to be honest!! >:( >:( >:(
  • Options
    Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    They are so hypocritical its unreal. Katy kicking off at gary for fancying alya, when izzy had already dumped him! Ot wasnt long ago she was cheating on chesney. Also she critisized gary for not buying jake a xmas present yet she was dumping her kid on anyone that would have him so she could go out getting drunk!

Izzy is just as bad, she ended the relationship and now garys finally moved on shes deciding she wants him back. Too late for that now!

As for owen well. If hes always hated gary why did he pay for them to have a baby? Why not support izzy alone having a baby?

Anna should come back and leave him. Surely she has to put gary first. She would be better off as a single working mother with faye as she would be priority if she was homeless so surely she would get somewhere where she and her kids could live.
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont think I have ever cared less about a character than I do Gary Windass.
    He's a moping little shite.

I wish He, Alya, Izzy, Kal and Kals Mum would just leave my screen forever.
    :D:D:D:D

Couldn't agree more. :D But in the interests of fairness and credibility - something Corrie has lost along the way - in this particular instance, he has done nothing wrong. Since he got together with Alya, his nearest and dearest are treating him like a total pariah and they are throwing his past sins back in his face, when they had no problems with it in the past. Yes, he's a tw*t, but he always has been. What's changed? Izzy dumped him, not the other way round. :confused:
  • Options
    GrannyGruntbuckGrannyGruntbuck Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The fact that he supposedly has PTSD is an insult to real soldiers.
    He was only in the army for around 10 minutes.
    As an ex soldier, the character irritates me.
  • Options
    Mel1314Mel1314 Posts: 2,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tt88 wrote: »
    They are so hypocritical its unreal. Katy kicking off at gary for fancying alya, when izzy had already dumped him! Ot wasnt long ago she was cheating on chesney. Also she critisized gary for not buying jake a xmas present yet she was dumping her kid on anyone that would have him so she could go out getting drunk!

I haven't seen yesterday's or Friday's episodes yet, but do we ever see Katy and Chesney's son? I can't recall the last time I saw him!
  • Options
    honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    The fact that he supposedly has PTSD is an insult to real soldiers.
    He was only in the army for around 10 minutes.
    As an ex soldier, the character irritates me.

But surely anyone can suffer from it if they experience a trauma? And could it be trivial to one person and devastating to another?

He isn't very self controlled for a soldier though, is he? Nor Kal, come to think of it!
  • Options
    notdebbiedinglenotdebbiedingle Posts: 45,817
    Forum Member
    But surely anyone can suffer from it if they experience a trauma? And could it be trivial to one person and devastating to another?

He isn't very self controlled for a soldier though, is he? Nor Kal, come to think of it!

It's Corrie's way of portraying soldiers though isn't it!! You've only to look at Jim, so you have!!
  • Options
    Hank1234Hank1234 Posts: 3,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what's the point in Izzie? .. Then again what's the point in most of them
  • Options
    Scotty_WaldenScotty_Walden Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wotnot wrote: »
    He tried it on with Tina

Who wouldn't? :p
  • Options
    GrannyGruntbuckGrannyGruntbuck Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who wouldn't? :p

Me!

I wouldn't. I see nothing attractive about her at all.

It's all false, false, false, false.

She epitomises everything I hate about today's superficial self obsessed society!