Options

Young Vets

13»

Comments

• Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,549
    Forum Member
    Muze wrote: »
    Wow, they should be prosecuted for the size of that sheep!!

And I love Judy, but I really think she needs to take some time to work on her maths, sorry but if you are deciding on the lives of animals 'oh I'm dyslexic' wouldn't wash with me - she wouldn't get near my dog!

She's be wasted with the PDSA though

I was shouting at my tv for her not to stay there. She is to nice and she cannot interact enough with the clients there. Imo I would see her suited as an equine vet.

I have a bit of a girl crush on Judy :blush: Her sense of humour is brilliant :D

Dru has got a dream job and I can see his mum being really proud of him.

I could not believe the state of the cows eye and the farmer saying he does not have the money for the vet to op on it >:(

As for Finn the GR. So sad as he was such a beautiful dog.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I felt sorry for Polly & Marnie today
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I felt sorry for Polly & Marnie today

So sad that Marnie may suffer all her life with that.

Quite a sad episode tonight.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What a jaw dropping episode tonight :o

So glad Alba made it. What amazing treatment.

Did the bitten JR bill come to £800 or did I miss hear? That seemed such a lot of money.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I thought they said £800 as well, which if true is scandalous! I was so relieved Alba made it, and I loved the Great Dane too, sad that tomorrows episode is the final one.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes it was £800. I think the lady summed it up when she said its because we are lucky enough to have the NHS and have no idea of the cost of treatments because we get it free. There is no NHS for animals. Vets get paid a huge amount so stands to reason treatments will be big money. Glad we have insurance but this poor dog was attacked. Pity the other dog owner was not made to pay.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Quinnx3 wrote: »
    Yes it was £800. I think the lady summed it up when she said its because we are lucky enough to have the NHS and have no idea of the cost of treatments because we get it free. There is no NHS for animals. Vets get paid a huge amount so stands to reason treatments will be big money. Glad we have insurance but this poor dog was attacked. Pity the other dog owner was not made to pay.

I did think that but we only heard one side of the story. JR's can be little b*ggers tho so maybe he started it :kitty:
  • Options
    CressidaCressida Posts: 3,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Judy's lively and funny and has the most fantastic rapport with everyone she must be a joy to work with. After graduation they'll be constantly using their skills but can't imagine any of them will be out there 'alone and unaided'. Judy will pick up on her maths when she's doing calculations day after day and if any of them come across something that stumps them there'll be senior vets to consult. The poor dog which had New Forest something or other had a virtual herd of vets discussing his case and didn't they do well. Must have been very gratifying for them to have such a positive outcome so hope there was a paper written.

All the young vets are so enthusiastic it's a really heart warming programme to watch. :)
  • Options
    Twenty10Twenty10 Posts: 419
    Forum Member
    Quinnx3 wrote: »

If it's £800 to treat a bite wound, imagine the cost of dialysis and other treatments for Alba :o

And there was another dog on previously who'd had, if I recall correctly, three operations for cancer and then he'd got something else wrong. Must have cost a fortune.
  • Options
    CressidaCressida Posts: 3,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Twenty10 wrote: »
    If it's £800 to treat a bite wound, imagine the cost of dialysis and other treatments for Alba :o

And there was another dog on previously who'd had, if I recall correctly, three operations for cancer and then he'd got something else wrong. Must have cost a fortune.

Apparently it cost Alba's owner £6,800 in total, only £4,000 of which was covered by her insurance.

She said they were lucky they could afford it but if it had gone on much longer treatment would have to have stopped. She also said it's hard to put a price on your pet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That poor Basset Hound :cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Going to really miss this programme, especially Judy as she was such a happy person and it showed passing and becoming a vet was so important to her. So pleased for her and all the rest.

How lucky were those children at that age being able to see what a vets life was. If only that had happened in my day, my life would have been so different :(

Poor Lolly :( I have had to make that decision so many times and it does not get any easier :cry:
  • Options
    Dragonlady 25Dragonlady 25 Posts: 8,587
    Forum Member
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    Going to really miss this programme, especially Judy as she was such a happy person and it showed passing and becoming a vet was so important to her. So pleased for her and all the rest.

How lucky were those children at that age being able to see what a vets life was. If only that had happened in my day, my life would have been so different :(

Poor Lolly :( I have had to make that decision so many times and it does not get any easier :cry:

I agree with you on all counts here, particularly the last. :cry:

That's one reason why we never have just one dog. I don't think I could stand coming back to an empty house after one of my dogs has taken their last walk.
  • Options
    LibitinaLibitina Posts: 2,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cried when they got their results. I know how stressed they would be as I was a gibbering wreck when waiting to see if I'd passed my nursing course.
    They all seem a great bunch but Judy was my favourite.
  • Options
    RrosesRroses Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just caught up with the rest of the series, which I enjoyed. Yes, so pleased for Judy. From the careers advisor that told her she would never be a vet, and beyond, suspect she had more of a struggle than the others to get as far as she has.
    Good luck to her,