It's very easy for all you privileged people to defend Audley

scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
Forum Member
✭✭✭
If you were in as difficult a position as Kellie, you'd understand why what Audley said was offensive.

Yes it's difficult for Audley to adapt, and that's natural seeing as he's known and worked with 'Frank' for so many years. I'm not suggesting he should feel completely at ease with it all from the word go. But the fact that he's used his discomfort and used it as an excuse to try and get Kellie out of the house - that's offensive.

It's like saying you wouldn't sit next to a gay person on a bus because you have homophobic tendencies. It's disgusting, and I'm so glad that BB called him out on it.

I'm sure the majority of DS will get on their ignorant high horses and accuse me of being ridiculous. But take it from someone who's experienced these kind of comments from their own family and in their own home - they're completely out of line and incredibly offensive. Audley should keep those thoughts to himself.

Comments

• jaybee2jaybee2 Posts: 1,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scratchy23 wrote: »
    If you were in as difficult a position as Kellie, you'd understand why what Audley said was offensive.

Yes it's difficult for Audley to adapt, and that's natural seeing as he's known and worked with 'Frank' for so many years. I'm not suggesting he should feel completely at ease with it all from the word go. But the fact that he's used his discomfort and used it as an excuse to try and get Kellie out of the house - that's offensive.

It's like saying you wouldn't sit next to a gay person on a bus because you have homophobic tendencies. It's disgusting, and I'm so glad that BB called him out on it.

I'm sure the majority of DS will get on their ignorant high horses and accuse me of being ridiculous. But take it from someone who's experienced these kind of comments from their own family and in their own home - they're completely out of line and incredibly offensive. Audley should keep those thoughts to himself.

BiB - he was trying to. It was BB that put him on the spot.

I have other thoughts on this, but won't bother since you've already decided that anyone with an opposing point of view is ignorant.
  • Brandy211Brandy211 Posts: 1,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frank refused to go to Camden before because there were too many Gays. That was disgusting!
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member

http://www.anorak.co.uk/404414/politicians/when-ukips-would-be-london-mayor-frank-maloney-hated-bitching-gays.html/

Part of that article ....

Gay Conservatives have called on the UK Independence Party to sack their London mayoral candidate over his “homophobic” comments. Frank Maloney said he would not be campaigning in the borough of Camden because there are “too many gays”. His claims prompted the Gay Tories to brand him a “dangerous extremist” who “should resign or be sacked”…

"But Mr Maloney defended his remarks… “I have said I don’t want to campaign around gays because I don’t think they will vote for me. I don’t think they do a lot for society. I don’t have a problem with gays, what I have a problem with is them openly flaunting their sexuality… I’m more for traditional family values and family life. I’m anti same-sex marriages and I’m anti same-sex families… If you are homosexual, you are homosexual – just get on with your life and stop bitching about things.”

Well personally - I find those remarks quite offensive!
  • Pea1Pea1 Posts: 383
    Forum Member
    What goes around comes around.
  • Nearly NewNearly New Posts: 1,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kellie truly is a disgusting individual.
    If you are homosexual, you are homosexual – just get on with your life and stop bitching about things!

If only she heeded her own advice. She's not averse to milking her transsexual status rather than getting on with it!
  • abarthmanabarthman Posts: 8,501
    Forum Member
    Brandy211 wrote: »
    Frank refused to go to Camden before because there were too many Gays. That was disgusting!
    But Frank is a completely different person.

Kellie is not accountable for all the nasty things that Frank might have said and done.

That's the way it works.
  • The FBIThe FBI Posts: 2,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    abarthman wrote: »

Kellie is not accountable for all the nasty things that Frank might have said and done.

That's the way it works.

They are not two different people.
  • KT_DogKT_Dog Posts: 6,385
    Forum Member
    Blimey, what's the definition of priviledged now? Not being transgender?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 245
    Forum Member
    Nobody is entitled to not be offended.
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    I do agree OP that nominating Kellie because he is uncomfortable is a tad dodgy but I suppose it seemed to him a legitimate reason to nominate. I just think it would be better for this to be discussed like adults as opposed to Audley being told off.

Someone has mentioned that Frank was quite the homophobe and Kellie has said that going through what she has had made her more open minded, well isn't Audley allowed time to open his mind :cool:
  • **JennaJ****JennaJ** Posts: 5,041
    Forum Member
    Well that backfired nicely...:p
  • clitheroe1clitheroe1 Posts: 4,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Orgy has shown Kellie Malone a lot more respect than she has shown gay people. Kellie, when she was Frank, was quoted as saying "I don't want to campaign around gays...I don't think they do a lot for society." All Orgy was saying was that it will take him a while to adjust to Kellie's change in gender identity. Of the 2, I think Kellie has more to be ashamed of in respect of accepting sexual diversity than Orgy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,609
    Forum Member

What does homosexuality have to do with transgenderism?

Audley was just fine to speak his mind. I prefer he spoke his mind rather than he isolate or ostracise Kelly. Also, he has no issues with Kelly, only that certain situations make him feel awkward.

