The Grumpy Old Women Thread... (Part 18)

Comments

• handymelonhandymelon Posts: 15,154
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    batgirl wrote: »
    ... if it's a choice between free or closed I'd happily pay to get in.

I think so, too.

Hopefully that will be the case for a number of others and they'll find a way to keep it open.

Has everybody else had summer weather today?
    I had to keep the windows open this afternoon and risk a load of dust blowing in where they were ploughing the field out the back - it was just too hot to have them closed!

I put a stairgate across the back door so i could make a through-draught for the kittens by having the garden door open, so trying (and failing) to climb over it has kept the two bigger ones amused all day. Manny is too little to try - he's about two-thirds the size of the others. Mind you, the way he packs his dinner away that won't last long! :D
  • KJ44KJ44 Posts: 38,093
    Forum Member

Hope all is well the GOWland and Hello to Farmer grump along
    KJ Since updating FF I cannot get it to keep my passwords been over settings can find out why any idea:):):)

PS Why is the time an hour out?:eek:

Hi Laura

I'd Google "firefox remember passwords". My guess is that you're in incognito or private mode, the one most people use when they don't want other people to see where they've visited. :D
    Forum Member
    handymelon wrote: »

It's glorious darn sarf, 25C at Gatwick as I type.

I wish I could get our two no-longer-needed piggy cages to you, they'd be great for kitties in the garden (with cover for shade).

I miss our piggies. :cry:
  • looney lauralooney laura Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    KJ44 wrote: »
    Hi Laura

I'd Google "firefox remember passwords". My guess is that you're in incognito or private mode, the one most people use when they don't want other people to see where they've visited. :D

Thanks KJ but its not that I checked will figure it out eventually.
    :D:D:D
  • jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    Thanks KJ but its not that I checked will figure it out eventually.
    :D:D:D

Hi there Laura. Tools/Options/Security in FF.

There's a tick/check box in there; 'Remember passwords for sites'.

See if that works.

Also set a 'Master password' for a bit more security.
    Forum Member
    It's very nice weather down here peeps. Glorious day.
  • SadpersonSadperson Posts: 12,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think so, too.

Hopefully that will be the case for a number of others and they'll find a way to keep it open.

I had to keep the windows open this afternoon and risk a load of dust blowing in where they were ploughing the field out the back - it was just too hot to have them closed!

I put a stairgate across the back door so i could make a through-draught for the kittens by having the garden door open, so trying (and failing) to climb over it has kept the two bigger ones amused all day. Manny is too little to try - he's about two-thirds the size of the others. Mind you, the way he packs his dinner away that won't last long! :D

Have I missed something or miscounted... am sure there were going to be two.....*goes back to re-read thread* ... still waiting patiently for you to put pics up :)

Warm, innit?

I've been bedbound for the best part of the week, some cruddy virus the daughter fetched back from Reading Festival with her. Am beginning to feel marginally more human but a little foggy around the ears. Predictably it's gone straight to both chest and sinuses so I'm getting very little sleep. Nothing new there.

Braved Sainsbury's tonight, while Mr Sad collects madam from work. I think for once he had the better deal.

On the plus side it's given me the kickstart I needed to renewing my diet vows :D All I have to do now is get another half a stone off and I'll be much more comfortable and won't have to buy a new winter wardrobe :)

Hugs to all MIA and grumpies past, present, future... yeah I'm in a good mood :p
  • looney lauralooney laura Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    jra wrote: »
    Hi there Laura. Tools/Options/Security in FF.

There's a tick/check box in there; 'Remember passwords for sites'.

See if that works.

Also set a 'Master password' for a bit more security.

Jra, done all that, that is why I can't understand why its not working, thanks for your help will try the settings again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, poor Sad! :(
    I thought you must be busy working - get well soon.

I shall put pics on Facebook as soon as I get a decent signal :)
  • snowy ghostsnowy ghost Posts: 40,066
    Forum Member
    yoo hoo all

hot here
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Supposed to be the last warm day for a while here - make the most of it, sun-worshippers!

I have an appointment with the Jobcentre plus people, so am on a document hunt. Sheesh!
    Forum Member
    Supposed to be the last warm day for a while here - make the most of it, sun-worshippers!

Overnight I became a sun worshipper. Well not overnight, as you can't see the sun at night, but the first thing the next morning.
    Forum Member
    evening pop pickers
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evening all. So, schools are back, students will soon be off to uni etc again... at this point I'd like to have a huge sense of achievement but somehow, I don't :D
  • batgirlbatgirl Posts: 42,248
    Forum Member

They're beautiful and smart. Fact. :D

It's definitely the end of summer here. It's peeing down and I'm trying to find a cosy cardie.

Boo hoo :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wore a fleece in town this morning :eek:

Don't read my post on the bat thread, BG :o

Saddette missed out on her theory test by 5 points short of a pass on the multiple choice section (ironically sailed through hazard perception which is meant to be harder). She's gutted, I'm thirty-one quid poorer. On the plus side I did find a rather lovely frock in M&S while she was having her test. Would've been rude not to as I have so many things it will go with and it only cost me a tenner more than the failed theory test. Bargain :D
    Forum Member
    Sadperson wrote: »
    I wore a fleece in town this morning :eek:

Don't read my post on the bat thread, BG :o

Saddette missed out on her theory test by 5 points short of a pass on the multiple choice section (ironically sailed through hazard perception which is meant to be harder). She's gutted, I'm thirty-one quid poorer. On the plus side I did find a rather lovely frock in M&S while she was having her test. Would've been rude not to as I have so many things it will go with and it only cost me a tenner more than the failed theory test. Bargain :D

MsKJ is taking driving lessons.

I read the post on the bat thread! :eek:

I posted this as an antidote. I think BG has seen it before.
    http://www.acuteaday.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/adorable-baby-bats-in-pockets.jpg
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MsKJ is taking driving lessons.

I read the post on the bat thread! :eek:

I posted this as an antidote. I think BG has seen it before.
    http://www.acuteaday.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/adorable-baby-bats-in-pockets.jpg

That row of disembodied heads isn't as cute as you think :eek: ;):D

Tell MsKJ when it comes to the theory test to practice, practice and practice some more. :cool: Saddette wishes she had. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    Grump.

MrsKJ is picking fights. My response, in crossword terms:

(1 across) "terse goodbye" 4,3

:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Women of a certain age don't pick fights :cool: :p:D
    Forum Member
    Had a gutter fitted this afternoon. :yawn: But it had to be done.

Now, I'm off to see my new girlfriend for something much more enjoyable.

But I can't stay long with her unfortunately, as she's going out with some of her female friends tonight. Well, it is a Friday.

Ah well. The trials of life.
    Forum Member
    TFIF
    Any one whatching CBB??
    Forum Member
    jra wrote: »
    Had a gutter fitted this afternoon. .

Gutted.
    Forum Member