Amazon....have they dumped their couriers and created their own?

SupercellSupercell Posts: 5,079
Forum Member
Does anyone know if Amazon are now doing their own deliveries rather than passing them to others?

The last couple of deliveries I have had have been from Amazon logistics. One of them left a turquoise blue card with Amazon on it to say they had left the parcel at a neighbours.

Have they created their own logistics firm, have they bought someone out or are they just getting the couriers they use to use the Amazon branding instead of their own?

Anyone know, just curious!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 171
    Forum Member
    i worked recently for a delivery company that had a contract with amazon. they werent responsible for all amazons deliveries though, they had different methods of delivery depending on the items
  • franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Supercell wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Amazon are now doing their own deliveries rather than passing them to others?

The last couple of deliveries I have had have been from Amazon logistics. One of them left a turquoise blue card with Amazon on it to say they had left the parcel at a neighbours.

Have they created their own logistics firm, have they bought someone out or are they just getting the couriers they use to use the Amazon branding instead of their own?

Curious, were your goods delivered on time? The last few deliveries of mine (some time back now) were by Yodel and were late. I've been shopping elsewhere because of the late deliveries so would be interested to see if they (Yodel) have been given the elbow.
  • PootmatootPootmatoot Posts: 15,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suspect it's a matter of necessity.... they're becoming so big that they're probably overwhelming the available delivery networks (especially given many, such as Yodel, are apparently run by idiots).
  • SupercellSupercell Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    francie wrote: »
    Curious, were your goods delivered on time? The last few deliveries of mine (some time back now) were by Yodel and were late. I've been shopping elsewhere because of the late deliveries so would be interested to see if they (Yodel) have been given the elbow.

Yes all been fine, I use Prime and I don't seem to have had the issues others seem to have! Recently a lot of the deliveries have been via DPD or APLE, not had a yodel one for months.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes all been fine, I use Prime and I don't seem to have had the issues others seem to have! Recently a lot of the deliveries have been via DPD or APLE, not had a yodel one for months.

I have a Prime membership and still had Yodel problems :( So much so that Amazon gave me extra months membership...I had to laugh as Yodel would probably have been the courier :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh no I love my **** smoking delivery guy!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Does yours grunt too? Mine was a happy soul :rolleyes:
  • chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member
    My last three Amazon purchases have been delivered by Royal Mail.
    The most recent was this morning.
  • PootmatootPootmatoot Posts: 15,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I doubt you have to worry for a while. If they are creating their own, it will be a while before it could take over everything... a delivery company capable of delivering everything Amazon posts would be of a similar scale to the Royal Mail! They can't have built that without anyone noticing...
  • Mrs BBVMrs BBV Posts: 3,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of late they have been using APLE for their deliveries to our house and the standard has been awesome! I don't know who APLE are but they put Yodel to shame.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My last three Amazon purchases have been delivered by Royal Mail.
    The most recent was this morning.

My Amazon orders via Royal Mail always arrived on time, Yodel always caused delivery problems for me :(
  • chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member
    francie wrote: »
    My Amazon orders via Royal Mail always arrived on time, Yodel always caused delivery problems for me :(

Ditto.

There's a thread somewhere here about Yodel problems.

It isn't happy reading.
  • MurraymarMurraymar Posts: 4,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Error
  • SupercellSupercell Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    Caught a glimpse of an amazon courier today. He just had an unbranded Navy van....maybe they are just employing a few people with their own vans to start!
  • venusinflaresvenusinflares Posts: 4,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had an Amazon delivery yesterday and it was DPD. I did wonder if they'd dumped Yodel.
  • LibitinaLibitina Posts: 2,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope they have dumped Yodel, I might start ordering stuff from them again if they have.
  • Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Libitina wrote: »
    I really hope they have dumped Yodel, I might start ordering stuff from them again if they have.

I am waiting in for a parcel today still not arrived,i have an amazon tracking number its YODEL.:eek::eek::mad:

They seem to have rebranded themselves HDNL though.:confused:
  • Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well what do you know been in from 9 this morning until 9 tonight no parcel and no Yodel was tracking the parcel all day,it went from out for delivery to back at depot total cr-p.:mad:

Already been on to amazon to give them an earful.;)
  • spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    had a parcel delivered ok by yodel today not from amazon am expecting another parcel tomorrow again by yodel , have had no real issues with yodel tbh

am expecting a parcel by Amazon on thurs but it is being delivered by link
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's odd, I've never had anything delivered by amazon via yodel, it's always been royal mail and everything has always arrived on time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amazon took six days to deliver my toothbrush heads recently . Disgraceful .
  • tghe-retfordtghe-retford Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must be one of the only people in Britain who has never had a problem with a delivery from Yodel.

I did have a UPS courier who must have remembered my face, told me that it was proving difficult to catch me at home (I order and arrange delivery for annual leave for this reason) and advised I rearrange delivery elsewhere (impractical and in works case, impossible). That's bad when you're remembered for being difficult to deliver to.

A fair few of those deliveries were via Amazon too.
  • GetMeOuttaHereGetMeOuttaHere Posts: 17,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

City Sprint are currently undertaking delivery of a majority of Amazon Prime parcels. Their website has a designated tracking service under Amazon parcels. The livery on their vans is also a very light turquoise.

Good couriers. I have ordered several items over the past few months that have been delivered by City Sprint, haven't had any problems. DPD are good as well, you get a text with an hour slot for delivery. Royal Mail and Parcel Force seem to be the bug bears at the moment.
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know that Amazon is just not the same anymore. They are more expensive than they used to be.
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Don't know, but I can definitely say that the last few deliveries I've had from Amazon have been a hell of a lot quicker than they used to be, and that they are leaving stuff in the porch as I've always requested that they did.

Much improved service, and tending to arrive the next day, even when next day service has not been requested.