Cilla Black Turned Down Judge Role on XFactor

Fiery PhoenixFiery Phoenix Posts: 303
Forum Member
Just reading The Sun's news app so it will probably be in tomorrows paper. Jist is that our friend Cilla states she turned it down because, get this, she is just too nice.

Comments

• Lily WhiteLily White Posts: 238
    Forum Member
    I've never heard her be nasty to any contestant of Blind Date, Surprise Surprise or anything else she's been on.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think there's quite a few out there that would highly disagree that have been on the receiving end of her nastiness/rudeness. If she has been rude to them, that is.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lily White wrote: »
    I've never heard her be nasty to any contestant of Blind Date, Surprise Surprise or anything else she's been on.

I think the first poster would have meant to people that she's dealth with away from her job.
  • Lily WhiteLily White Posts: 238
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote: »
    I think the first poster would have meant to people that she's dealth with away from her job.

Ah I see. Why would she be asked though, if she's difficult to work with?
  • blueface2222blueface2222 Posts: 3,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am pretty sure she must have turned down BGT not XF. She'd be more suited to that. I guess they wanted her instead of Louis!?
  • ellesworthellesworth Posts: 919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hahahahahahahahahahaha!

Might it be because she would be expected to be nice when the cameras are on even when she's getting her slap on? Or am I being too cynical about this?
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just reading The Sun's news app so it will probably be in tomorrows paper. Jist is that our friend Cilla states she turned it down because, get this, she is just too nice.

She said it in a Radio Times interview, not sure I believe her. Thought it would be a puff piece for the ITV biopic but interviewer not uncritical of her, she doesn't come across as very likeable even in her own words.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah I see. Why would she be asked though, if she's difficult to work with?

No, I think the first poster meant that Cilla is rude/nasty to 'ordinary' people away from her job and is then nice to those in the showbiz world.
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

She was sometimes subtly but detectably vicious on the Blind Date sofa to contestants the wind of audience opinion was clearly playing strongly against, usually objectionable male halves of the date.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am pretty sure she must have turned down BGT not XF.

Possibly, as I recall reading that her pal Paul O'Grady was originally meant to be the presenter of BGT. I don't mind him on his own but imagine the two of them on that show together. Ugh, the brown-nosing!
  • Sweaty Job RotSweaty Job Rot Posts: 2,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Did she really?

I'll bet that's news to Cowell, not calling her a liar BUT she has been known to tell porkies in interviews.
  • LenitiveLenitive Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this not just double-whammy advertising for two ITV shows - her biopic and X Factor?

That said, I think she'd be a good judge... if entertainingly car-crash TV is what you're after instead of vocal wisdom.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    I've never seen her be nasty to anyone = I've seen her many times surrounded by people, late at night and freezing cold, wanting autographs and photos etc, and she has been lovely to each and every person night after night. She always said 'God bless' and checked to make sure that she hadn't 'missed anyone' before getting in her car. I think she seems to be genuinely a kind person.
  • davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There was a similar article in the DM's Weekend magazine where she said someone had told her she would be good on X-Factor but she said she would be far too nice to everyone.

She also admits she is a diva but claimed she wishes she could be more of a diva like Shilry Bassey and wished that people would kiss her feet like they do with SB.
  • dumpty2dumpty2 Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    Cilla is lovely to everyone.

(When the cameras are rolling)

Ps.Just noticed we've got a smiley for any Cilla thread :D
  • droogiefretdroogiefret Posts: 24,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I imagine Cowell employs headhunters who draw up short lists for him. They probably approach prospective candidates to gauge their interest before offering the lists to Simon. My guess is an agency asked her if she'd be interested in being listed and she said no.
    Forum Member
    Lenitive wrote: »
    Is this not just double-whammy advertising for two ITV shows - her biopic and X Factor?

That said, I think she'd be a good judge... if entertainingly car-crash TV is what you're after instead of vocal wisdom.
    Well, I think that as far as 'vocal wisdom' goes she would have a fair bit of wisdom - she had a lot of succuss with her singing - I THINK she still holds the record for the best selling female British release. She did have a lot of hits with here singing. She was also very successful in Australia and I know that Elvis had her recording of 'You're my World' on his personal juke box at Graceland in America. I think she would have a lot of wisdom to give out.
    Forum Member
    dumpty2 wrote: »
    Cilla is lovely to everyone.

(When the cameras are rolling)

Ps.Just noticed we've got a smiley for any Cilla thread :D

Have you ever seen her with people when the cameras are not rolling? Do you have anything at all to base your comments on?
    Forum Member
    There was a similar article in the DM's Weekend magazine where she said someone had told her she would be good on X-Factor but she said she would be far too nice to everyone.

She also admits she is a diva but claimed she wishes she could be more of a diva like Shilry Bassey and wished that people would kiss her feet like they do with SB.
    I
    Did she actually say 'kiss her feet like they do with SB'?
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aw bless- she's a bit deluded, 't auld lass.
  • dumpty2dumpty2 Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    sydneyseas wrote: »
    Have you ever seen her with people when the cameras are not rolling? Do you have anything at all to base your comments on?

No smoke without fire etc etc.

Cabin crew forums,members of the public etc etc.
  • davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I

Yes, I would link the article but you need to register and it's embarrassing enough having the buy the Daily Mail (which I only do on Saturdays for the Weekend mag)

Quote from the piece by Jenny Johnston

She doesn't bat away questions about her being a diva but rather says she isn't enough of one. "I try to be. One of my idols is Shirley Bassey. I was doing a radio interview once and I said I wished people would kiss my feet like they do with her. They look up to people like her and Joan Collins. The're more likely to give me a slap on the back and say "Hi, Cilla, how's it going?" But they wouldn't dream f doing that to Shirley or Joan".
  • DavidTDavidT Posts: 20,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I

Five posts in 4 years, all to praise Cilla?
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never seen her be nasty to anyone = I've seen her many times surrounded by people, late at night and freezing cold, wanting autographs and photos etc, and she has been lovely to each and every person night after night. She always said 'God bless' and checked to make sure that she hadn't 'missed anyone' before getting in her car. I think she seems to be genuinely a kind person.

Welcome to the forum Cilla. :p
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, I would link the article but you need to register and it's embarrassing enough having the buy the Daily Mail (which I only do on Saturdays for the Weekend mag)

[/I]

I do the same...must be a Leeds thing, lol!