Options

Don't Trust The B---- in Apartment 23

Comments

• Options
    Callum CollumCallum Collum Posts: 4,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Van Der Beek teaching the acting class was brilliant.
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I also thought the 2nd episode was better than the pilot. Much better!

As someone previously said it is a total farce and completely ridiculous and i think that's why i enjoy it as much as i do, it's a show not to be taken seriously and is very tongue in cheek. I don't watch American Dad so can't make any comparison or how that came about (i'm guessing it's the writers?) but it's definetely not your typical US comedy sitcom and i like that they're taking risks with it.

Did not see Chloe push her dad into the street coming either! Nor the fact she set June up with her dad which was mental lol. I am loving JVDB sending himself up and all the Dawson jokes, very funny! :D He alone makes the show work for me, but what a strange premise!
  • Options
    marie67marie67 Posts: 1,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the 2nd episode was really good, just my sense of humour.
    Chloe setting june up with her dad, chloe pushing her dad into the traffic, chloe's mom never taking her ice skating lol and the James Van Der Beek acting class.
  • Options
    DubDubDubDub Posts: 2,611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pardon me 4 jumping in :p But i missed the start but am gonna check it out;i think i might like it. Have 2 say not been too much prehype. Found it through daily mail ?! which is a worry :D
  • Options
    ItsTimmyTimeItsTimmyTime Posts: 1,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The ads popped up out of nowhere for me.

I just so happened to be channel surfing at the time of the pilot.

I LOVED IT!!!!

Really funny, a lot more depth than I expected, likeable characters (even the B----), and a mix of surrealism and reality which I love in sitcoms/shows!
    Puzzled at the 7 episode season though, and the fact they have 6 other episodes they're saving for season 2.
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure they knew that they wouldn't get away with a naked girl on primetime tv in the US, so why did they even bother
    You could say the same about the title. It's always censored in listings and even in the theme song.
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    marie67 wrote: »
    I thought the 2nd episode was really good, just my sense of humour.
    Chloe setting june up with her dad, chloe pushing her dad into the traffic, chloe's mom never taking her ice skating lol and the James Van Der Beek acting class.

Yup, it really started to hit its stride for me, much better, love the edge of lunacy to it
  • Options
    mel_drewmel_drew Posts: 944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This very funny series is getting disappointingly little attention on here. I think it's by far the funniest of the new US imports. Agent Krycek's ".....edge of lunacy" comment is very descriptive.

Last night was the best so far, I thought. Chloe adopting a child because she needs an assistant during her three busiest days of the year. June having to take over parenting duties (inevitably) and finally going into "shaken baby" meltdown - with a child who's six inches taller than her. James' body swap research.

Just mad. And great.

Give it a try :)
  • Options
    StarryNightStarryNight Posts: 7,289
    Forum Member
    I thought last nights episode was really funny. I can definately see myself getting into this.
  • Options
    Paul555Paul555 Posts: 1,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen all of these and 2 Broke Girls. They are both hilarious and among my favourite shows. These 2 and Suburgatory and Big Bang Theory are the funniest shows on TV in my opinion.
  • Options
    _radioamerica_radioamerica Posts: 4,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love this, but can't stand two broke girls.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i actually gave up. watching last week's episode and realised I still didn't find it remotely funny so I stopped it, deleted it and took it off series link.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    i actually gave up. watching last week's episode and realised I still didn't find it remotely funny so I stopped it, deleted it and took it off series link.

it takes time, come back half way through the second season and see if you like it, It took 30 Rock a good season to get into it's stride.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it takes time, come back half way through the second season and see if you like it, It took 30 Rock a good season to get into it's stride.

Oh i don't know, i liked 30 Rock from the start - same with 2 Broke Girls. I might dip in and out of it if it's on and there's nothing else on, but we'll see.
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm the same. It's OK, but not a show that will become 'must see' for me.
  • Options
    RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's well written and well acted, and certainly raises a smile ot two, but for me 2 Broke Girls gets my vote (although I'm still watching The B*****).

