James Corden

Comments

• Options
    Hollo and GonchHollo and Gonch Posts: 4,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sluger wrote: »
    I have worked with him. He is a c***.

I've always thought that he comes across as quite likeable on TV, but I've heard things along the lines of your comment from a few other people in "the business". So I'm inclined to believe that there's some truth in what you say.

Can you elaborate a bit on why he's so bad?
  • Options
    MessaroundabitMessaroundabit Posts: 619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The 'quite likeable' bit is a total act.

He was SO devastatingly arrogant and repugnant that his advisers warned him he was likely to destroy his future prospects.

So he turned his 'acting talent' to his own portrayal.

Watch his interviews. Batch him shift when he is asked a key question. Listen to the pathetic false, un-compelling softening in his tone.

I have NEVER seen an act less believable or more obviously constructed for personal gain.

It is a cloak he uses to hide his conceited obnoxiousness because he was advised to do so.

I really can't see how anyone doesn't see this and the John Bishop interview was a classic example where the interviewer was playing along with him.

Odious, false character.

Just watch the astoundingly false intros to the Late Late Show opening each night - that truly pathetic supplicatory gesture, followed by the hand on the heart, so overwhelmed is he EVERY NIGHT at the incredible rapturous applause he is receiving.

The epitome of laughing all the way to the bank - laughing at those he takes in every single day.
  • Options
    SlugerSluger Posts: 861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've always thought that he comes across as quite likeable on TV, but I've heard things along the lines of your comment from a few other people in "the business". So I'm inclined to believe that there's some truth in what you say.

Can you elaborate a bit on why he's so bad?

He will single out one person in the company and continually pick on them and have a go at them. A big bully. It wasn't me by the way, but I witnessed it. His ego means he has to be and seen to be top dog at all times.
  • Options
    Hollo and GonchHollo and Gonch Posts: 4,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He will single out one person in the company and continually pick on them and have a go at them. A big bully. It wasn't me by the way, but I witnessed it. His ego means he has to be and seen to be top dog at all times.

Thanks... interesting! I can kind of imagine that scenario.
  • Options
    CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nah, not convinced by all the hate. I still like him. I find him very likeable and talented.
  • Options
    ChapwithwingsChapwithwings Posts: 847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's your opinion. I presume you've never met him so I don't know how you can know what he's like.

To be fair, whilst he's nowhere near as odious as some on here are trying to say, a lot of what you see on screen and in his characters is the real man.

I don't know him very well at all but my partner has known him since they were kids and is related to the real 'Gavin'. James really does have to be the centre of attention at all times and cannot stand being ignored. My g/f has said on many occasions that spending more than 10 minutes with him when he's on form can be, shall we say, very draining.

However, whilst he can be a complete ******** sometimes, he's not a bad person. He does have talent otherwise all these people wouldn't be falling over themselves to throw money at him. Celebrity is incredibly fickle though so I don't blame him for taking what is on offer and being accused of over-exposure as it could all dry up in an instant.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haphash wrote: »
    I can't understand why James Corden is always slagged off on this forum. He does have talent and he's done well for himself . Good luck to him.

Same here. He seems okay to me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    However, whilst he can be a complete ******** sometimes, he's not a bad person. He does have talent otherwise all these people wouldn't be falling over themselves to throw money at him. Celebrity is incredibly fickle though so I don't blame him for taking what is on offer and being accused of over-exposure as it could all dry up in an instant.

Absolutely. Make as much as you can until the day comes that you're no longer in demand. That's what James should do, and probably is doing.
  • Options
    ShotDownInFlameShotDownInFlame Posts: 5,681
    Forum Member
    I remember an awards show a few years ago that Patrick Stewart hosted and James Corden attended where Corden was being an insufferable tit to such a degree that Sir Patrick decided to bring him out on stage just to tell him what an absolute prat he was being.

And then Corden further revealed his true colours by not only not apologizing, but then mocking and insulting Sir Patrick in front of the entire audience.

Total ********.
  • Options
    WLTDYMUTAWLTDYMUTA Posts: 221
    Forum Member
    Sir Patric should have told him to boldly go.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember an awards show a few years ago that Patrick Stewart hosted and James Corden attended where Corden was being an insufferable tit to such a degree that Sir Patrick decided to bring him out on stage just to tell him what an absolute prat he was being.

And then Corden further revealed his true colours by not only not apologizing, but then mocking and insulting Sir Patrick in front of the entire audience.

Total ********.

Patrick Stewart didn't like the fact that James Corden was standing with his hands in his pockets (at the back of the room) and looking around while people were being called up for and receiving awards. He said this while James Cordon was on the stage with him. I wouldn't exactly call that behaving like a prat. It was Patrick Stewart in the video below that started mocking Corden.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIBUWqSTp90
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    Patrick Stewart didn't like the fact that James Corden was standing with his hands in his pockets (at the back of the room) and looking around while people were being called up for and receiving awards. He said this while James Cordon was on the stage with him. I wouldn't exactly call that behaving like a prat. It was Patrick Stewart in the video below that started mocking Corden.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIBUWqSTp90

Maybe he'd had experience of Corden behaving rudely 'behind the scenes'. I can't imagine it came out of nowhere.

I admit to being one of those not enamoured by him in the slightest and he has admitted to behaving obnoxiously.. Sometimes people are put off by those who are confident in their own skin, irrespective of whether they are fat, thin, generally nice/ nasty orwhatever. My boyfriend had the unfortunate experience of being at school with Chris Moyles, another individual with high self-confidence.
    It's sometimes nice to see a bit of genuine humility as nobody likes a show-off.

Can't say whether Corden's attempts at being self-effacing or not are genuine because I can no longer watch anything he does. I respect the fact that other people like him. Each to their own.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    Maybe he'd had experience of Corden behaving rudely 'behind the scenes'. I can't imagine it came out of nowhere.

Maybe. It must have been a kind of revenge thing then.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's amazing how many people he fools with his pathetic act.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's amazing how many people he fools with his pathetic act.

A lot of people thought Hitler was a good guy.
  • Options
    Johnny_CashJohnny_Cash Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

that escalated quickly
  • Options
    RobertSterlingRobertSterling Posts: 398
    Forum Member
    Lou Kelly wrote: »
    I only like him as Smithy in Gavin & Stacey.

I don't like him as a person.

Do you actually know him 'as a person'? Or only from what you've seen and read about him?
  • Options
    Decepticons1Decepticons1 Posts: 484
    Forum Member
    Just saw the video of Cordon & Stewart at the awards show, I think Borden must've done something to Stewart for him to hard like that and embarrass him and I'm glad Stewart did what he did. How the hell Borden has become so popular or was even given the chance at his own show in the U.S. is beyond me. Guess he takes it real deep...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's your opinion. I presume you've never met him so I don't know how you can know what he's like.

Why would you presume that? 🤔
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,944
    Forum Member
    Why would you presume that? 🤔

Just a hunch.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    that escalated quickly

I think Hitler was a better person at least he had the decency to shoot himself.
  • Options
    liamhereliamhere Posts: 2,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James " its all about me...me ...me" Corden.....not my cup of tea...but
    each to there own :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How the hell Borden has become so popular or was even given the chance at his own show in the U.S. is beyond me. Guess he takes it real deep...

If no one wants to work with you in you home country, you have to look elsewhere.
  • Options
    DarthFaderDarthFader Posts: 3,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must be barking but for me he his humble, funny and generous.
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems to be a lot of bandwagon hate for this guy, I didn't like him just for the sake of it once I admit it, but he's actually alright, and has done very well for himself.