Options

The irritating, constant clapping along.

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    I totally agree, it's so annoying. :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 175
    Forum Member
    Why does a pivot cause the audience to go mental?
  • Options
    HelbrownHelbrown Posts: 3,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another show totally ruined by the inane clapping. Turned down the sound every time the dancers started......
  • Options
    Mrs-MopMrs-Mop Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still love strictly BUT feel it really has been "dumbed down"
    :mad::mad:

The earlier series didn't have the constant whooping, cheering, gasping and clapping throughout the routines and whilst guest stars sang, and was a better show for it IMO.:)

This may be grumpy old woman speaking but I really hate it
  • Options
    soulmate61soulmate61 Posts: 6,176
    Forum Member
    Mrs-Mop wrote: »
    The earlier series didn't have the constant whooping, cheering, gasping and clapping throughout the routines and whilst guest stars sang, and was a better show for it IMO.:)

In other shows it is well known that BBC plant persons in strategic places to jolly along with cheering, whistling, whooping.

A foxtrot is completely sabotaged by percussive clapping turning a sustained melodic phrase into a march.
    What's your next move BBC? God Save the Queen with clapalong?
  • Options
    HHGTTGHHGTTG Posts: 5,941
    Forum Member
    olivej wrote: »
    sadly the irriatating clapping in encouraged whole-heartedly by the floor staff!

Well, if I were they I'd ignore the floor staff, for a start.:mad:
  • Options
    Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,406
    Forum Member
    olivej wrote: »
    sadly the irriatating clapping in encouraged whole-heartedly by the floor staff!

And that would be the same floor staff who let the other competitors onto the stage area to ruin the Winner's presentation in the Grand final so Bruce had to get shirty to give Louis and Flavia room to do their celebration dance/ lift.

The BBC need to get a grip of the floor managers as they are clearly sadly lacking.
  • Options
    henrywilliams58henrywilliams58 Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tipi wrote: »
    its part and parcel of performing live and watching a live show - I don't see the issue with it.

Not really. At some live shows the programme notes suggest that the audience muffle their coughs with a handkerchief and not applaud during the pauses in the music.
  • Options
    holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it must happen the trick is to make it not seem staged - some performances elicit such a response because they're so good and the music invites clapping along but whenever you wonder what the clapping is about or it sounds like token clapping it makes everything seem false - like constant standing ovations: the more it happens the more it becomes meaningless or like over praising kids for being able to play a few notes on the recorder or muffle a few lines in a school play.
  • Options
    AmberPandaAmberPanda Posts: 461
    Forum Member
    Even worse are the endless and therefore meaningless standing ovations.
    Ah but they have to have those so "Sir Brucie the Ledgend" can keep saying look look look ....its all for you....look look look .....oh its wonderful......its driving me to drink :mad: