Bodyshock - My tattoo Hell

Comments

• CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Felt the same pleasure at seeing the girls sorted and confident.

I finally got coerced to pierce my ears when I was twenty one.

I've just got the one piercing in the normal place in each ear. My mother was 65 when she got hers done.

My daughter has been offered the ear piercing at the beginning of every summer holiday since she was thirteen.

For some reason it never happens - she's nineteen this year.

I think she's a total wuss and I'm inordinately grateful.

Bless. I bet you are. Part of the reason I haven't got it is from being a bit of a wuss :p I just never really wanted them to be honest.
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Nasser is gorgeous!
  • macavity77macavity77 Posts: 404
    Forum Member
    What a horrific program. Perhaps should have been entitled 'From lug holes to plug holes'. Some parts I just couldn't watch and I felt that some of the individuals really needed psychological help rather than a TV program.

I am afraid I did raise a smile though at the youth who had a tat of a pop singer i'd never heard of and it looked like Justin Bieber! Was awful though seeing the dreadful laser burns after its removal.

I simply couldn't believe the beautician with all those modifications. Crikey if I went to her salon for a treatment and she appeared I think I would run a mile.:o Can't believe that she let herself in for a painful and damaging surgical procedure in the backroom of a high street shop whilst surrounded by a bunch of blokes in Death Metal T-shirts.

What more can I say? That daft bint with the high heels deserves bunions.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How is it her fault someone ripped her earring out? Just because she made a fashion choice that an idiot doesn't agree with doesn't give them the right to assault & disfigure her.
    There are parts of the world that stretched ears lips ect are part of their culture & the norm.
    No wonder people go to these extremes in the UK. It's all about uniforms & removing peoples individuality. I can understand why people do these things to their body. Because if it's permanent on their skin no one can remove it or take it from them. I think if people were allowed to express themselves more at school work in their clothing. They wouldn't go OTT. At the end of the day it's peoples choice if they do something others don't like. Tattoos & piercings don't physically stop people working. Society has to realise that. And not just go it's wrong because it's not the norm or because they don't like it.
    At least this one features 'socially acceptable' modifications like hair extension. and shows how the can go wrong.
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    macavity77 wrote: »
    I felt that some of the individuals really needed psychological help rather than a TV program.
    It seems as if people do it for the same reason that others mutilate their arms with razor blades - only it's far more expensive.
  • China GirlChina Girl Posts: 2,755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They want all this done to stand out from the crowd?
    The way things are going, in the future it will be those without any of this that will stand out from the crowd.
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How on earth did that gormless bimbo with the massive pout trout and the high heel addiction get to become a doctor? What a state her face is in. You would think she has more sense than getting chemicals injected into her feet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    granted08 wrote: »
    Dimple girl...why? Jodie and attention tattoos, not all the attention is going to be positive. She's just changing her body to shock people.

Those dimples looked awful. She's mad.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    Those dimples looked awful. She's mad.

She didn't look very happy with them either. Sounded like she was trying to convince herself they would look better when they healed.
  • The22ndRachelThe22ndRachel Posts: 652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She didn't look very happy with them either. Sounded like she was trying to convince herself they would look better when they healed.

I know, wish they'd shown her a few weeks on to see how they looked then.
    You could tell she wasn't happy, though it's her own fault, as she said 'very deep'
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I recorded the repeat and only managed about ten minutes of it, including fast forwarding. Why didn't they simply call it "Britain's Most Stupid People"? The girl who wanted that dimple operation should have been urgently referred for psychiatric help and the person who performed the operation should have been prosecuted.

I felt physically sick at watching this sad freak show and whoever commissioned it should be ashamed of themselves.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barbeler wrote: »
    I recorded the repeat and only managed about ten minutes of it, including fast forwarding. Why didn't they simply call it "Britain's Most Stupid People"? The girl who wanted that dimple operation should have been urgently referred for psychiatric help and the person who performed the operation should have been prosecuted.

I felt physically sick at watching this sad freak show and whoever commissioned it should be ashamed of themselves.

