B*Witched - Love & Money (New Song)

2»

Comments

• Harper_MilneHarper_Milne Posts: 2,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow its actually genuinely good was not expecting that at all!!
  • simmersimmer Posts: 953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really like it.
  • TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    embryo wrote: »
    Yeah but those songs aren't exactly representative of their entire output - more often than not, their music was child-friendly pop. And if they're remembered for any song in particular, surely it's 'C'est La Vie', which is definitely at the more juvenile end of things.

Nice to see them back though, I remember listening to them as a child in the 90s!

Whilst its true that C'est La Vie is their most famous song by far, at least 1/3 of their albums were ballads... so I wouldn't say those songs were untypical of their output.

As for any critics of the new song, IF they do a new album I expect it will have a variety of styles on it.
  • tim18tim18 Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This song is actually a decent pop tune (generic but for bwitched. Its good)
  • KevinessKeviness Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounded even better blasting through the arena :D
  • mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like the song was suprised.
  • Theo_BearTheo_Bear Posts: 997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Keviness, can you identify the voices on the track through all the auto tuning?

I've been listening to B*Witched since 1998, have everything they've ever released, and can identify Edele's voice from 100 paces, but if I'd listened to this track blind, I'd have no idea it was them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Theo_Bear wrote: »
    Keviness, can you identify the voices on the track through all the auto tuning?

I've been listening to B*Witched since 1998, have everything they've ever released, and can identify Edele's voice from 100 paces, but if I'd listened to this track blind, I'd have no idea it was them.

It was much easier to identify them first time around, it was a bit difficult with Love & Money.

I can pick out Edele, Keavy & Sinead but I'm not sure where Lindsay sings!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Keviness wrote: »
    It was much easier to identify them first time around, it was a bit difficult with Love & Money.

I can pick out Edele, Keavy & Sinead but I'm not sure where Lindsay sings!

Sinead I can spot, I think I've picked Keavy, Lindsay possibly, but I've no idea where Edele is.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You gotta love that any remotely negative comments about the song have been removed from the B*Witchedofficial youtube page.

Doesn't seem they can take or want any criticism.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Theo_Bear wrote: »
    You gotta love that any remotely negative comments about the song have been removed from the B*Witchedofficial youtube page.

Doesn't seem they can take or want any criticism.

I'd do the same, I wouldn't want criticism on my work, constructive yeah but not negative comments,
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Keviness wrote: »
    I'd do the same, I wouldn't want criticism on my work, constructive yeah but not negative comments,

That's the problem. All the constructive stuff has gone as well.
  • applepie2100applepie2100 Posts: 23,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've listened to it a few times now I'm really loving it :)

Sure it has a bit of a Kelly Clarkson vibe about it but that's not a bad thing.
  • THEXFACTORKINGTHEXFACTORKING Posts: 2,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome song, sounds fresh and unique. Hopefully it's a success :-)

Some people are idiots thinking it's a Kelly knock off. What ....cause it has a guitar and rock edge it's a Kelly song? Millions of songs use rock and guitar sounds .

Idiotic !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It did sound far better on the Cardiff arena speakers than on my PC, but I think that's because it was too loud to be able to analyse it. The excess treble on the arena sound system covered up the vocal distortions on the track from all the auto tuning and post processing.

I'd be interested to see B*Witched sing this song live.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    I like the new song, even if it does feel like I've heard it somewhere before.

Crap, I've just seen that B*Witched have teamed up with eBay to sell off some of their old denim outfits for charity. All the proceeds go to Jeans for Genes Day. Top ladies, clearly.

Might have to get bidding for me mam. She loved B*Witched.
  • soinnocentsoinnocent Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    Its so catchy, i love it, I'm glad they didn't try to recreate a cest la vie type song,
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One word... YUCK