2BG isn't as well acted and isn't as well written (there are a lot of very stock sterotypes) but it actually makes me laugh out loud when I watch it, which I always like in a comedy :D

(As does Cougar Town at the moment, silly but funny, like Scrubs was)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm just gonna say it but James Van Der Beek is the best thing about this show. If it wasn't for him i wouldn't watch it.

3 episodes in and i'm just not all that positive about it. Chloe is extremely unlikeable. I know that's the whole point since she is the 'bitch' but i expected there to be something to like about her. An ounce, a shred but there's absolutely nothing. She may bring the laughs but she's got nothing going for herself. As for June who you are supposed to root for and like, i just find her annoying. I can't believe she'd still stay with Chloe after everything that's happened. JVDB makes the show and he's extremely funny and likeable.

I can't believe they managed to bag Kiernan Shipka from Mad Med for a guest role! Didn't expect that at all. She was excellent in this in her scenes with James. I'll watch it till the end since it's only 7 episodes long but we'll see how it goes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm really enjoying the show I think that Chloe is a great character, June seems annoying at times but not that much really but of course the main star of the show is JVDB, he's always funny when he comes onscreen
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brangdon wrote: »
    You could say the same about the title. It's always censored in listings and even in the theme song.

this is what i don't get, why is Bitch censored? is it done on purpose? as Bitch is said in plenty of other shows uncensored so why have they censored it for this? Even the voiceover does not say Bitch but i admit they do come up with some funny alternatives.

anyway, i really like this show, especially June who i think is gorgeous! :D also think Chloe is cool too.

i also love Broke Girls but can see why some people may not like it :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    this is what i don't get, why is Bitch censored? is it done on purpose? as Bitch is said in plenty of other shows uncensored so why have they censored it for this? Even the voiceover does not say Bitch but i admit they do come up with some funny alternatives.

anyway, i really like this show, especially June who i think is gorgeous! :D also think Chloe is cool too.

i also love Broke Girls but can see why some people may not like it :)

Bitch is said uncensored in this show as well; its just that they arent allowed to use it fully in the title plus pronoucing it ''B'' makes it rhyme with 23. Swear words have been disguised in previous shows such as the short lived $h*! My Dad Says (pronounced bleep my dad says).

Also earlier this year the new show Good Christian Belles was originally titled Good Christian Bitches (which is the name of the book which the show is adapted from) but because of this reason they cant use swear words in titles they had to change it.
  • Options
    ShadowlandsShadowlands Posts: 1,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watching it at American pace and am loving it, it's really starting to find it's feet now, fleshing out minor characters (Coffee shop staff and the peeping tom neighbour), great stuff.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This show is marmite. After really disliking last week's episode i loved last night's. Loved the whole storyline with June becoming confident and JVDB on Dancing With The Stars. His Cockney accent was hilarious! Loved Chloe becoming jealous of June, that was genius! :D Best episode out of the season so far!
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    MrSuper wrote: »
    This show is marmite. After really disliking last week's episode i loved last night's. Loved the whole storyline with June becoming confident and JVDB on Dancing With The Stars. His Cockney accent was hilarious! Loved Chloe becoming jealous of June, that was genius! :D Best episode out of the season so far!

I'm actually a bit sad that film doesn't exist, I'd pay good money to see 'A bit of bovver' :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    Guys, truthfully, wait untill episode 5. The "jam" episode. I showed my bf and we watched it 4 times in a row as it was THAT funny. The show comes into it own and hope it carries on. A superb series and thank you for making me and my bf smile hehe
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 274
    Forum Member
    Guys, truthfully, wait untill episode 5. The "jam" episode. I showed my bf and we watched it 4 times in a row as it was THAT funny. The show comes into it own and hope it carries on. A superb series and thank you for making me and my bf smile hehe

I can't wait! I've just watched last weeks's episode on 4OD and thoroughly enjoyed it. It is just getting so much better week by week. At this rate I'm going to have to buy the DVD, something I rarely do.