Pick get the UK rights to Z Nation

Comments

• swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    He bit them and put them under his control like Cassandra.

I did think that might be the case but they weren't talking in that half-zombie way that Cassandra was.......
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    swingaleg wrote: »
    I did think that might be the case but they weren't talking in that half-zombie way that Cassandra was.......

Cassandra was dead (well almost) when Murphy bit her, these two weren't.

Been a while since I saw the scene but IIRC they are made up to look slightly different to how they were before being bitten.
  • Doctor_WibbleDoctor_Wibble Posts: 26,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ... Why did the couple take the baby ?

Murphy said something like 'just one more thing' then we cut away then we went back and they were cooing over the baby......:confused:

The bit you missed was spotting the bite-marks on their cheeks*, which seems to be the badge of the "Murphy Squad"...

* right, upper - add a ;) or :p - with apologies to IIRC Pete&Dud as Derek&Clive (notwithstanding my own limits wrt memory and that's from the repeats, I don't think I ever saw the original showing...)
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some serious head-bashing, but "Holy acid flashback, man!" :D

I just knew that bus would be full of zombies even before all the Lincoln lookalikes started moving
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    Cassandra was dead (well almost) when Murphy bit her, these two weren't.

Been a while since I saw the scene but IIRC they are made up to look slightly different to how they were before being bitten.

They both had a bitemark on their cheek.

It's a bit of a shitty thing for Murphy to do really, I mean why not bite them on a part of their body which isn't visible?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ... I mean why not bite them on a part of their body which isn't visible?
    Apart from the :eek: ;) factor :p it is the visible 'this happened' marker that we were meant to see, which reminds me - that lady in the optometrics(?) section where they did the stitching, I don't suppose anyone noticed if her eyes were watching from a jar on a shelf in the background somewhere...?
  • TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    Some serious head-bashing, but "Holy acid flashback, man!" :D

that was a brilliant line :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    that was a brilliant line :D

Every episode is a one-liner contest between Doc and Murphy
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ... that lady in the optometrics(?) section ...
    I just had a look and I think my gender recognition capability may have fallen foul of my lack of attention to detail :blush: and whilst a Z is a Z is a Z, this was inexcusable but in my defence those hospital gowns make things very confusing plus I was a little thrown by the dramatic counterpoint of the Snow White scene in the forest with all those cute cuddly animals...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Homage to Butch Cassidy.......

all round good episode !
  • StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Homage to Butch Cassidy.......

all round good episode !

Starts with a nod to Apocalypse Now, Ends with a homage to Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid with a tip of the hat to Deliverance and even an obscure wink to Dracula (Renfield - the name 10K was using - is the character in the insane asylum that eats flies)

The shooting of the hangman's ropes is from another film or TV series too....

Surprised there weren't any Showboat references given the location - though its been years since I've seen that film so maybe there were & I missed them.

Totally loved it :D
  • montyburns56montyburns56 Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Judging from scene on the boat the gang seem to be suffering from the same myopia that The Walking Dead characters tend to suffer from where they can only see a group of zombies when they are about five metres away. And it's weird how they suddenly seem to become unable to kill zombies when it suits the plot.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And it's weird how they suddenly seem to become unable to kill zombies when it suits the plot.
    Yes it did seem a bit off but then I think they couldn't reach enough of them quickly enough. A flood hidden by the river, there's another metaphor in there somewhere!

I sort of agree with the 'how did they not see that lot' question though maybe they weren't moving much and spotting the green-grey greasy blobs in a grey-green greasy river might not be so easy. Or something. But it seem to be upon them and then over surprisingly quickly - then again since it wasn't the main story of the episode we are probably supposed to let it slide...
    Or maybe they had all sunk and didn't reach the surface until enough had tried to climb over each other when they heard the boat?

Also, I was thinking 10K had moved on a bit quick, and half expected the girl to join them, I really should learn to stop letting other shows influence my expectations - but also a brief thought would have told me this was impossible because that car didn't have space for anyone else.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope Sketchy and Sleezy survived...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone got any idea of how many more episodes there are ?

all my shows are finished or ending for the series........I'm going to have nothing to watch in a couple of weeks.......:o
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

all my shows are finished or ending for the series........I'm going to have nothing to watch in a couple of weeks.......:o

15 Episodes in season two. I'm watching at US pace but I'd guess from the thread you've just seen Down the Mississippi which is episode 7
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

8 episode left

I know what you meant about shows ending, quite a few of the shows I watch are about to have their mid-season breaks
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    8 episodes, that's good !

I thought it might finishing before Christmas, which would leave me with nothing by the end of December (unless of course I start watching something new !)
    Forum Member
    it was a really good episode, Murphy needs to quit having a go at 10k over cassandra, he acted in self defense ffs
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    it was a really good episode, Murphy needs to quit having a go at 10k over cassandra, he acted in self defense ffs

None of the others witnessed that fight so Murphy really only has 10K's word about what happened.
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »
    None of the others witnessed that fight so Murphy really only has 10K's word about what happened.

very true
  • TrebleKingTrebleKing Posts: 2,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    very true

He at least should've said Cassandra nearly strangled him to death and he killed her in self defence. The rest of the group must think he offed her in cold blood.
    Forum Member
    TrebleKing wrote: »
    He at least should've said Cassandra nearly strangled him to death and he killed her in self defence. The rest of the group must think he offed her in cold blood.

true, he should have explained what happened, then again i think Murphy is only upset because he had control over her,

Murphy is a fun character but he only cares about himself
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caught up on the last episode yesterday.
    Just when I think I can't love this show any more, they go and pull a Butch & Sundance reference.
    All hail The Asylum.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vasquez: If he (Murphy) is so important how come we keep losing him?? or wtte :D

Doc: I hate it when we split up (after the group does just that to look for Murphy) :D

George RR Martin as a zombie :D

George was turned into a zombie at Comic-Con and the villain of the week talks about how “some dirty guy with a crossbow tried to help George escape…got eaten.”.... an obvious reference to Daryl Dixon