Options

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Comments

• Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What you playing on?

Yeah after watching a video online from what was obviously taken from a next gen console, it's obvious the graphics are only crap on the Xbox 360:(
    I know it's previous gen now, but the stuttery framerate, lack of any definition to the environments and the overall washed out, dull sense of colour is disappointing.
    It is a great advertisement to upgrade to next gen anyway where it looks a completely different game:blush:
  • Options
    Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    You can't really go by an online video, TBH
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can't really go by an online video, TBH

why is that?
  • Options
    Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    The online video is usually heavily compressed.
  • Options
    Bio MaxBio Max Posts: 2,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loving this game - rocking it as a 2 handed warrior. Started as a Mage but they feel really boring in this one compared to origins.

Great entry - dragon age is back!!
  • Options
    SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mages get so overpowered once you get the specializations. xD I'm playing archer with the assassin specialization and I find killing dragons to be quite quick with the mark skills.
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Mages get so overpowered once you get the specializations. xD I'm playing archer with the assassin specialization and I find killing dragons to be quite quick with the mark skills.

So it doesn't take long to get slaying dragons then ??
  • Options
    LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    PC Version comes on 4 dvds!

I usually buy PC games as downloads nowadays, but the price difference was just too high in this case (which is really stupid) and it wasn't available on Steam either. I forget how small DVDs are in comparison to the Blu-rays used by the likes of the PS4. Reminds me of the days when PC games like Baldur's Gate came on half a dozen CDs...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched a playthrough of the first 30-40 minutes and I'm sold on this game, the combat looks fantastic though I hope using tactical view isn't necessary to make it through battles and it more a useful took if you want it

The choices you make such as which path to take at the start already have me thinking about a second playthrough and I don't own the game, reminds me of Mass Effect with the Paragon and Renegade choices and wanting to play again to what the other option led to

Few questions, is it entirely open world for the entire game or do areas get closed off?
    Can you just run around every area collecting all the side quests and then complete them whenever you want?
  • Options
    Wayne321Wayne321 Posts: 2,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Hinterlands (first main area) is that big it could be a world map!! I was like wtf! I have played for 15 hours so far and I'm still in the first area!
  • Options
    MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wayne321 wrote: »
    The Hinterlands (first main area) is that big it could be a world map!! I was like wtf! I have played for 15 hours so far and I'm still in the first area!

I've unlocked all the campsites in the Hinterlands, it's pretty big. Nowhere near finishing it up though, 25 outstanding quests there alone. I could go to storm coast, orlais or another place but I want to clear out a bit more of the first area. It's verging on overwhelming.
    I also don't know whether to side with mages or Templars. I don't trust the mages but I don't like the Templars either.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    So it doesn't take long to get slaying dragons then ??

Not at all. I'm level 18 at the moment. But I have decent gear I found/crafted on myself and my party members. The first time I encountered a dragon at level 12, my party got one-shotted by a fireball to the face. Great experience! :D They are amazing to battle though. Have to make sure your party mixes well in terms of classes. Also have to maneuver yourself quite a bit during the battle. I'd say the first time I killed a dragon, the battle took about 15-20 minutes. Had zero health potions at the end of it, and my party barely lived to tell the story. The big battles are pretty amazing!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had a couple of crashes, haven't lost much progress so not really a biggie. Mildly annoying though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What system are you playing it on, MC_Satan? PC? I get crashed quite a lot too. Mostly the game will just close off completely and return to my desktop without any error messages.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MC_Satan wrote: »
    Had a couple of crashes, haven't lost much progress so not really a biggie. Mildly annoying though.

It's a real shame the Xbox 360 version is incredibly buggy.
    I've had the volume completely cut out at random moments and the game skipping forwards before the end of boss battles. Not to mention the awful pop out textures and overall dark, muddy appearance to the game.
    I can only imagine how awesome the game must look on xbox one/ps4:(

Still, I'm loving the gameplay so I'll soldier on through it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What system are you playing it on, MC_Satan? PC? I get crashed quite a lot too. Mostly the game will just close off completely and return to my desktop without any error messages.

