Whould you let your 17 year old Daughter date a 24 year old man?

12345679»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Freeman000 wrote: »
    What I don't understand is why some older women are so against the idea of hooking up with a younger man. A single man would never turn down the offer of sex from a much younger woman, so I think women would be much happier if they adopted the attitude of men from time to time. Or is it just that women don't like to admit that they find the thought of a much younger man to be sexually appealing?

Speaking for myself... It's more the idea of ME being the older woman I don't like. No matter how old I am I will always want to be the young one!! :sleep:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Freeman000 wrote: »
    What I don't understand is why some older women are so against the idea of hooking up with a younger man. A single man would never turn down the offer of sex from a much younger woman, so I think women would be much happier if they adopted the attitude of men from time to time. Or is it just that women don't like to admit that they find the thought of a much younger man to be sexually appealing?

Speaking for myself... It's more the idea of ME being the older woman I don't like. No matter how old I am I will always want to be the young one!! :sleep:

Plus older men are just sexier!
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I was 28 I was picked up by a girl who told me she was 18 - she was, but only by a few days. I honestly didn't have any say in the matter. We both listened to exactly the same music and we both had friends spanning the difference in our ages.
    I find it laughable that anybody can think there's a big age gap between 17 and 24.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    So how did the big talk go with your daughter op?
  • d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,452
    Forum Member
    barbeler wrote: »
    When I was 28 I was picked up by a girl who told me she was 18 - she was, but only by a few days. I honestly didn't have any say in the matter. We both listened to exactly the same music and we both had friends spanning the difference in our ages.
    I find it laughable that anybody can think there's a big age gap between 17 and 24.

You don't think a 41% excess in years is a big gap when one is a schoolgirl and the other is 6 years into adulthood? :eek:
  • CMCM Posts: 33,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    is this a joke? 17 dating a 24 year old? whats wrong with that?

i'm 36 and wouldn't think twice about dating a 17 year old.

then again i am a bit of a perv :D

Exactly :D

Poster is out of date 17 is well over legal age for sex I bet Dad would have gone out with 17 year old if given chance in his day :cool:
  • GiraffeGirlGiraffeGirl Posts: 13,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You'd feel you had to accept their friend request on Facebook and be subjected to the endless teenage girl statuses and duckface photos.

Seriously, it should be discouraged at all cost. Teenage girls are weird.

This is 100% true.

Though having said that, I have friends on Facebook (including family members) who are well out of their teens and behave like 12 year olds on there.

I don't think many people are at their best on Facebook.
  • TrollHunterTrollHunter Posts: 12,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I met my wife when I was 24 and she was 17. We've been together for 16 years, married for 8 of them, have 3 children and are still very happy together. So for that reason 'I'm in!'