I think you're being quite nasty actually and it's not necessary. Yes the two that had operations shouldn't have had them but there's no need for such harsh comments really. Its comments like these that make woman struggle with their own beauty and wishing they were pretty, slimmer etc.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CrazyLoop wrote: »
    I think you're being quite nasty actually and it's not necessary. Yes the two that had operations shouldn't have had them but there's no need for such harsh comments really. Its comments like these that make woman struggle with their own beauty and wishing they were pretty, slimmer etc.
    With due respect... that's absolute rubbish. The person who agreed to perform that procedure is entirely culpable. He should have refused outright and referred her to a counsellor. It's just totally immoral for somebody like that to take money from somebody who is so obviously in need of psychiatric help.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barbeler wrote: »
    With due respect... that's absolute rubbish. The person who agreed to perform that procedure is entirely culpable. He should have refused outright and referred her to a counsellor. It's just totally immoral for somebody like that to take money from somebody who is so obviously in need of psychiatric help.
    Perhaps she did need psychiatric help, we don't know. But the surgeon was just doing his job although I was shocked at the result (as I think a lot of people were). They can only inform them of the risks and whatnot. I suppose if they do have genuine concerns about someone's mental health, then they'll get them assessed. Least they do on the NHS aswell and I would hope it's the same for private.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These surgeons are just in it for the money and to me that doesn't sound right. If they didn't do these ops people wouldn't have such ridiculous things done in the name of vanity. I am quite surprised that a medical board is not looking into this.

It's the same with gastric bands and gastric bypass ops. It is becoming evident that more and more people are experiencing problems after these ops, a few years down the line. People are also gaining weight so in many cases it's a waste of time and money. Only the surgeons are doing well out of it.
  • 777Eilidh777Eilidh Posts: 603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    These surgeons are just in it for the money and to me that doesn't sound right. If they didn't do these ops people wouldn't have such ridiculous things done in the name of vanity. I am quite surprised that a medical board is not looking into this.

It's the same with gastric bands and gastric bypass ops. It is becoming evident that more and more people are experiencing problems after these ops, a few years down the line. People are also gaining weight so in many cases it's a waste of time and money. Only the surgeons are doing well out of it.

This girls cheeks were so lovely before the op but she now looks like a freak (to me any way) I wonder if the surgeon was laughing like a hyena for the rest of the day. He surely couldn't have looked at the dimples and thought "Now they look nice"
  • TrebleKingTrebleKing Posts: 2,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How on earth did that gormless bimbo with the massive pout trout and the high heel addiction get to become a doctor? What a state her face is in. You would think she has more sense than getting chemicals injected into her feet.

Lol lmfao.....:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    777Eilidh wrote: »
    This girls cheeks were so lovely before the op but she now looks like a freak (to me any way) I wonder if the surgeon was laughing like a hyena for the rest of the day. He surely couldn't have looked at the dimples and thought "Now they look nice"

I think part of the problem is natural dimples aren't round indentations. The girl mentioned wanting to look like Cheryl Cole. But her dimples appear long and thin or at least nothing like the girl ended up with. What she was left with looked like cheek piercings.
    I think you're right the surgeon didn't care whether or not the end result would look nice or if it would suit her face. Also I'm a bit confused how the little he did cost so much.
  • jerseyporterjerseyporter Posts: 2,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Felt the same pleasure at seeing the girls sorted and confident.

I finally got coerced to pierce my ears when I was twenty one.

I've just got the one piercing in the normal place in each ear. My mother was 65 when she got hers done.

My daughter has been offered the ear piercing at the beginning of every summer holiday since she was thirteen.

For some reason it never happens - she's nineteen this year.

I think she's a total wuss and I'm inordinately grateful.

Same here, my eldest is now 19 and she has no interest in getting her ears pierced. My youngest, however, at the age of nearly 16, has 3 piercings in each earlobe - but then, I can't complain because I do too! But that is as far as I go - I've never wanted a tattoo, or any kind of upper cartilage piercing! My youngest would like an upper cartilage piercing, but certainly no stamping out of holes or anything like that!

