Doc Martin (Part 14 — Spoilers)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    Has anyone here ever sent fan mail to MC? Did you receive a reply? I'm thinking of sending something, because my obsession has made me lose my faculties. Would anyone have recommendations as to where to send it?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mmDerdekea wrote: »
    Absolutely! Especially if I was encased by pillows on the sofa, and first he gently poked my stomach, and then showed me the pictures of the authors. LOL. :D

Your stomach? :D:D;););)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will be at Buckham Fair in August; I volunteer to take one for the team. I was originally going to ask what his eye color is according to his driver's license (assuming they print that on British licenses?), but in light of recent unfortunate events, that may be a bit insensitive....;):p

MC's the same age as me (more or less) so his drivers licence won't have his eye colour on it. Not sure it's on more modern UK licences either.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 199
    Forum Member
    ReneeBird wrote: »
    Thanks Adelie, for the link to different eye colors. From what I could understand, it's quite fascinating! Now, if some of us can get close enough to MC to "just trying to determine the color of your eyes, mate!" that would be heaven. :cool::)

Watch the opening credits of season 5 of Men Behaving Badly. Lighting for that is cloudy day, red shirt. I am going to roll the dice and say they are gunmetal grey.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone here ever sent fan mail to MC? Did you receive a reply? I'm thinking of sending something, because my obsession has made me lose my faculties. Would anyone have recommendations as to where to send it?

Many have, no reply. I've tried the DM merchandise website and to Buffalo. No response from either.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 199
    Forum Member
    I will be at Buckham Fair in August; I volunteer to take one for the team. I was originally going to ask what his eye color is according to his driver's license (assuming they print that on British licenses?), but in light of recent unfortunate events, that may be a bit insensitive....;):p

In the case of blue/grey and Hazel eyed people you can make them (or say they are) whatever color you want them to be when at the good ol' DMV. I once had to explain to the nice DMV person what Hazel eyes are, she thought my eyes were green. I took my glasses off and showed her up close that they were indeed a mix of green, brown and "gold' (it was easier than trying to explain what color 'amber' is).

For a true reading you would need a studio, white clothing, white backdrop in 5600k-6500k studio lighting. The lighting would be a daylight standard and there would be no colors reflecting in them to change their color.
  • mmDerdekeammDerdekea Posts: 1,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    madmother wrote: »
    Your stomach? :D:D;););)

LOL! Please, please, let's keep it G-rated! ;-) (except in our thoughts).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    cc.cookie wrote: »
    Many have, no reply. I've tried the DM merchandise website and to Buffalo. No response from either.

Do you happen to have the address for Buffalo Pictures? My google search came up with several.
  • ConniejConniej Posts: 972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think there will be any dispute over whether MC is singing in this video. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6D8ynd8zKfg
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think this is the one that has worked for others recently.

Martin Clunes, Independent Talent Group Ltd, Oxford house, 76 Oxford Street, London WID 1BS, UK

They also have a sample of his voice work on one of their pages.

http://www.independenttalent.com/advoice/talent/?page_num=3
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still wonder what BP does with all their fan mail. Don't you think they must have people hired to go through all of it? How do they decide what to show BP? Does MC honor any requests for signatures? I wonder if he has ever responded to a fan's letter? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL! Please, please, let's keep it G-rated! ;-) (except in our thoughts).

:D:D But it was only smutty in your thoughts. :D I'm a very pure-minded person............... okay, you can all stop laughing now. ;)
  • marchrandmarchrand Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not looking to be flamed, but gosh, I'm surprised reading the high opinions on MC's voice. I always found it to be very average as a singing voice and certainly nothing really THAT good. I think his voice as a speaker and documentary narrative, so smooth and melodious, is much better than his voice as a singer. I'd rather listen to him read me a story to bed, than sing to me! :) Again, no intent to upset anyone!

All right, let's keep this thing going. MmDerdekea, don't you mean I'd rather listen to him read me a story IN bed, than sing to me! We all know each other around here pret-tee well!!!
  • NewParkNewPark Posts: 3,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone else notice DM's rather gentle tone of voice when he was treating Al: "Are you on drugs, Al? are you sure?"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.comedy.co.uk/guide/tv/doc_martin/

hadn't seen this before. Money quote (for me):

"The acting within the series is unquestionably brilliant however one fault is that the characters appear to be flexible in their personalities and reactions to situations. This may be due to the fact that the programme is written by a team of writers, rather than the traditional single writer."

I think we've figured this out already.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you happen to have the address for Buffalo Pictures? My google search came up with several.

