Options

'Psychic' Sally Morgan's charming family...

Comments

• Options
    fastzombiefastzombie Posts: 10,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    deleted double post
  • Options
    bollywoodbollywood Posts: 67,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Asmo wrote: »
    One of your famous diversions?!

Nobody said anything about what those in your linked study were 'automatic writing', or whether it provided even slightly more interesting reading as opposed to the novices output. That's entirely separate from according 'proof' status to EEG readings.

You said the EEGs showed they 'weren't faking'. No, they don't. It simply shows a subject who does this (as with countless other activities) as a matter of course has a different pattern of activity to one who is attempting to emulate the same activity without any prior experience, even confidence, doing it.
    I
    This isn't even addressing whether there was any 'psychic' activity going on (obviously, I don't sit that side of the fence anyway) but just the idea that the EEGs are any indicator of that.

No you still aren't getting it.

The purpose of the study was not to verify the psychic ability of the mediums.

They were chosen because they already gave accurate information.

The purpose of the study was to see if they really were in a trance state, as shown by decreased activity in certain frontal lobe areas and decreased activity in the areas associated with language, when they were doing a mediumship task.

When they were doing a non mediumship task the brain showed activity of a normal task.
  • Options
    egghead1egghead1 Posts: 4,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fastzombie wrote: »
    Just to jump in here but I believe John Edwards, Allison Du Bois, Laurie Cambell and George Anderson were all scientifically tested and gained results above chance. Most of these mediums are American though.

http://weilerpsiblog.wordpress.com/2009/03/16/evidence-for-the-afterlife/

I honestly don't think for a minute this will be in any way shape or form be accepted or considered as evidence of course. The scientists who endorse the findings will be portrayed as woo peddlers etc etc, but as you asked to see it. Here you are.

Gary Schwartz lol ...next!

If john Edward is the real deal why is he so rubbish.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bollywood wrote: »
    No you still aren't getting it.

The purpose of the study was not to verify the psychic ability of the mediums.

They were chosen because they already gave accurate information.

The purpose of the study was to see if they really were in a trance state, as shown by decreased activity in certain frontal lobe areas and decreased activity in the areas associated with language, when they were doing a mediumship task.

When they were doing a non mediumship task the brain showed activity of a normal task.

Still waiting for their names.
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hazydayz wrote: »
    The man had no business doing what he did and by doing that was trying to affect Sally's business, which is what it is, a business that makes money and pays bills. I couldn't care less what was said to him. That's what happens in real life. I think I'm spot on with the demographics on here just like I'm spot on at all of you ready to start crying because you can't win your arguments, you're like broken records, like a parrot that just keeps repeating and repeating and repeating. No one cares what her husband said or did, he was defending his wife. Maybe in the fairy tale world of Digitalspy where people are hiding behind keyboards he is the big bad villain and the stuttery voiced leaflet giver was the innocent prince but in the real world if you're gonna be a MAN or try and like a MAN expect a manly response.

I'm sure some of you are self employed, I'm sure some of the men are even married, I'm sure a percentage of them even own their own business. If someone tried to ruin your wife's business and take money from her wouldn't you be upset? Once yous get off the leather office chair. Wouldn't you at least be a little mad? Of course you would. But of course it's like animal farm. All the parrots. Repeat repeat repeat repeat.

Bravo for trying to be a WUM on here but two incoherent hysterical rants is over-egging things a bit.

I do not believe you think any of this for a second - unless of course you are one of Morgan's mouth-breathing followers.

In which case you have my deepest sympathy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    egghead1 wrote: »

Still telling you to email Jefferson Hospital and ask if they will give you the names. :)

Still seeing that the study went over your head.
  • Options
    hazydayzhazydayz Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    Bravo for trying to be a WUM on here but two incoherent hysterical rants is over-egging things a bit.

I do not believe you think any of this for a second - unless of course you are one of Morgan's mouth-breathing followers.

In which case you have my deepest sympathy.

Let me translate that for those of you who don't live in Britain but view these forums.

What this forum user is basically saying is, we don't like what you say, you have ridiculed every argument and opinion put forward to you so I will call you a Wind Up Merchant and hope you go away.

I'd do an imitation of a parrot but I'd need to quote most of the thread lol. Please do go back to your repeat, rinse, repeat thingymajig. Since that's all you and most of the posters in this thread can do. Oh it's not real! I agree! Her husbands a thug! I concur! I agree too! lol
  • Options
    Flat MattFlat Matt Posts: 7,023
    Forum Member

Are people really still wasting their time asking Bolly to name a genuine medium? :D

Come on, we all know better than to flog that particular dead horse.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let me translate that for those of you who don't live in Britain but view these forums.

What this forum user is basically saying is, we don't like what you say, you have ridiculed every argument and opinion put forward to you so I will call you a Wind Up Merchant and hope you go away.