:confused:
  • puppetangelpuppetangel Posts: 2,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.anorak.co.uk/404414/politicians/when-ukips-would-be-london-mayor-frank-maloney-hated-bitching-gays.html/

Gay Conservatives have called on the UK Independence Party to sack their London mayoral candidate over his “homophobic” comments. Frank Maloney said he would not be campaigning in the borough of Camden because there are “too many gays”. His claims prompted the Gay Tories to brand him a “dangerous extremist” who “should resign or be sacked”…

"But Mr Maloney defended his remarks… “I have said I don’t want to campaign around gays because I don’t think they will vote for me. I don’t think they do a lot for society. I don’t have a problem with gays, what I have a problem with is them openly flaunting their sexuality… I’m more for traditional family values and family life. I’m anti same-sex marriages and I’m anti same-sex families… If you are homosexual, you are homosexual – just get on with your life and stop bitching about things.”

Wow I've just read the whole article....so shocked. How could you say all that if you felt your whole life you where a woman and want to be accepted. And she called Leslie a Queen!
  • Nat28Nat28 Posts: 2,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KT_Dog wrote: »

Haha I thought that too
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    abarthman wrote: »

That's the way it works.

She still stands by some of what Frank believed though ...

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2014/08/15/kellie-maloney-im-not-homophobic-but-i-dont-think-same-sex-couples-should-have-children/

Its odd - but whenever you read about a child being abused - and sometimes killed by a parent - or a partner of a parent - I've never read of one of them being from a same-sex family!
  • goldylookinfishgoldylookinfish Posts: 2,878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow I've just read the whole article....so shocked. How could you say all that if you felt your whole life you where a woman and want to be accepted. And she called Leslie a Queen!

It doesn't add up.
  • zeebrazeebra Posts: 6,885
    Forum Member
    You aren't alone Scratchy23. I've discussed this with my trans son, and we both came to the conclusion that Audley's reason for nominating Kellie was offensive, but we also think it was said more in ignorance than malice. Obviously when you are familiar with the issues that trans people have to face day in, day out, when things like that are said it is glaringly obvious to you that it crosses a line. Most people only see a brief glimpse of it on a reality show, so when the target (Kellie) is not a particularly likable person, it can be difficult to see what exactly is causing offence.

I'm glad he and Kellie have managed to sort out their differences today and I do think Audley was genuine in his apology.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,609
    Forum Member

UKIP! Now I know that Kelly is quite mad! :o
  • vanoravanora Posts: 1,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If your child came home and say I'm gay, most people don't hug them first and I'll still love you, its a shock and takes time to walk through. Plus your remark about not sitting next to a gay on a bus, how do you know what they look like or is it you perceived of idea of what they look like, my daughter is gay but if you sat next to her on a bus you would not know, most are NOT stereotyped. So get of your high horse not all gays look like you flipping think, most gays look normal like me, a heterosexual>:(>:(>:(>:(
  • puppetangelpuppetangel Posts: 2,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/3666155.stm

He said while he did not have a problem with a lot of parades in London, "there is a problem with gay parades".

"I object to seeing policemen in uniform holding hands in public - it's not a family way of life and we should support the family more.

"If a policeman and a policewoman in uniform were walking along holding hands in public they'd be pulled up.

"I'm not homophobic, but in public let's live a proper moral life - I think that's important."

But Mr Maloney told BBC News Online he had no intention of quitting the race for London mayor.

"What's it got to do with them? The Gay Conservatives are not going to vote for me anyway," he said.

"I have said I don't want to campaign around gays because I don't think they will vote for me.

"I don't think they do a lot for society. I don't have a problem with gays, what I have a problem with is them openly flaunting their sexuality.

"I will go to Camden. I'm not a career politician - I'm not going to say one thing one day. I said it as an off the record remark.

"I'm more for traditional family values and family life. I'm anti same-sex marriages and I'm anti same-sex families.

"I don't think it's right for children to be brought up that way. I don't think two men can bring up a child.

"If you are homosexual, you are homosexual - just get on with your life and stop bitching about things."
  • MargMckMargMck Posts: 24,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I made such a major lifestyle choice I would hope for as much support as possible from friends and family. But while you might look for their understanding you also have to take on board that even the most supportive might also struggle at times with the change.
    It's a two way street - if people are doing their best (as Audley clearly is) and on your side, that's good enough. Anything else is selfish and Kellie is overly defensive with people who are actually on side.
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do agree OP that nominating Kellie because he is uncomfortable is a tad dodgy but I suppose it seemed to him a legitimate reason to nominate. I just think it would be better for this to be discussed like adults as opposed to Audley being told off.

Someone has mentioned that Frank was quite the homophobe and Kellie has said that going through what she has had made her more open minded, well isn't Audley allowed time to open his mind :cool:
    Yes, Kellie did say that she used to have the opinions expressed in the article quoted above but that she no longer holds the same views and is ashamed of them.

I agree with your post, Audley didn't know about Kellie until he walked into the house, I agree he should be allowed time to adjust, as I'm sure Kellie's family and friends - and, of course, Kellie herself - have had time to adjust or may still be adjusting.

However, it's really not a valid reason for nomination and I agreed with Kellie in the clip that they just showed on BOTS earlier.
  • sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KT_Dog wrote: »

My thoughts entirely. A better understanding of the English language wouldn't come amiss.
  • Spidey1Spidey1 Posts: 2,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The FBI wrote: »
    They are not two different people.

That says it all.