They used to have an office in London. Most recently MC has hinted that they just run their company from home. I'm guessing they must have an official business mailing address but it's a well kept secret. :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Conniej wrote: »
    They used to have an office in London. Most recently MC has hinted that they just run their company from home. I'm guessing they must have an official business mailing address but it's a well kept secret. :confused:

Somehow Little Guinea got through to BP, because she went to Port Isaac in the 2011 filming season and presented Martin Clunes with a memory book that she had put together. She got a day on the set with Molly Bolt, who is Ben Bolt's daughter and a production assistant. She corresponded with someone to make that happen -- does anyone remember with whom? or how to contact her? she seems to have dropped off the Forum.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NewPark wrote: »
    http://www.comedy.co.uk/guide/tv/doc_martin/

hadn't seen this before. Money quote (for me):

"The acting within the series is unquestionably brilliant however one fault is that the characters appear to be flexible in their personalities and reactions to situations. This may be due to the fact that the programme is written by a team of writers, rather than the traditional single writer."

I think we've figured this out already.:)

Hey! When was that written I think they've plagurised one of my posts. :cool::cool::cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The great re-watch this weekend try and make time to see

Series 3 episode 5 - Holly Bears a Prickle

Written and Directed by Ben Bolt

Martin and Louisa almost succeed in having a disaster-free date when they attend a outdoor concert together. They kiss but Martin is at his awkward best and ruins the moment. When they arrive back in Portwenn, Louisa announces that there is no possible hope for them as a couple and tells Martin that she will no longer see him. When a visiting friend suffers a serious injury, Martin comes to the rescue and he and Louisa find themselves going in yet another direction. Pauline's addiction to gambling becomes apparent and she is in dire need of assistance.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NewPark wrote: »
    Did anyone else notice DM's rather gentle tone of voice when he was treating Al: "Are you on drugs, Al? are you sure?"

Yes he really likes Al. He is consistently nice and thoughtful when it comes to AL. i like Al too. Hate his t-shirts though. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazingly they have just started showing Doc Martin France on TV in Australia. It is in french with subtitles. It is not exactly the same as DM the original. There is a mayor. LG isn't as attractive. Their DM is pretty good - not too unbelievably attractive. The rest of the cast are normal too which is nice.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazingly they have just started showing Doc Martin France on TV in Australia. It is in french with subtitles. It is not exactly the same as DM the original. There is a mayor. LG isn't as attractive. She didn't have here eye seen to and she's not friendly towards DM. Their DM is pretty good - not too unbelievably attractive. The rest of the cast are normal too which is nice.

They started the show in a train on the way to the village (not called Portwenn but Port-Garrec). DM drives a tiny little baby renault with one white door. Not a lexus or even close. . They ran him off the road but not into a ditch. AJ's house is a beautiful stone mansion with stone out buildings. Gorgeous. She's working on a tractor - fixing it!! She's not chubby at all.
    Doc Martin Le Foll
    BL called Al a "prick"!
    There is a lot of heavy duty swearing.
    There is no buddha.
    DM smiled when talking to a patient :eek:
    He discusses his patients with Elaine.
    There is a pub which DM goes into which is run by Roger's equivalent.
    There are three men with breasts. So the SCHOOL PRINCIPAL got around more than the Major's wife!

It is all very strange watching it and knowing the original. The acting isn't as good or as believable. The scenery is beautiful. Not quite as nice as Portwenn. I think I will keep watching it, probably.

DM ends the show (after the credits) by saying "good day to you". Very odd. Not like our DM.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He could read the phone book and that would be perfectly fine by me....;)

He COULD check out the washing instructions on the label of my nightie; in his professional capacity, of course; I have sensitive skin and might have mis-read them

;)
  • mmDerdekeammDerdekea Posts: 1,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marchrand wrote: »
    All right, let's keep this thing going. MmDerdekea, don't you mean I'd rather listen to him read me a story IN bed, than sing to me! We all know each other around here pret-tee well!!!

Yes, if he's dressed like DM! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 340
    Forum Member
    cc.cookie wrote: »
    Yes he really likes Al. He is consistently nice and thoughtful when it comes to AL. i like Al too. Hate his t-shirts though. :)

I suspect it is because Al is not a fool as are most of theother villagers - recall even at their first meeting Al came up with the literary reference of going bodmin. He has proved himself to be someone that can be relied on - he is the helper for others in the village - his Dad, Louisa, Mark, Pauline and ultimately Doc at AJ funeral and with AR. A sane voice in the sea of wacky villagers
This discussion has been closed.