I'd do an imitation of a parrot but I'd need to quote most of the thread lol. Please do go back to your repeat, rinse, repeat thingymajig. Since that's all you and most of the posters in this thread can do. Oh it's not real! I agree! Her husbands a thug! I concur! I agree too! lol

Please do not keep insulting one of the most intelligent maniraptoran theropods.

I highly doubt a parrot would be so foolish as to believe any of Morgan's bullshit - they have far too much cognitive ability. ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flat Matt wrote: »
    Are people really still wasting their time asking Bolly to name a genuine medium? :D

If you flog a dead horse it's discorporal spirit will savagely haunt you for the rest of your days! :o
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The man had no business doing what he did and by doing that was trying to affect Sally's business, which is what it is, a business that makes money and pays bills. I couldn't care less what was said to him. That's what happens in real life. I think I'm spot on with the demographics on here just like I'm spot on at all of you ready to start crying because you can't win your arguments, you're like broken records, like a parrot that just keeps repeating and repeating and repeating. No one cares what her husband said or did, he was defending his wife. Maybe in the fairy tale world of Digitalspy where people are hiding behind keyboards he is the big bad villain and the stuttery voiced leaflet giver was the innocent prince but in the real world if you're gonna be a MAN or try and like a MAN expect a manly response..

Dear God. What century do you live in? That's not "manly" behaviour, that's Neanderthal.

And the rest of your statement is a fail again because you just can't help making snide and bitter remarks about DS members which sadly say a lot about you and your outdated worldview and nothing about the thread topic.

And if you think us DS folk are nothing but a bunch of pen-pushing softies then may I suggest you go elsewhere? There are other discussion forums on the internet.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eraserhead wrote: »
    Dear God. What century do you live in? That's not "manly" behaviour, that's Neanderthal.

And the rest of your statement is a fail again because you just can't help making snide and bitter remarks about DS members which sadly say a lot about you and your outdated worldview and nothing about the thread topic.

And if you think us DS folk are nothing but a bunch of pen-pushing softies then may I suggest you go elsewhere? There are other discussion forums on the internet.....

I suspect the poster is overcompensating. ;-)
  • Options
    SwanGirlSwanGirl Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But let me guess, you and your Mother don't have the heart to sit and ridicule him? Lets hope nothing happens to your Mother when she's old, lets hope your there in time to save her when something bad is about to happen. Of course you'll probably come on here and tell us all about it in Advice.

Er no we don't. But my grandad also doesn't go around charging people to do readings for them, nor does he actually claim to be able to talk to the dead. And there's no need to be so rude either!
    I think a lot of that can be explained. Some of it will be coincidence. Some of it will be thoughts that we think on a regular basis but it's only when something happens immediately after such a thought that we link the two.

For example when you think of someone and then a few seconds later the phone rings and it's that person. Gift? Or is it a thought you think on a regular basis and 9 times out of 10 the person doesn't ring you? And did you think of that person at a time in the day when they'd typically ring.. therefore increasing the chances of you guessing they're about to call. That sort of thing.

The Aunt example above is interesting. Was she due to visit your Gran and was late? That might trigger a "Something has happened" thought.

Actually my aunt was meant to be in school but she decided to leave early to skip her PE lesson, which makes it all the more strange!
    That is shocking. Unless Whittle was in on it, in which case...it's even more shocking.

I kind of hope he was in on it, as sickening as that might sound! It was literally jaw dropping and it made me wonder if she tells other guys this sort of thing and what the consequences of her saying such a thing could mean. Some guy could go to her still torn up about a relationship and she says 'Oh your ex had an abortion!', guy gets angry and goes round to his ex and kills her. I know that's an extreme point of view but it is something that could happen, theoretically.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I don't know any mediums.

That's not what the study was for.

But if you want to keep creating diversions, you can. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If you flog a dead horse it's discorporal spirit will savagely haunt you for the rest of your days! :o

Undoubtedly.

I poured boiling water on some ants once and had to call in a priest to perform an exorcism when they came back to haunt me every summer!
  • Options
    Forum Member

You keep blithering on about these studies using "accurate psychics" but never name them or the specific criteria by which they were deemed to be accurate.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You claim to know a psychic though. Which is probably just more fantasy along with psychic parrots,EEG studies that mean nothing,psychics predicting earthquakes ,time travel in dreams and all the other rubbish youve spouted on this forum over time.

Best evidence you throw up is some test of something produces some microscopic result that was irrelevant anyway.
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Undoubtedly.

I poured boiling water on some ants once and had to call in a priest to perform an exorcism when they came back to haunt me every summer!

Psychic Sally: "I have a message for you from your dead ant."

Flat Matt: "My dead aunt?"

Sally: "No, dear, your dead ant. He says he's happy now and the rent money is in the teapot. That'll be £25 please."
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Eraserhead wrote: »
    Psychic Sally: "I have a message for you from your dead ant."

Flat Matt: "My dead aunt?"

Sally: "No, dear, your dead ant. He says he's happy now and the rent money is in the teapot. That'll be £25 please."

:D

£25?

