Options

Do Donny Osmond votes's count?

luigy39luigy39 Posts: 578
Forum Member
✭✭
Donny Osmond was a disgrace for the show tonight and offensive to those celebrities who put real effort into real dancing. What a joke.>:(

Comments

• Options
    DaioniDaioni Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    Couldn't agree more. Some very odd scoring - a 9 for Mark? Skewed the leaderboard a bit.
  • Options
    VientreVientre Posts: 1,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He certainly didnt add anything to the show, only detracted from it with ludicrous scoring, but apart from Craig the other judges are rapidly leaving themselves with nowhere to go at this early stage with their overmarking.
  • Options
    Omniconsumer93Omniconsumer93 Posts: 735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A disgrace? Come on. War crimes are a disgrace, scores on a dancing show aren't.
  • Options
    Cheryl423Cheryl423 Posts: 1,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Fraid so if it's a serious question. And it's a shame because really, he was way off. Did he even know who Jake Wood's character in Eastenders is ??? I just didn't get the point of him being there one bit. He didn't add anything useful and at this early stage in the competition his marking was way off. He was at pains to point out how in tune he was with the celebrities - and yet the marks suggested he didn't get it at all.
  • Options
    Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Daioni wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more. Some very odd scoring - a 9 for Mark? Skewed the leaderboard a bit.

Not totally true. If you look at the other judges scores without Donny's then they would all be in the same place on the board except Scott who is now just above Judy & Jennifer rather than equal with them. As Scott has a huge fan base I can't see it making any difference.
  • Options
    shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member
    Please don't ever have a fifth judge back. I think everyone should just discount all Donny's scores to make proper comparisons on all the dances.
  • Options
    Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheryl423 wrote: »
    'Fraid so if it's a serious question. And it's a shame because really, he was way off. Did he even know who Jake Wood's character in Eastenders is ??? I just didn't get the point of him being there one bit. He didn't add anything useful and at this early stage in the competition his marking was way off. He was at pains to point out how in tune he was with the celebrities - and yet the marks suggested he didn't get it at all.

I think he was being ironic about Jake but it seems to have gone over the heads of people
  • Options
    Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    James Jordan was free tonight.
    :cool:
  • Options
    dippydancingdippydancing Posts: 9,428
    Forum Member
    They count in-as-much as they contribute towards the final positions on the leaderboard, but I actually did some nerdy-maths and subtracted his scores from all the totals, and everyone bar Mark and Steve remained in the same position, so as long as neither of them end up in the DO, no harm done.
  • Options
    Frank MagFrank Mag Posts: 1,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In a word... NO
  • Options
    Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They count in-as-much as they contribute towards the final positions on the leaderboard, but I actually did some nerdy-maths and subtracted his scores from all the totals, and everyone bar Mark and Steve remained in the same position, so as long as neither of them end up in the DO, no harm done.

In awe of people who can do that maths stuff... :cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 240
    Forum Member
    I have to commend him for being even worse as a judge than I imagined! :confused:
  • Options
    amelia_leeamelia_lee Posts: 11,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thought he was bloody awful and so wonky with his scoring, a nine for Mark and seven for Alison?

I thought he was just wrong in every single way!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 180
    Forum Member
    luigy39 wrote: »
    Donny Osmond was a disgrace for the show tonight and offensive to those celebrities who put real effort into real dancing. What a joke.>:(

He was... Overmarked everyone until Jake and Janette (and then I think he undermarked them because that was a bloody beautiful waltz!) and then did okay scoring for a while before overmarking Mark at the end... Whatever he's using to score the celebrities on, it certainly isn't their dancing!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pet Monkey wrote: »
    In awe of people who can do that maths stuff... :cool:

I also did the maths as i was so cross.

Amazing that it almost certainly won't make a difference.... (famous last words...)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    tvaddict37 wrote: »
    I also did the maths as i was so cross.

Amazing that it almost certainly won't make a difference.... (famous last words...)

