BB Posters Reunited and WELCOME to the lurkers! (Part 53)

Comments

• Janet29Janet29 Posts: 22,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only those who never wondered where the ferry across the Mersey was actually going. :D

ive just learned something how stupid of me not to realise were the ferry went....i just googled. i have only been to Liverpool twice, once when i was 13 then a couple of years ago to do a day course at the Uni, couldnt find a parking space so went home :D

on the google map wirral looks more rural in Hickys defence
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    Janet29 wrote: »
    ive just learned something how stupid of me not to realise were the ferry went....i just googled. i have only been to Liverpool twice, once when i was 13 then a couple of years ago to do a day course at the Uni, couldnt find a parking space so went home :D

A lot of it is, but not so much where Hicky lives. And it is RIGHT next to Liverpool. :D

There are lots of ferry cruises going all over the place and they have bands and comedians on in the evenings and you can go down to Salford quays but if we talk about "The ferry" it means the one you nip over to Birkenhead on.
    It used to be that if you didn't get off you didn't have to pay, and we used to stay on for hours when i was little. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of it is, but not so much where Hicky lives. And it is RIGHT next to Liverpool. :D

There are lots of ferry cruises going all over the place and they have bands and comedians on in the evenings and you can go down to Salford quays but if we talk about "The ferry" it means the one you nip over to Birkenhead on.
    It used to be that if you didn't get off you didn't have to pay, and we used to stay on for hours when i was little. :)

i took it to be Birkenhead :D

i go to salford quite a bit near the Quays i didnt realise the ferry went there
    Forum Member
    i took it to be Birkenhead :D

i go to salford quite a bit near the Quays i didnt realise the ferry went there
    We call Salford Quays shopping centre "hell" because they always have the heating on full blast. There are some really good shops though if you can get round them without wilting. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We call Salford Quays shopping centre "hell" because they always have the heating on full blast. There are some really good shops though if you can get round them without wilting. :D

we treat ourselves to Harry Ramsdens fish and chips part way through that keeps us going:D...i know what you mean though
  • HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    You should say "Birkenhead, home of Paul O' Grady" and everyone would know where you meant. :-D
    When you are in Malaya/Singapore in a camp with 500 fellers don't think that would tell them much.:-))))))))))))
    Scots rool wrote: »
    :-rolleyes: Even I know the Wirral is 'by' Liverpool. I doubt there are many people who don't know that.
    But you are so well informed, unlike 99% of the world.:-)))))))))
    Hicky, you do know that New Brighton has a cinema dont you? i am sure this must be less than five miles from you.
    http://www.lightcinemas.co.uk/en.aspx
    Bromborough and Birkenhead also have cinemas.
    Do they, I know Birkenhead & Bromborough do but it's not what i call local.
    Only those who never wondered where the ferry across the Mersey was actually going. :-D
    Everyone still wonders where it goes.
    I took a ferry..on the mersey.. and ended up in birmingham :-p

even i know where the wirral is
    I didn't even know it went to Birmingham.
    ive just learned something how stupid of me not to realise were the ferry went....i just googled. i have only been to Liverpool twice, once when i was 13 then a couple of years ago to do a day course at the Uni, couldnt find a parking space so went home :-D

Parking is easier now but you have to use a multi story car park.

It is total Rural Janet, don't believe Honey she's just so jealous.:-)
    A lot of it is, but not so much where Hicky lives. And it is RIGHT next to Liverpool. :-D

It used to be that if you didn't get off you didn't have to pay, and we used to stay on for hours when i was little. :-)
    You are so funny, the houses in a City don't have massive trees outside their doorway.

A cheap day out.:-))))))))))))
  • ArtemesiaArtemesia Posts: 43,241
    Forum Member
    Hicky wrote: »
    When you are in Malaya/Singapore in a camp with 500 fellers don't think that would tell them much.:-))))))))))))

But you are so well informed, unlike 99% of the world.:-)))))))))

Do they, I know Birkenhead & Bromborough do but it's not what i call local.

Everyone still wonders where it goes.

Parking is easier now but you have to use a multi story car park.

You are so funny, the houses in a City don't have massive trees outside their doorway.

A cheap day out.:-))))))))))))

When we lived in Newcastle, we had a massive tree both back and front and we were practically in the City Centre!.I certainly wouldn't call where you live, rural, you have houses all around ....
    Forum Member
    I was born and brought up very close to Salford Quays, all long demolished, of course....
    Forum Member
    Good Evening :)

Had a lovely walk, too hilly for me to run.All the runners came back scratched to pieces after running through a thorny patch...
    We had a lovely meal after, especially as my friend Lauren was visiting.She was posted to Switzerland several months ago, though her husband still has 18 months to finish on his contract, here, and I have missed her, but probably not as much as he has.

