Thank you Marlon!

2»

Comments

• Options
    evangeline007evangeline007 Posts: 2,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lozzo99 wrote: »
    Okay most of what you say I could easily counter by giving various examples of his selfishness, female degradation, sneakiness, and so on.
    The last bit of what you say, about the button pressing, is where your argument really fails though. I know its a game but he did make a point of asking them if they would press, and they all said "no". Then he presses himself... This told them he either thinks they are all LIARS, or they are all MUGS. His trust within the house was finished right there and then.

You are also wrong about them all contributing to failing the task. It was made clear that if the button was pressed the task would automatically fail, no matter how much battery power was left, as long as there was at least some. Therefore even if none of them had used any power at all and kept it at 100%, Marlon would STILL have made the task fail when he pressed the button. It was entirely his fault.
    I do not know if the power was still at 100% the task would have failed? However the task showed the housemates to be selfish, for they all said yes knowing they would drain the power, thinking and knowing the consequences would be a fail.. they went before, they were selfish and Marlon just acted in accords. Not one said no they were slow to resist. Hypocrites.
    Female degradation, Ash and Winston have said rude sexist comments about women at least Marlon owned up to it and did not judge them as they have been quick to judge him.
  • Options
    radiofreeradiofree Posts: 7,316
    Forum Member
    sheils1 wrote: »
    After him pushing the button we all knew he would be evicted last night. Totally unfair of BB.

I'm not sure it's BB's fault. He was the architect of his own misfortune. A smarter person would have realised that the button was a poisoned chalice -- saved for a week but certain eviction to follow.
  • Options
    wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    radiofree wrote: »
    I'm not sure it's BB's fault. He was the architect of his own misfortune. A smarter person would have realised that the button was a poisoned chalice -- saved for a week but certain eviction to follow.

This leads to a question. If Jale had pressed, she would just be on another break from her killer nom. This week she' d have been back up again. How would that then have sat last night as a nom score against the other HMs?
  • Options
    ccosmicloveccosmiclove Posts: 505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Okay most of what you say I could easily counter by giving various examples of his selfishness, female degradation, sneakiness, and so on.
    The last bit of what you say, about the button pressing, is where your argument really fails though. I know its a game but he did make a point of asking them if they would press, and they all said "no". Then he presses himself... This told them he either thinks they are all LIARS, or they are all MUGS. His trust within the house was finished right there and then.

You are also wrong about them all contributing to failing the task. It was made clear that if the button was pressed the task would automatically fail, no matter how much battery power was left, as long as there was at least some. Therefore even if none of them had used any power at all and kept it at 100%, Marlon would STILL have made the task fail when he pressed the button. It was entirely his fault.

Omg exactly! Why did people miss this so much?????
    Although I do still think they were all a bit selfish, at least they gave up their possessions! :)

I think Marlon had a lot of growing up to do in the house and he came across so childish. Kids can be loyal and stick with their friends but they can also be sulky little exhibitionist lambs.
  • Options
    Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Omg exactly! Why did people miss this so much?????
    Although I do still think they were all a bit selfish, at least they gave up their possessions! :)

I think Marlon had a lot of growing up to do in the house and he came across so childish. Kids can be loyal and stick with their friends but they can also be sulky little exhibitionist lambs.

Why do think that people have missed it, when it clearly stated during the highlights show?

Everyone knows the circumstances, but what they're saying is that, although Marlon put the nail in the coffin, so to speak, it was also down to the others (except Chris) that the task failed too.

They can't adopt a moral high ground when they too contributed to the failure of the task.

No-one is excusing Marlon & we all know he was selfish, but they all were, so why was he cut dead by his supposed mates?

The way Winston reacted, you'd have thought that Marlon had murdered his mother.:o

A totally OTT reaction & it makes you wonder why Marlon thinks so highly of a guy who would cut him dead for making a trivial (in the grand scheme of things) mistake like that.

Marlon doesn't need so-called mates like Winston, that's for sure.
  • Options
    ccosmicloveccosmiclove Posts: 505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why do think that people have missed it, when it clearly stated during the highlights show?

Everyone knows the circumstances, but what they're saying is that, although Marlon put the nail in the coffin, so to speak, it was also down to the others (except Chris) that the task failed too.

They can't adopt a moral high ground when they too contributed to the failure of the task.

No-one is excusing Marlon & we all know he was selfish, but they all were, so why was he cut dead by his supposed mates?

The way Winston reacted, you'd have thought that Marlon had murdered his mother.:o

A totally OTT reaction & it makes you wonder why Marlon thinks so highly of a guy who would cut him dead for making a trivial (in the grand scheme of things) mistake like that.

Marlon doesn't need so-called mates like Winston, that's for sure.

You make good points. I think he was cut dead because he was the one who made that last push to fail. If he simply didn't press button, they would've passed but omg it's just a button now haha it's getting so trivial. I don't really care for it anyway. I always judge Marlon on his characteristics and actions.

I think the type of fallout they had was WInston got annoyed/angry and told him off for it but they didn't know how to fix it afterwards. They could've had a chat and I think they did but the spark of friendship just wasn't there anymore I guess after leaving it.
  • Options
    Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    You see, I really don't see this at all. It's a massive assumption to make and in my opinion a totally wrong one. Can you imagine if Chris or Christopher had pressed it? They would certainly be looking at total ostracization from the whole house with absolutely no hope of redemption. Jale would get it even worse -"Pauline was right all along", "told you she was a slug", etc... leaving her to cry alone again in the garden like week one.
    Ashleigh pressing it doesn't even bear thinking about - "what an absolute bitch", "true colours", and so on, a gloating Helen and her cronies would have had a field day, and even Danielle would ditch her like a pile of poo.

No, if you really think about it, Marlon got off lightly compared to what the others would have had to put up with.

I was actually widening the scope to include the whole house - it was kind of hypothetical.

What If Steven, Ash or Winston had pressed it?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He always held on to his dignity.
  • Options
    Nocturnal MumNocturnal Mum Posts: 1,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark and Winston showed themselves up a bit there, vilifying Marlon like that.
    I'm glad that now he's out he'll see that Ash didn't nominate him.