Options

Emmerdale is ON FIRE!!! Number 1 SOAP!!

soapreturneesoapreturnee Posts: 421
Forum Member
Last night's intense scenes between Debbie and Chas is just the icing on the cake, Emmerdale is gone into overdrive with some fantastic plots and brilliant storylines, It really is number 1 at the moment!! Fair play to all involved!! :):)

Comments

• Options
    dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    Last night's intense scenes between Debbie and Chas is just the icing on the cake, Emmerdale is gone into overdrive with some fantastic plots and brilliant storylines, It really is number 1 at the moment!! Fair play to all involved!! :):)

Agree. I also loved the scenes with Cain (in a suit - swoons) and Charity. The chemistry between them is brilliant.
  • Options
    barrowgirlbarrowgirl Posts: 1,944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, let's just hope when the awards roll again they do better. They deserve it .
  • Options
    soapreturneesoapreturnee Posts: 421
    Forum Member
    They seriously need to get Best Soap at the British Soap Awards!!! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Debbie and Chas scenes were brilliant and Charlie Webb was excellent acting out Debbie's moment of realisation on Wednesday.

Charity and Cain scenes were great too.
  • Options
    gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Emmerdale is on fire"...

I read that and thought 'so THAT'S their big stunt for October!'

But, yes - Emmy is squaring up to 'Enders and streets ahead of Corrie at the moment.
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Put Cain and Charity back together, best couple in soap.
  • Options
    Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member
    Loving Emmerdale at the moment and some of the characters are brilliant and last night I couldn't wait for the adverts to wiz by so we could get to the second half.
  • Options
    biscuitfactorybiscuitfactory Posts: 29,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emmerdale's 'murder reveal' storyline is great but I've got to say I'm enjoying Coronation Street's more ( possibly because it's nearer to it's climax so is more exciting. I believe Emmerdale's is going to be dragged out for at least another week, with police bugging Debbie & Cameron's house)

When Corrie finished on Wednesday night with Dev bursting in to the registry office I was distraught when I realised there was no second episode that evening and I'd have to wait till Friday!!

Not feeling that with Emmerdale,really. Not yet anyway.
  • Options
    SaturnVSaturnV Posts: 11,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Way out in front of the others for me.
  • Options
    Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member
    Emmerdale's 'murder reveal' storyline is great but I've got to say I'm enjoying Coronation Street's more ( possibly because it's nearer to it's climax so is more exciting. I believe Emmerdale's is going to be dragged out for at least another week, with police bugging Debbie & Cameron's house)

When Corrie finished on Wednesday night with Dev bursting in to the registry office I was distraught when I realised there was no second episode that evening and I'd have to wait till Friday!!

Not feeling that with Emmerdale,really. Not yet anyway.

Yes I can see what you mean and I loved Dev on Wednesday :cool: roll on tonight :)

Corrie has always, always been my number 1 soap and in the past I have also loved Eastenders (not so much in recent years sadly) but this is the first time that Emmerdale has captured me so much and I have to admit that it is on a par with Corrie - and I never thought I would ever hear myself saying that.
  • Options
    biscuitfactorybiscuitfactory Posts: 29,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lucy Lou wrote: »
    Yes I can see what you mean and I loved Dev on Wednesday :cool: roll on tonight :)

Corrie has always, always been my number 1 soap and in the past I have also loved Eastenders (not so much in recent years sadly) but this is the first time that Emmerdale has captured me so much and I have to admit that it is on a par with Corrie - and I never thought I would ever hear myself saying that.

Fair do's :)
    I'd have to agree
    Like I said, I think it's a timing issue for me.

As for Emmerdale being no1 soap right at this moment..close but no cigar.
    Corrie holds that crown right now,imo.
  • Options
    H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emmerdale is on track to become no2 rated soap on TV, with more big stuff to come it looks like it will remain no2 for the rest o the year.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 414
    Forum Member
    Tuned into Emmerdale the other night for the first time in ages and I was totally hooked! Some of the scenes were brilliant and outstanding. Kept me on the edge of my seat! Gripping stuff and what fantastic actors / actress's and storylines. Emmerdale has gained a new viewer ha
  • Options
    maggiekmaggiek Posts: 2,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's been gripping for me! Ditto for CS. Really good stuff these days.
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    It's been my favourite for ages now. I do like Corrie with the Roy/Hayley storyline as well but Emmerdale overall is better. EE is wank right now and I barely watch it.
  • Options
    EESuperFanEESuperFan Posts: 2,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want to start watching again but i feel like I'll be so lost because there's been so many new characters recently and i haven't watched properly in years.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    EESuperFan wrote: »
    I want to start watching again but i feel like I'll be so lost because there's been so many new characters recently and i haven't watched properly in years.

This week would be a good starting point with the Cameron/Debbie/Chas storyline coming to a head.
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maggiek wrote: »
    It's been gripping for me! Ditto for CS. Really good stuff these days.

Hi maggie, hope all is well on your side of the pond. :)

I grew up with Corrie, almost from the beginning, so that will always be my No.1, but I can't deny since Kate Oates took over, ED has got equal billing with it for me.

I'm specially loving the Cain/Charity interaction - those two positively sizzle together and have great one-liners, eg Charity saying to Cain, 'it's fancy dress, I came as you'.:D

Also great (and long overdue) to see Jimmy and KneeCo getting some screen time. Again, they are great together and I nearly fell off my chair laughing when KneeCo said, 'what am I going to eat'? and Jimmy replied, 'grass, like all the other silly cows out there'. :D

Brilliant at the moment, long may it continue. :cool:
  • Options
    sybilvimessybilvimes Posts: 581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's brilliant at the minute but Moira is getting on my nerves. Has she really forgotten that Aaron took the rap for the garage fire to save Adam? Adam never done anything illegal! She has to be joking.
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sybilvimes wrote: »
    It's brilliant at the minute but Moira is getting on my nerves. Has she really forgotten that Aaron took the rap for the garage fire to save Adam? Adam never done anything illegal! She has to be joking.

Yes, that was really silly - has the woman no shame? :rolleyes:

I didn't like her giving Cain such a hefty slap either and the two police officers who stood there without saying a word should get a long stint on traffic duty too. :mad:
  • Options
    GlendarrochGlendarroch Posts: 20,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sybilvimes wrote: »

Moira acts like Adam's still fifteen, and being led astray by the local bad lads. I suppose that's quite natural, but she really does need to accept that he's all grown up now and making his own decisions.
  • Options
    CollieWobblesCollieWobbles Posts: 27,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emmerdale is way way better than the other soaps since KO took over, long may she reign:) Corrie isn't bad, but the Hayley story is horrendous and not enjoyable to watch (the actual storyline not the acting) and killer Karl is cartoony and panto compared to killer Cameron. Do I care if Karl did Sunita in on her hospital bed and burnt down the pub? Not really. Cameron on the other hand, I can't wait to see him get his comeuppance!
  • Options
    Bobby_MarzBobby_Marz Posts: 2,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOVING Emmerdale it's been on a roll for a while now.
    Kate has done AMAZING things!!
  • Options
    SoozycatSoozycat Posts: 329
    Forum Member
    Emmerdale is indeed on a roll, and Cain and Charity being paired up again is great. They have good banter. And Cain in a suit. PHWOAR
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Is Katie the first woman in charge of a soap who has done well?