It was sunny with a chill in the air.We ate inside the Taverna where there was a roaring log fire and we had village sausage, pork chops, beef patties and many types of salad and dips.
  • Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Evening all :)

OMG! It is absolutely Baltic out there, it's so cold it could slice your ears off! :eek::eek:
  • MootleMootle Posts: 35,232
    Forum Member
    Evening all :D

Rupert was allowed to sleep where he wanted last night and we all got some sleep, at last!
    He is currently asleep and is lying close to Miss Blossom Mootle who is very maternal.
    Is that a brief case, or glasses case?.-)))))))))

If i don't say the Wirral is by Liverpool those living down souf wouldn't have a clue were it was.
    It's just a marker, like in the military, if i didn't mention Liverpool they thought i came from a foreign country.
    I know where both the Wirral AND Birkenhead are and I am just a colonial hick.:)
  • MootleMootle Posts: 35,232
    Forum Member

OMG! It is absolutely Baltic out there, it's so cold it could slice your ears off! :eek::eek:

Good Grief :D
    Please don't send it here, it is bad enough as it is...:(
    Forum Member

You can go to Birmingham too for the price of a bottle of baileys and a bucks fizz.:D
    Third best in the north west ner ner ner ner. :p
    If it was totally rural you wouldn't need a park!
    You never been down Princes road? Or Falkner square? or in London, Grosvenor square and the whole of Belgravia?
    Forum Member
    Artemesia wrote: »
    When we lived in Newcastle, we had a massive tree both back and front and we were practically in the City Centre!.I certainly wouldn't call where you live, rural, you have houses all around ....

They must be secret farmyards. :D No wonder he needs the 4x4 with super duper tyres if he's driving through silage!
    Forum Member
    Oh my goodness. On songs of praise they have someone murdering "the lord's my shepherd with an R&B version. It reminds me of Michelle BB5 singing Pie Jesus. :D but its worse.
    Forum Member
    They must be secret farmyards. :D No wonder he needs the 4x4 with super duper tyres if he's driving through silage!

:D:D:D
  • HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    Good Evening :-)

Had a lovely walk, too hilly for me to run.All the runners came back scratched to pieces after running through a thorny patch...
    We had a lovely meal after, especially as my friend Lauren was visiting.She was posted to Switzerland several months ago, though her husband still has 18 months to finish on his contract, here, and I have missed her, but probably not as much as he has.

It was sunny with a chill in the air.We ate inside the Taverna where there was a roaring log fire and we had village sausage, pork chops, beef patties and many types of salad and dips.
    Evening all :-)

OMG! It is absolutely Baltic out there, it's so cold it could slice your ears off! :-eek::-eek:
    Mootle wrote: »
    Evening all :-D

Rupert was allowed to sleep where he wanted last night and we all got some sleep, at last!
    He is currently asleep and is lying close to Miss Blossom Mootle who is very maternal.

I know where both the Wirral AND Birkenhead are and I am just a colonial hick.:-)

Evening all.:-)))))))))))))

All about Wirral, it goes back a long long way.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wirral_Peninsula
    Forum Member
    Good Evening :)

It sounds lovely apart from the thorns. Is Sam a runner?
    Mootle wrote: »
    Evening all :D

I know where both the Wirral AND Birkenhead are and I am just a colonial hick.:)
    Where did he sleep?
    Evening all.:-)))))))))))))

All about Wirral, it goes back a long long way.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wirral_Peninsula

From your link...

The Wirral is considered part of the Liverpool City Region.[18] :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

no wonder that smiley face is blue, its ears have dropped off too:eek: keep warm...its just very windy here at the moment brr
    You can go to Birmingham too for the price of a bottle of baileys and a bucks fizz.:D

Third best in the north west ner ner ner ner. :p
    If it was totally rural you wouldn't need a park!

You never been down Princes road? Or Falkner square? or in London, Grosvenor square and the whole of Belgravia?

youve got to remember im from Blackburn so it looks pretty rural to me :D
    Forum Member
    It sounds lovely apart from the thorns. Is Sam a runner?

Where did he sleep?

From your link...

The Wirral is considered part of the Liverpool City Region.[18] :p

Yes, he is, though he terms himself a 'lumberer' rather than a gazelle...:p
    Forum Member
    I can't remember if it was someone from here who wanted to see the scary owls in situ?
    Anyway, managed to grab a photo of them.
    The things that look like grubby curtains at the windows, are bug screens on the outside - they don't photograph well...:p

http://www.flickr.com/photos/62271091@N03/8586857878/in/photostream
    Forum Member
    I can't remember if it was someone from here who wanted to see the scary owls in situ?
    The things that look like grubby curtains at the windows, are bug screens on the outside - they don't photograph well...:p

You have bugs all year round? :eek:
    Forum Member
    You have bugs all year round? :eek:

Yes, we have mosquitos all year.They are not as plentiful when it is freezing but if the sun comes out, even in the cold weather, so do the mozzies.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

love them :D..poor Spiro though :(
    Forum Member
    love them :D..poor Spiro though :(

He hasn't seen them yet, Janet and (fingers crossed) he hasn't fainted for a few months.Celeste sits on our dressing table and growls at them when their heads move, she is not at all pleased at lack of birds...:p:p
This discussion has been closed.