Who else is sick of football?

Comments

• Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,389
    Forum Member
    Club football is dead

Lost all interest when the billionnaires started buying clubs

Once you realise that Reading would be top of the Premier League right now had Abramovich bought them rather than Chelsea, it kills the game.

International football is better.
  • jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Funny I'm of the opposite view. Love club football, not fussy either way on how Ireland do.

Opposite happens with rugby, don't mind seeing the 4 Irish sides do well but not bothered too much if they lose but love international rugby.
  • howard hhoward h Posts: 23,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pitman wrote: »
    , a pie at half time was two guineas

Mine had beef in it..........tish boom :D

:blush:
  • sodavlacsodavlac Posts: 10,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My interest has waned over the years.

When I was a kid I'd watch all the games I could on tv which wasn't that many in 80s and my dad started to take me Old Trafford from '87 onwards which became a regular thing.

In my teens we got cable and Sky Sports - was still going to Old Trafford and was then watching everything I could on Sky. I continued the same way well into my twenties when I was paying for everything myself.

In my later twenties my interest level started declining a bit, going less often and watching less.

Into my thirties I pretty much stopped going, realised I wasn't often watching the matches but still had them on in the background whilst surfing the internet.

I'm now 35 and cancelled all Sky Sports two seasons ago, I don't go anymore despite being only a couple of miles away from the ground, don't even watch Match of the Day. I still watch United matches but on dodgy streams. Will occasionally tune into a match on the telly but not really that often. I have to be really in the mood for it if it's not Manchester United.

Used to be on loads of football forums too, even moderated on one - don't go on them at all now.

I do still keep up with football news a fair bit through the radio as I often have 5live or Talksport on if listening to anything , they're my primary source of info about the game now.
  • xxtimboxxtimbo Posts: 8,877
    Forum Member
    You ve got to hand it to football....... it gets great crowd attendance
    often of freezing winter nights..........

1 Manchester Utd... 75,336
    2 Arsenal................. 59,997
    3 Newcastle Utd.... 51,021
    4 Manchester City 45,521
    5 Liverpool ........... 44,673
    6 Sunderland........ 42,795
    7 Chelsea ............ 41,547

Average attendance figures..............
  • noise747noise747 Posts: 30,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    Do you seriously think that this would happen?

No, but it would be nice.
    That's why broadcasters fight/bid to be able to show something, so people will come flocking to their channel to watch it, especially when it comes to football. I seriously doubt Sky would let any other broadcaster show a football match if Sky had the rights to it. That's what bidding for popular TV content is all about, knowing that that content will only be shown on a channel that's being broadcast by your organisation.

But it is the public that loses out, not only are they paying sky high prices to watch sport, but if they want to watch alll the matches or sport they have to get more than one platform and if Virgin bids, how are people who can not get cable going to watch them?

Come to think of it, how are people who can't get a good broadband speed going too watch them on BT vision?

sport should be available to all, which is why my idea is a good idea, but it would stop greedy F.A and other sport organisations making even more millions of pounds

Do you really not agree with that, surly if you are a sport fan you would want to be able to get your sport on any platform at a decent price?

I like motor racing, but there is no way on this earth that I would pay Sky for a full package just to watch F1, I have not watched F1 for almost three years.
  • 19Nick6819Nick68 Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a Leicester City Season Ticket holder, this season yes I am.

Although a lot of people would argue what we have produced over the last couple of months could hardly be described as football.
  • Gregg-Pieman9Gregg-Pieman9 Posts: 32,236
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It annoys me when media, players, managers whinge about there workload and that players are overplayed and get to tired. Like Louis van gaal moaned last week about the christmas fixtures being to crammed together and he would'nt get time to spend with family. Maybe he should of thought about that before the cheque in the bank
  • PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It annoys me when media, players, managers whinge about there workload and that players are overplayed and get to tired. Like Louis van gaal moaned last week about the christmas fixtures being to crammed together and he would'nt get time to spend with family. Maybe he should of thought about that before the cheque in the bank

annoying isn't the word, you'd think earning £100k a week they'd happily forego a bit of turkey and christmas pudding, van Gaal should be thanking his lucky stars he is around today, he couldn't lace Rinus Michels boots as a manager but probably earns about 100 times more than he did :p
    Forum Member
    Lets face it ....... greed rules sport in this modern digital era

Look at the ECB who rule cricket.... they sold out the fans by making big money
    deals with sky tv .............

test matches used to be free to air and available to everyone

now you need to pay sky a wad every month to get to see the tests

the ECB of course say.... with this deal we can put money into grass roots cricket ....
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am only unhappy when my team loses. :(
    Forum Member
    45,000 for man city ?

I thought they d moved to a spanking new stadium ...
    surely the capacity is bigger than that ?
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    xxtimbo wrote: »
    45,000 for man city ?

Their stadium is fairly new and was purchased by the country.
  • Hank1234Hank1234 Posts: 3,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shackfan wrote: »
    Cool story bro.
    By the way the football season has just finished so you might get your wish...... till August :D

No it's not?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hank1234 wrote: »
    No it's not?

It had when the thread was started in May 2013.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    45,000 for man city ?

At the moment it is, being expanded for 2015 season to 62000.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_of_Manchester_Stadium
  • Hank1234Hank1234 Posts: 3,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woodbush wrote: »
    It had when the thread was started in May 2013.

Why do people bump threads?
  • jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Changed my mind. I'm sick of football.
    Forum Member
    The City of Manchester Stadium in Manchester, England,

also known as the Etihad Stadium

capacity 60,000........ Man City avge attendance 45,521

Looks like the ice blues just aint filling it.... week in week out !
  • postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never understood the attraction of football, so no, I can't say I'm sick of it because I never pay any attention to the game.
    Forum Member
    Liverpool ........... 44,673 AVGE attendance.... looks small beer alongside
    Man U s 75,000

I bet if Liverpool get a new stadium built with 80, 000 capacity they ll prob fill it
    each week.
  • Andrew1954Andrew1954 Posts: 5,448
    Forum Member
    Yep. I'm sick of football. I've always disliked it. I thought it was a lousy game when I played it at school. Other sports and activities were more fun and more interesting. I dislike the way football muscles its boring way into news (sport isn't news any more than is watching paint dry) and the way it disrupts the TV schedules generally. I detest everything about it. I even hate the sound of it. If I accidentally stumble across it whilst channel hopping I can't change channel fast enough.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The City of Manchester Stadium in Manchester, England,

also known as the Etihad Stadium

capacity 60,000........ Man City avge attendance 45,521

Looks like the ice blues just aint filling it.... week in week out !

Didn't you look at the link I posted, it's restricted due to expansion works.
    Forum Member
    WIKI says the capacity is 60,000

you mean they are expanding a measly 2000 ... to 62,000 ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WIKI says the capacity is 60,000

you mean they are expanding a measly 2000 ... to 62,000 ?

It doesn't. Was 48000 and now restricted to 45500 during expansion work to 62000.