The X Factor Australia [2014 Discussion Thread]

Comments

• 09beyoncefan09beyoncefan Posts: 2,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some picks from me if I were the judges (I'm bored and like doing these):

Caitlyn - You're Still The One by Shania Twain
    She needs to do a country ballad I think, it would really show her tone!

Marlisa - Listen To Your Heart by Roxette
    I did think Skyscraper but she can't emote enough for that, she seems to be good at these old-ish rocky ballads though.

Reigan - Stay by Shakespears Sister (My Immortal is a beyond perfect choice though, good shout the poster who said this above!)
    Such a haunting song, I think she'd really rock this.

Jason - Man In The Mirror by Michael Jackson
    Very cliche but it's slightly different for him and his usual funky soul stuff whilst not being a drastic change.

Brothers3 - The Cave by Mumford & Sons
    They'll just suck the life out of whatever they sing but this'll suit them I guess.

Tee - Counting Stars by OneRepublic
    Again, I won't like most things he sings so idc I just kinda thought of any song that would vaguely suit him.

Dean - With Or Without You by U2
    Not sure he can go for it enough for a song like this but I'd like to see.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interview with Rochelle ,interesting what she says about Redfoo having a favorite and just being ok as a mentor http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/566549/20140917/x-factor-australia-rochelle-pitt-redfoo-reigan.htm#.VBle2JRdUnM
  • earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kangroo4 wrote: »
    Interview with Rochelle ,interesting what she says about Redfoo having a favorite and just being ok as a mentor http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/566549/20140917/x-factor-australia-rochelle-pitt-redfoo-reigan.htm#.VBle2JRdUnM

Ooooh juicy stuff. Where's Tulisa to bring some of these things up unprofessionally on live TV?
  • wise-upwise-up Posts: 2,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's obvious foo likes reigan best and she is his best chance of success. I wonder which contestants think it is rigged and who are bitching. I could see Dean thinking it is rigged as he isn't normally the type to go on the show. Possibly Caitlin too. Alhough the contestants think it is the voting which is rigged which cannot be possible as it is a paid vote and they would be in trouble if they did. I do think the show is manipulated o get you to vote for certain contestants with running order and production on stage. I think tee could possibly be the type to say stuff like this too. I don't feel like he is natural when acting like the happy go lucky always smiling man.
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member

Wow, she hasn't even been gone a week! Slightly awkward at the final I imagine...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wise-up wrote: »
    It's obvious foo likes reigan best and she is his best chance of success. I wonder which contestants think it is rigged and who are bitching. I could see Dean thinking it is rigged as he isn't normally the type to go on the show. Possibly Caitlin too. Alhough the contestants think it is the voting which is rigged which cannot be possible as it is a paid vote and they would be in trouble if they did. I do think the show is manipulated o get you to vote for certain contestants with running order and production on stage. I think tee could possibly be the type to say stuff like this too. I don't feel like he is natural when acting like the happy go lucky always smiling man.

He was second in the revealed vote and had more votes than the producers's darling Reigan. If anything, he's happy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Song List Week 7

Latch - Disclosure (Sam Smith version)
    Stolen Dance - Milky Chance
    Still Into You - Paramore
    Dog Days Are Over - Florence + The Machine
    500 Miles - Proclaimers
    Try - P!nk
    When Doves Cry - Prince

This week it is the bottom 3 in the sing off.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Song List Week 7

Latch - Disclosure (Sam Smith version)
    Stolen Dance - Milky Chance
    Still Into You - Paramore
    Dog Days Are Over - Florence + The Machine
    500 Miles - Proclaimers
    Try - P!nk
    When Doves Cry - Prince

Oh double elimination YAY YAY YAY. My guess is that it's

Tee
    Brothers3
    Caitlyn
    Reigan
    Dean
    Marlisa
    Jason

in that order. <DISCLAIMER: I don't know song 2 or song 5>
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It could be a three-way sing-off, previously done in the Dutch version.

Speaking of which, look at their fourth series. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X_Factor_(Dutch_TV_series)#X_Factor_4_.282011.29

For some reason, Weeks 1 and 6 are guaranteed to have a vote total of over 100%. What kind of joke is this?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    earldbest wrote: »
    It could be a three-way sing-off, previously done in the Dutch version.

Speaking of which, look at their fourth series. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X_Factor_(Dutch_TV_series)#X_Factor_4_.282011.29

For some reason, Weeks 1 and 6 are guaranteed to have a vote total of over 100%. What kind of joke is this?

Is there anywhere for a breakdown of the votes in XF AUS like they have done here?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was looking Reigan up and wow. I didn't know that

- She performed on XF AU in series 2 (as a guest performer/a part of Scarlett Belle)
    - She was on Oz Idol in the same year as Jessica Mauboy and Dean Geyer (the guy who had a fling with Lea Michele in NYADA on Glee)
    - Her partner in Scarlett Belle is the ex of Kyle Sandilands (radio guy, former XF judge); she was also managed by the late Mark Byrne (Natalie's manager)

and here I was being amazed that Samantha Jade's song was on the Step Up soundtrack.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there anywhere for a breakdown of the votes in XF AUS like they have done here?