It was an interesting programme, and not always in a good way! Completely coincidentally, I'm currently teaching a GCSE English course which includes my students having to write the script for a podcast on any topic that interests them, and two of them have chosen a) piercings (she has quite a few in her ears in all sorts of places) and b) tattoos (this student hasn't got one yet, but wants one this summer). Let's just say I've learned loads I didn't know before, especially about piercing and stretching! I see the results every day - it's an F.E. college where 16-19 year olds are studying for vocational courses, but have to re-take their English and Maths GCSEs until they pass - so we have students who have made the most of the lack of rules about piercings and tattoss that are prevalent in most secondary schools, and I am really quite naive about it all, despite my 46 years and triple-pierced ears!

Someone said they found Katie Piper 'judgemental', but I found her very restrained considering her own history - she could easily have made it all about her and related their experiences to her own, for good or for bad, but basically let all the subjects speak for themselves. I think, inside, she probably felt as if some of the subjects didn't know how lucky, and stupid, they were but she never said so. Considering what she's been through (and it's horrific if you read Judgemental isn't an adjective I would apply to Katie Piper, but maybe I'm missing something?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How is it her fault someone ripped her earring out? Just because she made a fashion choice that an idiot doesn't agree with doesn't give them the right to assault & disfigure her.
    There are parts of the world that stretched ears lips ect are part of their culture & the norm.
    No wonder people go to these extremes in the UK. It's all about uniforms & removing peoples individuality. I can understand why people do these things to their body. Because if it's permanent on their skin no one can remove it or take it from them. I think if people were allowed to express themselves more at school work in their clothing. They wouldn't go OTT. At the end of the day it's peoples choice if they do something others don't like. Tattoos & piercings don't physically stop people working. Society has to realise that. And not just go it's wrong because it's not the norm or because they don't like it.
    At least this one features 'socially acceptable' modifications like hair extension. and shows how the can go wrong.

So what gave you the impression a Caucasian English woman had the same cultural standards to abide by as a Fulani tribe member from Nigeria?

Are you aware of the term cultural appropriation?

Just because you can wear a Native American headdress, bindi and get stretched lobes doesn't mean you should. Just because you can dress up like other cultures doesn't mean you should. It is insulting to them if you don't abide by the same faith and traditions to co-opt their way of life on a superficial and self serving basis. Culture wars between the Catholic and Protestant faiths in Ireland have persisted over far less contrasting beliefs.

People have the freedom to wear what they want when they want outside of professional constraints and in their own homes. If people want to adapt certain cultural practices without considering the consequences, they are either short sighted or ignorant. To think "I have a 1 and a quarter inch hole in my ear, that won't ever catch on anything ever" is just silly.
    Forum Member
    So what gave you the impression a Caucasian English woman had the same cultural standards to abide by as a Fulani tribe member from Nigeria?

Are you aware of the term cultural appropriation?

Just because you can wear a Native American headdress, bindi and get stretched lobes doesn't mean you should. Just because you can dress up like other cultures doesn't mean you should. It is insulting to them if you don't abide by the same faith and traditions to co-opt their way of life on a superficial and self serving basis. Culture wars between the Catholic and Protestant faiths in Ireland have persisted over far less contrasting beliefs.

People have the freedom to wear what they want when they want outside of professional constraints and in their own homes. If people want to adapt certain cultural practices without considering the consequences, they are either short sighted or ignorant. To think "I have a 1 and a quarter inch hole in my ear, that won't ever catch on anything ever" is just silly.

What? :confused:
  • treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just change your name to Barry.

Problem solved.
    Forum Member
    Idiot girl - wear a higher pair of bikini pants!
    Forum Member
    Haha, bloke with the big holes in his ears, he said when he's on a bus people won't sit near him.

I genuinely thought he was going to say that people grab his ears as hanging straps!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Idiot girl - wear a higher pair of bikini pants!

but that would spoil the view ;-):D:D