Options

Police and council can't stop noisy neighbour.

2»

Comments

• Options
    HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Council and Environmental Health in particular. Record evidence, keep logs (email to yourself if you can so it's time and date stamped). My son got some great evidence of our noisy neighbours on his android phone recently. EH seem to be the ones that deal with it, though.

You're right - these people are massively protected. Homeowner makes it worse but even if he was a council tenant it would take a couple of court cases and months/years of evidence gathering to get any help.
  • Options
    TUTV ViewerTUTV Viewer Posts: 6,236
    Forum Member
    Flibustier wrote: »
    I have a neighbour. Yesterday he blasted music from 3pm in the afternoon to 9.45am. He then resumed today at 1pm today and is still going strong. I could not sleep all last night and now have the same again now. I feel very unwell from the lack of sleep.

Speak to a friend with a good knowledge of electrics and see if they will build you a "dirty" motor.

Then put it in a room that is as close as possible to his speakers.

Snap, crackle, clickety, pop... :D

(A bit like the "pop" you get in a speaker when a dodgy thermostat clicks but continuous)
  • Options
    Tal'shiarTal'shiar Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Snow.drop wrote: »
    I didn't know that. I think we just wanted out ASAP. She made our life hell for 3 years. We lost money in our house too. Suppose we were lucky that we could move though, some people are stuck.

I had a similar situation, and after a year of just non-stop shit every single weekend and most week days, we just moved. Sad as it is, sometimes you just have to cut your loses and just move on.

I now live in the middle of **** nowhere in a detached house quite away from anyone. It hasn't effected me at all haha.

(I know its still wrong and the law is the law, but on some level, I can understand why people just go nuts and end up seriously harming the "neighbor from hell" and the whole situation getting way out of hand.)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 183
    Forum Member
    Tal'shiar wrote: »
    I had a similar situation, and after a year of just non-stop shit every single weekend and most week days, we just moved. Sad as it is, sometimes you just have to cut your loses and just move on.

I now live in the middle of **** nowhere in a detached house quite away from anyone. It hasn't effected me at all haha.

(I know its still wrong and the law is the law, but on some level, I can understand why people just go nuts and end up seriously harming the "neighbor from hell" and the whole situation getting way out of hand.)

We moved into a detached house In a quiet area too. No neighbours and no noise!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,341
    Forum Member
    Flibustier wrote: »
    I have a neighbour. Yesterday he blasted music from 3pm in the afternoon to 9.45am. He then resumed today at 1pm today and is still going strong. I could not sleep all last night and now have the same again now. I feel very unwell from the lack of sleep.

Hounslow council only have 'noise teams' for Friday and Saturday night but no other day of the week. You can make a complaint, like I did before and nothing happens. They simply send you a letter 2 weeks later saying your complaint has been closed.

I called the local police and they stated, if you have a bad council, there is nothing they can do as an officer is not allowed by UK law to tell someone to turn down music at any time unless they are playing it in the street or garden.

I tried to speak to the neighbour, he refuses to answer his door.

Any advice?

I've said this a few times on here, authority figures like councils and the police'll only listen but not like it when people take things into their own hands, even if it is peacefull, non-violent and well justified.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So stick some Motorhead or Slayer on full blast and try and wake the bastard up...

Bal-sagoth're a good alternative if you can get hold of some of their music.
    I've had complaints about this:-
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=StJUC-lBtlo
    (I recorded it too loud). Failing metal or tecno-rave music (and you DON'T WANT TO HEAR WHAT I DID TO Melba Moore's This Is It), you can always play a bit of One Direction Justin beiber or get yourself some music making software and a USB keyboard....
  • Options
    MaxatoriaMaxatoria Posts: 17,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    get some speakers and blast out "the guy at number 17 is a convicted paedo" on a loop...he'll be gone within a few hours for good or if not get some marshmallows ready to toast when they firebomb his house
  • Options
    Vast_GirthVast_Girth Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    Snow.drop wrote: »
    We moved into a detached house In a quiet area too. No neighbours and no noise!

We are moving on the 15th to a nice detached house away from our noisy, dirty, sweary chavtastic, screaming-argument having, scumlords of current neigbours! I cant fricking wait. Finally going to escape after 6 years!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Maxatoria wrote: »
    get some speakers and blast out "the guy at number 17 is a convicted paedo" on a loop...he'll be gone within a few hours for good or if not get some marshmallows ready to toast when they firebomb his house

D'you want to cause irreparable damage to somebody's life, destroy their marriage, have them put out of a job, have his kids taken away from him and him and driven to suicide? Because accuastions like that, even if total false, can do all I've underlined in bold italics.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    motsy wrote: »
    Bal-sagoth're a good alternative if you can get hold of some of their music.
    I've had complaints about this:-
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=StJUC-lBtlo
    (I recorded it too loud). Failing metal or tecno-rave music (and you DON'T WANT TO HEAR WHAT I DID TO Melba Moore's This Is It*), you can always play a bit of One Direction Justin beiber or get yourself some music making software and a USB keyboard....

*That WILL get some serious complaints and putting what I did to it up on Youtube (I didn't but I've still got in on my external hard drive somewhere... ) would probably get me sued by her, Youtube and the makers of the software and banned from making music on a computer ever again.
  • Options
    jabegyjabegy Posts: 6,201
    Forum Member
    So stick some Motorhead or Slayer on full blast and try and wake the bastard up...

When I had a noisy neighbour once, I found ^^that ^^ worked better with The Planet Suite on full blast with the speakers turned round facing the wall.