Probably not, unless the show decides to release all the figures from the past.
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Song List Week 7

Latch - Disclosure (Sam Smith version) - Tee
    Stolen Dance - Milky Chance - Dean
    Still Into You - Paramore - Caitlyn
    Dog Days Are Over - Florence + The Machine - Marlisa
    500 Miles - Proclaimers - Brothers 3
    Try - P!nk - Reigan
    When Doves Cry - Prince - Jason

My predictions for songs

And I'm predicting Tee, Jason, Caitlyn B3 with the first two probably going unless B3 are car crash as that song is a bit eek and only seems to really fit them
  • mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    unclekevo wrote: »
    My predictions for songs

And I'm predicting Tee, Jason, Caitlyn B3 with the first two probably going unless B3 are car crash as that song is a bit eek and only seems to really fit them

Its been listed by category uptil now so B3: prince, Reigan: P!nk etc
  • steve2013steve2013 Posts: 2,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    would much prefer reigan to have still into you or dog days are over but itll probable be try :(
  • peaceablegenie2peaceablegenie2 Posts: 13,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been wanting Reigan to sing Sam Smiths version of Latch for ages. Great to see it on the list but doubt she will be singing that :(

On another note it's Reigans birthday tomorrow and she will be singing at the footie- AFL Preliminary Finals. Not a bad way to spend a birthday :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Predictions:
    Latch - Tee
    Stolen Dance - Dean (awful choice of song, I like it but there's not a lot to do with it.... Then again I said that about Budapest which ended up being one of the best performances of the series)
    Still Into You - Caitlyn
    Dog Days Are Over - Reigan
    500 Miles - Brothers3
    Try - Marlisa
    When Doves Cry - Jason

I think Marlisa and Reigan's songs could be interchangeable, I guess I'm hopeful with my predictions. Reigan would smash Dog Days but I think it'd be too much for Marlisa... I'm fairly sure Caitlyn, Jason and Tee will be bottom 3 as said above, but maybe Caitlyn will get a rebound and we'll have a shock like maybe even Marlisa bottom 3? Would love it to be Brothers 3 though.
  • big bang theorybig bang theory Posts: 4,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The running order if the song choices are correct, I think will be.

1. Tee
    2. Marlisa
    3. Brothers3
    4. Jason
    5. Reigan
    6. Caitlyn
    7. Dean
  • Aaron_RudolphAaron_Rudolph Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    A fair running order this week (with some justification):

1. Reigan (same reasoning as last week, an over hasn't been first since week 1 and she hasn't been 1st of the overs).
    2. Caitlyn (has only been the 1st girl once and has only been earlier than 6th once).
    3. Jason (both the overs deserve to be on early and considering the overs have been in the last 2 every week except for one, they deserve to finish their performances as early as possible).
    4. Dean (it was a debate between him and Brothers3-I went for Dean as he has had slightly better slots than Brothers3 and since Tee should go last, there should be a big enough gap between the 2 boys).
    5. Brothers3 (pretty much by default, they've had 2 very late and 2 very early slots so they deserve a middle one).
    6. Marlisa (Has only been in last 4 once and has been first of the girls for the past 3 weeks but since the boys haven't been last, she shouldn't go last).
    7. Tee (fifth week in a row I've said he should be last, but the boys still haven't closed the show and he has still been in the first 4 every week except for one).

Not that I except them to follow this. Also I doubt this one caus it means both the acts Nat chose for are in the first 2, then its Danni's one and then the 2 boys.
  • peaceablegenie2peaceablegenie2 Posts: 13,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Confirmed so far

Marlisa- Try
    B3- 500 miles
  • big bang theorybig bang theory Posts: 4,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marlisa doesn't have Pink's vocal or charisma, I really think this will go wrong for her.

Brothers3 will butch another song that I like.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently these are the choices:

Jason - Latch by Disclosure & Sam Smith (I've read that it's the acoustic Sam Smith version, will be nice to see something different!)
    Dean - Stolen Dance by Milky Chance (like I said before, this song doesn't go anywhere really but that didn't stop Budapest being one of the best performances of the series!)
    Caitlyn - Still Into You by Paramore (not sure if this is a really bad or really good choice, we'll see... She should be ok votes wise given the rebound effect but then it's a bottom 3 so she could still be 3rd from bottom easily)
    Reigan Derry - Dog Days Are Over by Florence & The Machine (this is going to be epic, naturally)
    Brothers3 - I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) by The Proclaimers (ew, dear god)
    Marlisa - Try by P!nk (as I say below, not sure here)
    Tee - When Doves Cry by Prince (he has the pipes for sure but I find him quite shouty and irritating vocally with big songs like this, it should surely be his last week though :/)

Marlisa doesn't have Pink's vocal or charisma, I really think this will go wrong for her.

Brothers3 will butch another song that I like.
    Hmm I agree, but I think it could go either amazingly or really badly I think. I just pray for the former!

500 Miles is a hugely odd song choice for a show like this! Although tbh they probably could sing The Cartoons - Witch Doctor and be fine as far as votes go -_-
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When Doves Cry is a disaster waiting to happen. Why not just do Kiss lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    earldbest wrote: »
    When Doves Cry is a disaster waiting to happen. Why not just do Kiss lol
    I'm shuddering at just the thought of him screeching it actually D:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackel1234 wrote: »
    So was he impersonating a rock singer this week as well? Because he was in the top 20 with his performance this week....

Please refer to this clip by the wonderful Sharon Osbourne https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftYTCWl7H8M If you think Dean is legit rock, you need a lecture.