Options

We couldn't wait to get rid of Brucie - does anyone else miss him now that he's gone?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,820
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have to say, I just can't take to Tess doing Bruce's role. When she mentioned him tonight I had a little thought and realised I actually quite miss him. Anyone else feel the same?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    While I don't like Tess in the role, I certainly don't miss Bruce.
  • Options
    fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    No I don't miss him at all. He was good for a time, but it was the right time to go.
  • Options
    ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    I miss him like Manchester misses the rain. ☁☂
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 240
    Forum Member
    fefster wrote: »
    No I don't miss him at all. He was good for a time, but it was the right time to go.

My thoughts exactly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I miss him, but you're all right, it was his time to go. I think it's just Tess being pretty rubbish (no offence - lovely lady) that's making me miss him.
  • Options
    MayDMayD Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope, not in the slightest
  • Options
    StarpussStarpuss Posts: 12,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't miss him. He hung on for too long. If he had retired even a couple of years ago we might have missed him but especially last year it all got a bit painful to watch.
  • Options
    coppertop1coppertop1 Posts: 4,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No not at all and the thought he is supposed to be back for some shows is depressing me
  • Options
    lougarrylougarry Posts: 256
    Forum Member
    In a word? No. I genuinely feared he was going to die on air.

Tess, sadly, isn't improving as I hoped she might. Such a shame the show would never get Graham Norton.
  • Options
    MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, don't miss him at all. Just enjoying watching the show without being poised to hit the mute button.
  • Options
    StykerStyker Posts: 49,869
    Forum Member
    No I don't miss him. I think Tess is better and I'm glad they are no longer doing those scripted jokes which often fell flat and was quite cringe worthy to watch as a result. :D

Though it did make me laugh when Brucie once introduced Rachel Stevens "As here is one fit hottie" and he ended up saying innit! Dave Arch looked back twice in shock and with a big frozen laugh on his face! :D
  • Options
    Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    No offence to Tess but her as main presenter is just not working.
  • Options
    s.mouses.mouse Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    Nope I don't miss him at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scorpio2 wrote: »
    No offence to Tess but her as main presenter is just not working.

It's really not working AT ALL. When Bruce told jokes, they were scripted and terrible but when Tess does the exact same I just cringe. I cringed with Bruce too, but I think he knew he was failing, which made it slightly ok to watch. Tess is just so scripted and wooden.
  • Options
    Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Daisy_M wrote: »
    While I don't like Tess in the role, I certainly don't miss Bruce.

This.
  • Options
    Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In a word No.

I'm not sure Tess is right as she isn't very spontaneous but I wouldn't have Bruce back for all the Tea in China
  • Options
    broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, Tess is far worse..
  • Options
    peevepeeve Posts: 3,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't miss Bruce at all. While I don't care for the scripted jokes that seem to be his legacy, nor Tess's laboured delivery of them, they don't dominate the show as Bruce did.

Mostly, I don't even notice the presenting - and that, in my book, is high praise.
  • Options
    davegolddavegold Posts: 3,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brucie can safely enjoy his retirement. No need to have him back at all.
  • Options
    daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,641
    Forum Member
    YES! Very much so. Brucie gave the show some extra fizz- corny old jokes and all. The girls do a good job, but nothing special. There is definitely something missing. :(
  • Options
    *Laura**Laura* Posts: 45,152
    Forum Member
    Funnily enough I was watching some of the old clips on Youtube and when comparing them to this series I have to admit there is "something" missing from the show. I don't know if it's the comfort of the familiarity of Brucie or that Tess is trying too hard either way the show does seem to have lost a little of it's sparkle now he's not around.

I was one of those who didn't want him to go but, could see why he might irk a lot of viewers. However, there were lots of things he did which were funny and I thought it was lovely last year when (super-cool) Natalie squealed like a school girl when he said "don't tell the others but you're my favourite". :D There was a warmth to the early series of SCD which gave it a cosy feeling, and as "polished" as Tess is imho the programme does feel a little sterile because of the "professionalism".
  • Options
    MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NO! Next question.
  • Options
    holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not one bit, not for one moment.
  • Options
    maggie_07maggie_07 Posts: 1,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No not in the slightest. He was well past his best and it was time for a change.
  • Options
    CressidaCressida Posts: 3,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brucie left huge dancing shoes to fill when he stepped down and seeing the master back on Strictly at Christmas will be awesome. :D