I'm filling in time whilst waiting for the spoiler to come in, so here are the dancers’ scores, in leader board order, with Donny Osmond’s score subtracted:

Frankie- 45-10=35
    Pixie- 43-9=34
    Caroline- 42-9=33
    Jake- 40-8=32
    Sunetra- 40-8=32
    Thom- 38-7=31
    Mark- 35-9=26
    Steve- 34-6=28
    Simon- 30-7=23
    Alison- 28-7=21
    Scott 25-7=18
    Jennifer 23-5=18
    Judy 23-5=18
    Tim 22-5=17
    So, as I mentioned elsewhere, the positions remain the same for everyone except for Mark and Steve, so here’s hoping that neither of them end up in the Dance Off, which I rather doubt. So the 5th judge’s eccentric marking doesn't seem to have changed much.
  • Options
    IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even if the absolute values were exaggerated, the way he ordered the dances were okay, I'd say, except Mark. But then, he's not staying so he can have a favourite.
  • Options
    TomStarTomStar Posts: 2,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does he get a decision after the dance off??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    TomStar wrote: »
    Does he get a decision after the dance off??

Very good point- but his scoring, however inflated, was in line with the final scores except for Mark and Steve, so you'd hope that neither of them would be in the DO. Unless, of course, he had another voting spasm and decided to go rogue again.
  • Options
    amelia_leeamelia_lee Posts: 11,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm filling in time whilst waiting for the spoiler to come in, so here are the dancers’ scores, in leader board order, with Donny Osmond’s score subtracted:

Frankie- 45-10=35
    Pixie- 43-9=34
    Caroline- 42-9=33
    Jake- 40-8=32
    Sunetra- 40-8=32
    Thom- 38-7=31
    Mark- 35-9=26
    Steve- 34-6=28
    Simon- 30-7=23
    Alison- 28-7=21
    Scott 25-7=18
    Jennifer 23-5=18
    Judy 23-5=18
    Tim 22-5=17
    So, as I mentioned elsewhere, the positions remain the same for everyone except for Mark and Steve, so here’s hoping that neither of them end up in the Dance Off, which I rather doubt. So the 5th judge’s eccentric marking doesn't seem to have changed much.

Like you said it is Mark and Steve who are the only ones who change, however I believe you are wrong about them being in the dance off, what it actually changes is the people who would be higher without those scores, say if Steve was in the dance off, the one position change can make all the difference. The ones at the bottom I don't think would matter and tbh they need to start going soon anyway.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He looked like he'd been invited at the last minute to a dinner party and they stuffed him into a space at the table with a tiny chair.
    I thought he was going to replace a judge that couldn't be there.
  • Options
    Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    cj1234 wrote: »
    He looked like he'd been invited at the last minute to a dinner party and they stuffed him into a space at the table with a tiny chair.
    The BBC said right from the start that he would be a fifth judge and the scores would be out of 50.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janet43 wrote: »
    The BBC said right from the start that he would be a fifth judge and the scores would be out of 50.

Okay thanks for that - wasn't concentrating!
  • Options
    denver23denver23 Posts: 79
    Forum Member
    cj1234 wrote: »

He shouldn't have been invited at all. Haven't the BBC learned from the Alesha fiasco that asking former contestants (albeit winners) on SCD or DWTS just doesn't work - and to keep going on about they know what the contestants are going through rubbish is just a feeble excuse to try and justify them being there. I would think even the professional judges would have a good idea.
    They should only have another judge on the panel if whatever reason Len, Craig, Darcey or Bruno are unable to be there and it should be somebody with a bit of credibility - there must be hundreds of people better qualified and much nearer to home than Donny Osmond. Hope the BBC are slated for this - they should be!
  • Options
    RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    amelia_lee wrote: »
    Thought he was bloody awful and so wonky with his scoring, a nine for Mark and seven for Alison?

I thought he was just wrong in every single way!

I agree, he was a total waste of space. Who came up with the idea of having him on the show as a judge anyway ? If they thought it would enhance the show, they couldn't have been more wrong.