heroes reborn us pace (spoilers)

Comments

• LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    I've not started on this yet, but am still reading the thread.

So, can someone explain how Claire's death was explained/justified?

How do you kill someone who is immortal and indestructible?

She died in childbirth. One of her twins. The male, his power was the ability to take others Evo powers. So he stole Clare's power which meant she couldn't heal herself.

He then stole Hiro's power as a handy plot device but managed not to steal the powers of any other Evo he's ever encountered.

Just the ones that were necessary for the plot.

I still think if they manage to get Hayden back for a guest spot next series (if it gets a second) then this will be explained away somehow. But not explained enough to tell us why Hiro didn't get his powers back.
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^isn't the Male kid's ability that of STEALING an Evo's power, rather than borrowing it. So once Hiro had it taken from him, it was gone for good.

btw: re: last ep - no body = not dead in my eyes.
  • ArtfulDodger81ArtfulDodger81 Posts: 965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was the latest episode only 20mins long?
  • ArtfulDodger81ArtfulDodger81 Posts: 965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ignore above message found the full stream
  • R82n8R82n8 Posts: 3,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • F1etchF1etch Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The impression I got was that his power is more like Arthur's power where he takes them from you. Unlike Peter who after getting his powers back from the serum could only use the power of the person he touch last but didn't take the power from them. He "borrowed" if you want while not affecting the host.ehich is how he would chop and change powers throughout season 4 but most of the time was using that kids healing power as a paramedic.
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So at the end of last episode they showed Erica needing a stick to walk yet this episode she never used it at all.

I thought the scene where the shapeshifter was pretending to be Erica would have played out with the daughter knowing it wasn't Erica due to the shifter walking without a stick.

Lack of continuity or are we seeing two different timelines in play?

Speaking of time bit of a surprise to see when that character was at the end of the episode.
  • Captain StableCaptain Stable Posts: 2,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lyceum wrote: »
    He then stole Hiro's power as a handy plot device but managed not to steal the powers of any other Evo he's ever encountered.

I thought the powers were transferred through skin-to-skin contact. Hence stealing her powers during childbirth. Though we didn't see the Hiro one, we can assume they didn't know about the power thing until AFTER Hiro had stroked the childs cheek (for example), and lost his powers. Once they realised, Mrs. Petrelli screamed to keep the twins apart.
  • Captain StableCaptain Stable Posts: 2,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    Speaking of time bit of a surprise to see when that character was at the end of the episode.

Shame he was credited at the start of the episode, so I was waiting for him to show up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shame he was credited at the start of the episode, so I was waiting for him to show up.

I was on about
    Katana girl being 1000's of years in the future.
  • F1etchF1etch Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was there something we were supposed to notice in the end or was it all about that "heroes head turn" camera shot?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    F1etch wrote: »
    Was there something we were supposed to notice in the end or was it all about that "heroes head turn" camera shot?

Well there was a building.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the powers were transferred through skin-to-skin contact. Hence stealing her powers during childbirth. Though we didn't see the Hiro one, we can assume they didn't know about the power thing until AFTER Hiro had stroked the childs cheek (for example), and lost his powers. Once they realised, Mrs. Petrelli screamed to keep the twins apart.

You'd assume so wouldn't you but he didn't take Angel'a powers when she held him in the hospital. Just Hiro's.

He didn't take Molly's or the penny guys. He didn't take the powers of any other evo he's encountered in his ENTIRE life.

Just those needed to help the plot.

I've still not worked out why Angela decided his power was stealing powers because he was a Patrelli. When the Petrelli he's descended from (Nathan) had the power of flight (and if I remember correctly he was given that artificially and wasn't born with it like Peter) and the only Patrelli with the power to take other powers was Peter but wasn't as if it ran in the family and they all had it.

Also don't get why HRG didn't just shoot beardy bloke's sister. There was no way he was going to shoot Nathan a his entire mission was to bring him back to renatas. And he's spent a year looking for him . He had been well and truly brain washed by them.

So HRG should have just called his bluff and shot his sister then Nathan could have blinked him to the middle of nowhere.
  • Alien28Alien28 Posts: 1,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lyceum wrote: »
    You'd assume so wouldn't you but he didn't take Angel'a powers when she held him in the hospital. Just Hiro's.

He didn't take Molly's or the penny guys. He didn't take the powers of any other evo he's encountered in his ENTIRE life.

Just those needed to help the plot.

