The Wild Dogs of Skaro. Opening Scene. Preview.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 389
Forum Member
I thought I would share with you the opening TARDIS scene of the three part Doctor Who episode I'm writing with the villains being the Daleks. The first part is called 'The Wild Dogs of Skaro', the second 'Scream of the Daleks' and the third 'A Doctor of Darkness'. Any feedback on the following scene would be appreciated, as you are all Who fans and know what is intriguing about an episode and what is not I thought who better than to share it with you. Enjoy!

1 INT. TARDIS – DAY 1
The TARDIS in flight. THE DOCTOR is wandering around the console. Flicking switches with CLARA in tow. The TARDIS is humming calmly while THE DOCTOR flicks one switch and walks half way round the console to check the monitor screen...

CRASH! The TARDIS shakes violently, throwing THE DOCTOR and CLARA to the ground. The SMASHING of the TARDIS windows scares CLARA into action. Her hand slightly cut from the fall.

CLARA
(wincing)
Ouch! D-Doctor, what just happened. Where on Earth are we?

THE DOCTOR looks into CLARA’s eyes. Slightly amused.

THE DOCTOR
(with a half smile)
You just said it Clara. We are on modern day Earth.

THE DOCTOR and CLARA heave themselves up, while both trying to help the other person. CLARA struggling with the weight. Her hand starts to bleed slightly.

THE DOCTOR
You should get that cut seen to, I’m not a Doctor of medicine, but judging by the skills of my naked eyes-

THE DOCTOR points to his eyes. Bigging up his excellent eyesight.

THE DOCTOR (CONT’D)
-it looks as if the cut isn’t that deep. There’s a medical box, just down the stairs to the right. Under ESSENTIAL TRAVEL EQUIPMENT.

CLARA
Are we going to go and see what made us crash land then?

THE DOCTOR
We can’t be sure if something did make us crash land, or whether she just malfunctioned. But, yes, we will have to go and check for disturbances because if something did make us crash land, it would have to be very powerful indeed to make us leave the time vortex. The TARDIS is dead at the minute and with this amount of damage, it could take any amount of time for the emergency generators to kick in.

Comments

• Explosivo111Explosivo111 Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    An interesting start, you've captured the 11th Doctor well with the dialogue and actions which is one of the hardest things when writing the doctor.

I assume Clara cutting her hand will be relevant later on :p

In terms of constructive criticism I feel obliged to point out that the TARDIS being made to crash by some outside force does feel like a little too much of a forced plot device and has been used many times.

But overall its a fantastic start, not much to go on at the moment so I can't see much else but I look forward to seeing more

Explosvio111
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 389
    Forum Member
    An interesting start, you've captured the 11th Doctor well with the dialogue and actions which is one of the hardest things when writing the doctor.

I assume Clara cutting her hand will be relevant later on :p

In terms of constructive criticism I feel obliged to point out that the TARDIS being made to crash by some outside force does feel like a little too much of a forced plot device and has been used many times.

But overall its a fantastic start, not much to go on at the moment so I can't see much else but I look forward to seeing more

Explosvio111

Its actually intended for the 12th Doctor, hence no GERONIMO when the TARDIS starts to shake violently.

The episode is going back to the events of Doomsday (Series 2) where the Doctor realises he did not fully close the breach like he thought he did and the Daleks have managed to push themselves and the whole planet of Skaro through into the Earth's atmosphere. That's whats taken them out the time vortex. Its going to be a wild episode thats for sure. :D
  • JonDoeJonDoe Posts: 31,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its actually intended for the 12th Doctor...

In that case, not enough swearing.
  • Explosivo111Explosivo111 Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    Its actually intended for the 12th Doctor, hence no GERONIMO when the TARDIS starts to shake violently.

The episode is going back to the events of Doomsday (Series 2) where the Doctor realises he did not fully close the breach like he thought he did and the Daleks have managed to push themselves and the whole planet of Skaro through into the Earth's atmosphere. That's whats taken them out the time vortex. Its going to be a wild episode thats for sure. :D

Ahhh I see, it was the pointing at the eyes that seemed very 11

Sounds like a good storyline. Maybe the metacrisis 10 from the other universe could be involved?

Explosivo111
    Forum Member
    Ahhh I see, it was the pointing at the eyes that seemed very 11

Sounds like a good storyline. Maybe the metacrisis 10 from the other universe could be involved?

Explosivo111

I'm extremely glad you thought I nailed at least one of the Doctors though and perhaps his mannerisms. Thank you :)
  • jrmswfcjrmswfc Posts: 5,644
    Forum Member
    Daleks again? Yawwwwnnnnn
    Forum Member
    jrmswfc wrote: »
    Daleks again? Yawwwwnnnnn

I know how you feel, but by the storyline I want to write about, which is colossal. The Daleks are the only species powerful enough to do it.
  • ShhhSilenceShhhSilence Posts: 363
    Forum Member
    Script notes: "bigging up" should never ever be used as a phrase in anything, ever.

Intrigued by Clara cutting her hand, as the TARDIS has a tendency to have a smash landing, but no occupants having even a flesh wound. Seems like you're about to set up the actual story, I'd like to hear that.
    Forum Member
    Script notes: "bigging up" should never ever be used as a phrase in anything, ever.

Intrigued by Clara cutting her hand, as the TARDIS has a tendency to have a smash landing, but no occupants having even a flesh wound. Seems like you're about to set up the actual story, I'd like to hear that.

Interesting about the use of 'bigging up'. I was reading some of RTD's scripts for Series 4 and he used an awful lot of tame, street wise quotes. One of them in the Smith and Jones script. When first referring to Leo Jones, RTD referred to him as 'bit of a lad', which is something people of my age would say when referring to friends etc.