Options

Dinner Date

Comments

• Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you going to have a DD Reunion Matt? You know, meet up with other contestants?

You never know, you might find romance with someone who was on a different show to yours! :)
  • Options
    CookmeparsnipsCookmeparsnips Posts: 1,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    magicmat wrote: »
    Right after filming I started seeing someone else, a TV presenter that I had worked with a few weeks previous. I called an end to that a few weeks ago, so Im single again...
    Oh, you never know...how's your cooking BG?! Or maybe its my turn?!! :cool:

Go out with me! I can cook a bit, and I'm not too tall at 5'4 I'm 32 but look young for my age... oh, but I am a brunette. Darn. :(

I thought it was really sad you didn't get your date, but I've cheered up a bit hearing the trouble you had getting the 'fake away' together! :)

At least you came across as nice- that must have been a relief given some of the people we've seen on this show!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well done Mat, enjoyed that. We were really surprised you didn't pick number 1 though, she seemed like a nice girl if a little wacky!
  • Options
    asy1mpoasy1mpo Posts: 557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's still gorgeous :o
    Too much makeup. Whats up with those eyelashes - look clumped together.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 136
    Forum Member
    Number 1 was really nice, and prettier in person than on the camera. Her english was very good, but I think some of my humour gets lost when it gets translated so we lacked a bit of the banter that I had on the other evenings. She also leads a very studenty lifestyle...drinking wine out of tumblers...not chilling the wine....eating food off boxes on the floor... not sure we would have made a particularly good match for anything more than that one date.

Louise (number 2) however did tick a lot of those boxes...I dont think that date was shown particularly well, it was actually a lot of fun and we laughed A LOT. I obviously didnt see her issues with cooking earlier in the day, although I could hear some it going wrong from the lounge! :rolleyes: It was a real shame we didnt get to have our date...although since I started dating someone, probably wasent such a good at the time!
  • Options
    SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,704
    Forum Member
    I don't get to see them so I didnt know!

Weirdly, the first girl I "rejected" is actually a friend of a friend! When I mentioned DInner Date to our mutual friend, she put the pieces together and figured it out! ...

I know :D I was joking - the fact they all turned out to be blondes with long hair must have been transmitted to you subliminally or something. It just tickled me.

I remember you saying about the friend of a friend connection now, that would have been really strange - imagine if you'd chosen her and then picked No 2 for the date, that'd have been two things that had never happened on the show before.
    ... I had a bit of a running gag about the "locally sourced goats cheese"...on TV I think I just sounded a bit odd! The producer was struggling to not laugh on camera so I took that as a good sign...

Shame really.
    They sometimes do seem to take things that must make perfect sense on the night, or as you say, a running gag and the way it ends up on screen makes it seem a bit :confused:
    Like I said before, thanks everyone, its been so nice having all your support and well wishes....

At least I got 2 stars, even if she DID say "looks arent everything"! Sounded really harsh, although Im not sure she meant it that way! :rolleyes:

It's been interesting and you did come out of it well.
    I thought when she said looks aren't everything that it was qualifying that maybe you weren't what she'd described as her usual type or something? not a particular criticism of how you do look?
    I wasn't studying it though, you'd know better than me, it just didn't come over to me as a comment to worry about.
    Was it you who joked that you're really blonde? I think it was, but to be honest, sometimes all the shows seem to blend into one -
    not that I'm likely to mix you up with the guy the night before :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Go out with me! I can cook a bit, and I'm not too tall at 5'4 I'm 32 but look young for my age... oh, but I am a brunette. Darn. :(
    hehe I'm not particularly into blondes, in fact my ex was a brunette! So I am excepting offers.... lol
  • Options
    SmiirkySmiirky Posts: 1,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This episode sounded great and I missed it, typical.
  • Options
    elite fileselite files Posts: 15,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You did, good call! You get first prize!

The cancelled date casued a really big issue for the producers. It was a really big unavoidable issue that Louise had, so we went through quite a lot of options. We looked at filming the "proper" date the following week, but I was away for a few days, and her family issue turned really quite serious. The episode had to go into the edit suite so timing was an issue. There are also lots of very strict rules from ITV about complience...after all the fake documentaries n stuff, so we couldnt change the outcome etc. The way the programme ended was the only way it could really be done.

The sequence of me walking with a takeaway at night was actually filmed a couple of weeks later, when we also filmed me at the table alone and in the garden. It was funny, we needed a takeaway, but they were all shut at 4pm on a Saturday so we had to search for silver takeaway type packaging and chinese food to put in it! The secrets of TV making!

I know, I was pleased with that line! I let it slip to the series producer who came to visit and he liked it so much, he asked me to use it on camera!

a whole load of comedy of errors:( then i glad i not the only one that is cursed:p:p:p i haved equally stuff go worng in my tv land namely anne robinson tellling me to not to go to her neighbour hood and i a accidnet waiting to happen he he
  • Options
    Forum Member
    SolarSail wrote: »
    Was it you who joked that you're really blonde? I think it was, but to be honest, sometimes all the shows seem to blend into one -
    not that I'm likely to mix you up with the guy the night before :D

Glad to hear you pick us 2 out of a line up at least!

It was me that joked about being blonde, when she was talking about only going for dark haired guys...I said it was a good job I had dyed my hair previously. Maybe anouther "joke" that got lost on TV... or maybe just not that funny!:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Smiirky wrote: »
    This episode sounded great and I missed it, typical.

ITV Player, or I've put it onto Youtube for my friends and family that live abroad!
  • Options
    SmiirkySmiirky Posts: 1,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ITV Player, or I've put it onto Youtube for my friends and family that live abroad!

Are you, THE Mat? :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Glad to hear you pick us 2 out of a line up at least!

It was me that joked about being blonde, when she was talking about only going for dark haired guys...I said it was a good job I had dyed my hair previously. Maybe anouther "joke" that got lost on TV... or maybe just not that funny!:rolleyes:

:D yes, I managed that (and you didn't end up in a caravan with a rat on your lap either) so there's a bonus.

Aaah yes, I did remember correctly. It made me laugh - I was relating it back to looks not being everything. See, all good.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Yup yup! Read back a few pages.....LOTS of posts about it all! :eek:
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He's famous!! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He's famous!! :D

Infamous!:eek:
  • Options
    Hector RivaHector Riva Posts: 2,233
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Infamous!:eek:

And are you related to Eddie Izzard? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    And are you related to Eddie Izzard? :D

No, no relation, just a lookie likey apparently!
  • Options
    pete137pete137 Posts: 18,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Realy not seeing the Eddie Izzard likeness at all. It was bugging me who Mat reminded me of and it finally came to me.......................Tiffanys brother from Eastenders years ago. The looks, the mannerisms, etc. No offence intended ;)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e8/Simon_Raymond.jpg
  • Options
    Gemo52Gemo52 Posts: 128,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    ’d evening all.

It seems a bit of an anticlimax now.
  • Options
    duvindupainduvindupain Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening all

Late again - whole day (spent at work, trying to look normal) has been in sloooow motion as am mightily hungover :o
  • Options
    guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evening...I'm a bit late..:(

Thread seems a bit quieter than yesterday.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Evening - just got in by the skin of my teeth. Missed the very beginning, came in part way through the menus. It's Rachel isn't it? she seems nice.

I know what you mean about the anticlimax Gemo, but it could be a good episode tonight.
  • Options
    guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evening all

Late again - whole day (spent at work, trying to look normal) has been in sloooow motion as am mightily hungover :o

Ha...party went well then!
  • Options
    duvindupainduvindupain Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am liking No 1's circuit board jewellery!
This discussion has been closed.