I've still not worked out why Angela decided his power was stealing powers because he was a Patrelli. When the Petrelli he's descended from (Nathan) had the power of flight (and if I remember correctly he was given that artificially and wasn't born with it like Peter) and the only Patrelli with the power to take other powers was Peter but wasn't as if it ran in the family and they all had it.

Also don't get why HRG didn't just shoot beardy bloke's sister. There was no way he was going to shoot Nathan a his entire mission was to bring him back to renatas. And he's spent a year looking for him . He had been well and truly brain washed by them.

So HRG should have just called his bluff and shot his sister then Nathan could have blinked him to the middle of nowhere.

BIB - Don't forget Peter's dad, who had the exact power to take people's powers on contact.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alien28 wrote: »
    BIB - Don't forget Peter's dad, who had the exact power to take people's powers on contact.

Thanks. I knew his dad had a power but couldn't remember what it was.

The baby though is the grandchild of Nathan. Not Peter and if I remember correctly it was revealed Nathan was given his powers and wasn't born with them like Peter. So technically the babies grandfather wasn't an evo and we don't know who their father is yet.

I just thought it was a great conclusion jump, I still do. Why couldn't it have been the female who took people's powers? Unless of course it's later explained that all the males in the Patrelli line have had that power. Just not Nathan, you know the Patrelli the babies are descended from.

It's details like this that make the show so flawed.

And then of course there's the fact he's gone his entire life living in Evo central 'Odessa' and never taken another evo's power.

And in the ice cream shop when he moves Luke's arm so he doesn't kill Joanne. Why did he not take his power?

Yet Angela wouldn't let him near his sister in case he took her power.

Details!

All they had to do was throw in a line about Hiro teaching him to control his ability and him learning not to swipe everyone's powers.
  • Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    Corwin wrote: »
    So at the end of last episode they showed Erica needing a stick to walk yet this episode she never used it at all.

Lack of continuity or are we seeing two different timelines in play?
    The plot thickens...
  • amos_brearleyamos_brearley Posts: 8,496
    Forum Member
    The two part jump into the past did somewhat make me lose interest in the present day storylines I have to say! I'm also still not entirely sure where it's all heading, why Rene is back (another butterfly?) and how Matt Parkman can be such a horrible (and hypocritical) guy now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The two part jump into the past did somewhat make me lose interest in the present day storylines I have to say! I'm also still not entirely sure where it's all heading, why Rene is back (another butterfly?) and how Matt Parkman can be such a horrible (and hypocritical) guy now.

I can only assumed they brainwashed him in the same way they did beardy blokes sister.

While Parkman was one of those characters I struggled to care about first time around one thing he was was a good guy. And now we're supposed to believe he's happy to kill whoever he feels like and doesn't mind brainwashing kids.

So I think we're meant to assume he's been brainwashed.
  • PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,427
    Forum Member
    Finally caught up on the last three episodes and I feel like since the June 13th episodes it really has taken such a huge leap into the right direction. It feels like the old Heroes again and all the reveals, twists and characters coming together have worked perfectly for me (minus the plot holes with the time travelling.. But that happens in every show that does this).

Nice to see the old characters return.. Minus Parkman, always hated his character and can't stand him even more now he is 'bad'. Hoping for a Mika return next episode.

Oh and also with the whole Claire dying thing, it is obvious that if this show comes back for a second season and if Hayden wants to return then they will bring her character back. She's obviously dead for now though.
  • Logan FiveLogan Five Posts: 627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good episode. Was surprised at the 'end' - wonder where it's going to lead. :)
  • PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,427
    Forum Member
    Excited to see what happens next. Heroes was always the best at doing cliffhangers.

Really annoyed we don't get the final three episodes until next year though, Isn't the whole point of a mini series to air it all in one go? NBC could so easily fit in the last three episodes this year.
  • Alien28Alien28 Posts: 1,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

BIB - Based on what we saw in his scene with Micha, I assume he's under the impression it's the best way to save the human race, and more specfically, his wife and kid. Inceidentally, last time Hiro lost his powers Baby Matt Parkman started them up again IIRC, knowing this, why didn't Hiro that was stuck in the past with baby Nathan, find baby matt parkman and get him to restart his powers again!?
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    It's a shame (about the cancellation) but I'm not remotely surprised. The show had a slow start, and that virtual reality bullshit probably didn't help. In hindsight they probably should have never let it rise again. The guy behind it wasn't seemingly capable of telling a decent story at the end of the parents show, so they let him have another crack at it and surprise, he failed again.