I believe it's more like £400 for her to lie to you on a one-to-one basis.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You claim to know a psychic though. Which is probably just more fantasy along with psychic parrots,EEG studies that mean nothing,psychics predicting earthquakes ,time travel in dreams and all the other rubbish youve spouted on this forum over time.

Best evidence you throw up is some test of something produces some microscopic result that was irrelevant anyway.

So you reached the point of admitting there was a result.

That's progress.:)

Although you have poor recall of past discussions.
  • Options
    Larry_KirstenLarry_Kirsten Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    So you reached the point of admitting there was a result.

That's progress.:)

Although you have poor recall of past discussions.

Wow, talk about scraping the barrell !
    How about answering all the other questions asked of you rather than focus on one tiny part in one thread that you can sort of twist to support your own myopic point of view?

But you know, we know, and every genuine psychic (you know, the one you won't name) in the world knows that you're only going to pick and choose answering posts that suit you...

Pretty sad and pathetic really, but hey carry on dear, we can see your modus operandi for what it is. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    :D

£25?

I believe it's more like £400 for her to lie to you on a one-to-one basis.

NOW we actually can DO something positive about these thieves!.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/70539
  • Options
    David MillsDavid Mills Posts: 742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The man had no business doing what he did and by doing that was trying to affect Sally's business, which is what it is, a business that makes money and pays bills. I couldn't care less what was said to him. That's what happens in real life. I think I'm spot on with the demographics on here just like I'm spot on at all of you ready to start crying because you can't win your arguments, you're like broken records, like a parrot that just keeps repeating and repeating and repeating. No one cares what her husband said or did, he was defending his wife. Maybe in the fairy tale world of Digitalspy where people are hiding behind keyboards he is the big bad villain and the stuttery voiced leaflet giver was the innocent prince but in the real world if you're gonna be a MAN or try and like a MAN expect a manly response.

That doesn't make sense to the situation.

This man went out on his own to hand out flyers without anyone else, he's from a skeptic organization so knows he's not going to get the best welcome, he was man enough to stand there and do it all on his own then he was threatened by two men. He was quietly handing them out, being non violent and who was no physical threat to these guys at all a because he didn't want to be and b because there's 1 of him) but it took two of them to hurl abuse at him.

Any person attacked by two people isn't displaying manliness, that's cowardly and getting the son in law to threaten him too is just pathetic. Are you really suggesting he should have stood up to two men coming at him like that and showed what a real man he is over two of them when they started the violent threats.

I actually think Sally's husband had a right to be angry because it is his business but needing two men to threaten him with violence and using homophobic words to belittle him and make him look like a weaker man doesn't work, they just come off looking like idiots.

A real man doesn't need to use violence against others either verbal or physically.
  • Options
    SwanGirlSwanGirl Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've also noticed John Edward being mentioned in the thread. My gran was a huge fan of his, watched his show daily and to be honest, for a while anyway, I believed in him. That was until I got older and more internet savvy and found out all his techniques and such. Anyway, one year he came to Cardiff to do a show and my gran spent 45 pounds on a ticket and dragged my mother along for company.

They were under the impression that his show would literally be two hours of him reading audience members. What it actually consisted of was an hour and a half of him talking about himself, his childhood and how beautiful he found Wales. The last half an hour was him doing audience readings of which he managed to squeeze in about two people and he was wildly off on both of them. As a result gran came home and binned his books and stopped watching his show, she was really disappointed. She'd went along hoping to hear from her stillborn child or her younger brother who died suddenly in a car accident.

I know people will think it ridiculous that she wanted to hear from them but I was really upset for her as she genuinely believed he had the ability to talk and convey messages from the dead. Sorry, long comment again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    SwanGirl wrote: »
    I've also noticed John Edward being mentioned in the thread. My gran was a huge fan of his, watched his show daily and to be honest, for a while anyway, I believed in him. That was until I got older and more internet savvy and found out all his techniques and such. Anyway, one year he came to Cardiff to do a show and my gran spent 45 pounds on a ticket and dragged my mother along for company.

They were under the impression that his show would literally be two hours of him reading audience members. What it actually consisted of was an hour and a half of him talking about himself, his childhood and how beautiful he found Wales. The last half an hour was him doing audience readings of which he managed to squeeze in about two people and he was wildly off on both of them. As a result gran came home and binned his books and stopped watching his show, she was really disappointed. She'd went along hoping to hear from her stillborn child or her younger brother who died suddenly in a car accident.

I know people will think it ridiculous that she wanted to hear from them but I was really upset for her as she genuinely believed he had the ability to talk and convey messages from the dead. Sorry, long comment again.

John Edward is the very definition of a cold reader.

His readings are nothing more than a succession of rapid-fire questions. He only slows it down when something hits, and it usually takes around 20 or more questions before he gets there. There are several videos analysing his readings and debunking him on Youtube.

One of the most obvious fakes around, in my opinion. Probably even worse than Derek Acorah - and that's saying something!