PS4. Both times when I go to chat to someone. It's the equivalent of crash to desktop. Only happened twice. Still, better than my skyrim experience when it first came out (that was on pc).

Given the size of the maps and the complexity of the game I'm not surprised that it crashes on the 360 (or ps3), it's epic in scale and pretty deep and I am overwhelmed at times by choice of what to do next. Wherever I go new quests pop up on the map! Saw my first dragon (at level 4), it went to roast me but I was looking through one of the skull things and it didn't hurt me, killed my team though! It was trashing a tower in the North of Hinterlands and that time.
    Yes it does look lovely next gen, even if I am totally ham fisted with the character creator. Anyone I make looks a bit... odd.
  • Options
    Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PS4. Both times when I go to chat to someone. It's the equivalent of crash to desktop. Only happened twice. Still, better than my skyrim experience when it first came out (that was on pc).

Given the size of the maps and the complexity of the game I'm not surprised that it crashes on the 360 (or ps3), it's epic in scale and pretty deep and I am overwhelmed at times by choice of what to do next. Wherever I go new quests pop up on the map! Saw my first dragon (at level 4), it went to roast me but I was looking through one of the skull things and it didn't hurt me, killed my team though! It was trashing a tower in the North of Hinterlands and that time.
    Yes it does look lovely next gen, even if I am totally ham fisted with the character creator. Anyone I make looks a bit... odd.

Same here. I spotted a baby dragon and thought I'd take it on. Another popped into view. Then another and another. Then the mother appears and destroys the top of some tower and I thought better of it.
    Ran into some Ice Demon also at lvl 4 that totally wiped out my team with its ice beam. Didn't notice the red skull at first so went charging in as there were only two of them, the Ice Demon and one of those Ent-looking things. The fight lasted about 10 seconds.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yep enjoying it too. Done about 5 hours so far, didn't get a lot of free time this weekend. But enjoying it, the banter between the group is great. I've read from the developers that it's best not to do all the side quests but mainly concentrate on the main story. It's opened ended so you can go back and complete after the main quest, how many of us do that? Apparently it's quite easy to get bogged down on side quests.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always save the main story until last. That's why I still haven't finished Skyrim after 3 years and hundreds of hours. Only once everything has been sorted out will I go on to the main story. The only games I don't follow that rule are Assassins Creed.
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Same here. I spotted a baby dragon and thought I'd take it on. Another popped into view. Then another and another. Then the mother appears and destroys the top of some tower and I thought better of it.
    Ran into some Ice Demon also at lvl 4 that totally wiped out my team with its ice beam. Didn't notice the red skull at first so went charging in as there were only two of them, the Ice Demon and one of those Ent-looking things. The fight lasted about 10 seconds.

You know how I know you're old ?

You refer to walking trees as Ents and not Groots :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:blush:

Er, yeah, that's what I meant. :D

36 in two months.
  • Options
    Vast_GirthVast_Girth Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    I very much like it, but my goodness the camera and character controls are crap on the PC. How the hell did it get past testing?

It would be really easy to fix. All they need to do is.

Massively increase zoom out on tactical camera.
    Remove auto centering when selecting a character
    Enable click to attack without having to hold down the button.

I'd also like to be able to use left click to select items in the world in general too.

Hopefully they will patch it soon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah the tactical camera can be a pain, don't like the way it's got to path to a mob and not just move in a straight line. Would also like to see at least 2 commands given to each party member. IE when you come across some mobs, sometimes my ranged aren't in range of the mob I want them to attack, so would be nice to say move here and fire on this target.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What is a Groot? Presumably an Ent but where is the name from?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is a Groot? Presumably an Ent but where is the name from?

Guardians of the Galaxy

"I am Groot."