Options

Euan Blair gets married - so what?

SirMickTravisSirMickTravis Posts: 2,607
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I see the BBC has this up on the front page of its website. Am I missing something? A guy most people wouldn't recognise in the street and who we know almost nothing about, has gotten married. Of course you would expect some media interest given who his father is, but this level? Could dark forces be at work? Are we seeing the attempt to rehabilitate the character of Blair by some of our media establishment? Trying to remind us that's he's part of the establishment now whether we like it or not?

Comments

• Options
    BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You could have gone the whole hog and posted the link as well!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    you don't want the link - cherrie is so happy she even more smiley than usual.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would have been nice to have had the link. Here's one.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/429661/Sian-Lloyd-puzzled-over-Euan-Blair-s-wedding-rejection

According to reports, Sian Lloyd, the bride's stepmother, was uninvited after being invited. If this was the case and Sian didn't do anything wrong before the wedding, I wouldn't bother much with the stepdaughter. I think she could have demanded that Sian remained invited. Unless something happened beforehand perhaps.
  • Options
    John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Daily Mail site is seething with comments about this 'event',very amusing to read they're also not very impressed with Prince William's decision to quit 'Search and rescue' in order to take a 'transitional year' off.:o

Pippa Middleton gets a good slagging too!:):cool:;)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2420728/Tony-Blair-kisses-son-Euan-wedding-theres-sign-brides-step-mother-Sian-Lloyd.html
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,062
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really can't think that this story is particularly newsworthy, but I hope that any expense the Blairs expended on the wedding was from their own pockets.
  • Options
    ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/429661/Sian-Lloyd-puzzled-over-Euan-Blair-s-wedding-rejection

According to reports, Sian Lloyd, the bride's stepmother, was uninvited after being invited. If this was the case and Sian didn't do anything wrong before the wedding, I wouldn't bother much with the stepdaughter. I think she could have demanded that Sian remained invited. Unless something happened beforehand perhaps.

I think it most likely the Bride wanted her mother there and having Sian too would've proved awkward.
    I notice that Euan is hoping to become an MP next election, like Jack Straw's son Will and John Prescott's lad David. Nice work if you can get it...
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shrike wrote: »
    I notice that Euan is hoping to become an MP next election, like Jack Straw's son Will and John Prescott's lad David. Nice work if you can get it...

Should the children of MPs be banned from becoming MPs themselves then??
  • Options
    John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    MJS wrote: »
    I really can't think that this story is particularly newsworthy, but I hope that any expense the Blairs expended on the wedding was from their own pockets.

Blair expected people to pay £10 for use of a minibus at his son Leo's birthday in 2011.
    And we ALL pay for the odious man's police protection 24/7!:mad:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2005804/Tony-Blair-charges-children-10-attend-sons-party-6m-country-mansion.html
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MJS wrote: »

The Blairs have never dipped into their own pockets in their lives.

I wouldn't be surprised if they charged people board and lodging to attend
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it most likely the Bride wanted her mother there and having Sian too would've proved awkward.

Just like Douglas Hurd's son, and various other Tories, then.
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Blairs are odious characters. I hope their children are nicer people.
  • Options
    oblivianoblivian Posts: 4,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No different from the huge amounts of coverage thatchers spawn received in the 80s really is it?
    Just hope the junior Blairs are nicer people than the thatcher children.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The article said that Sian wasn't given an explanation for the snub. I think they could have told her why.
  • Options
    Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »

Yes, it's unfair to us ordinary folk who may want to represent the constituentcy at Westminster, still being the fugly son of a mass murdering vile brown envelope taking scumbag has its benefits.
  • Options
    Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    The Blairs are odious characters. I hope their children are nicer people.

Only the daughter is pleasant, this euan moron is apparently a arrogant bellend of the highest order.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think the political parties themselves should think carefully before allowing political dynasties to evolve. The general public is already pretty disenchanted with politicians who seem to have little 'real life' experience who seemingly have existed their entire adult life in the "Westminster Bubble". With these next generation family members they seem to have been in the Bubble from birth...
  • Options
    tsarinatsarina Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think the Blairs realise quite how much they are despised ...
  • Options
    Baz OBaz O Posts: 1,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are the Blair's despised? I don't even have an opinion about them if I am being honest. I did find it strange that they would suddenly decide to dis-invite someone ... why ask them in the first place?

In my family my cousins Mother and Father are divorced so if my daughter decided to get married we would have to either invite one or the other because they both hate each others guts. If it was up to me I would invite both of them so neither accepted :D
  • Options
    tsarinatsarina Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    [QUOTE=Baz O;68686137]Are the Blair's despised? I don't even have an opinion about them if I am being honest. I did find it strange that they would suddenly decide to dis-invite someone ... why ask them in the first place?

In my family my cousins Mother and Father are divorced so if my daughter decided to get married we would have to either invite one or the other because they both hate each others guts. If it was up to me I would invite both of them so neither accepted :D[/QUOTE]

I guess it's because I read the Mail online - but then I guess the people who comment on there despise everyone. ;)

I despise him for his arrogance and general money grabbing me me me behaviour. I think he was actually a good politician and could certainly 'speak', a lot of his policies were nicked from the Tories so can't comment on those either. He, like Margaret Thatcher before him, was in power too long - went to their heads.

Re, the wedding, I guess step parents are always an issue. We don't know the real story but if she was invited and then uninvited for 'no reason', that is pretty bad.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »

According to the Mirror:

But more worrying perhaps was the forecast that Suzanne's TV weather girl stepmum Sian Lloyd would turn up despite being reportedly barred after a major fall-out with the bride.

Sian, 55, who is married to Suzanne's father Jonathan Ashman, apparently made comments about the bride's mother at a pre-wedding family dinner. But she was nowhere to be seen as the couple left All Saints Church in Wotton Underwood.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/tony-blairs-son-euan-marries-2274364
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the political parties themselves should think carefully before allowing political dynasties to evolve. The general public is already pretty disenchanted with politicians who seem to have little 'real life' experience who seemingly have existed their entire adult life in the "Westminster Bubble". With these next generation family members they seem to have been in the Bubble from birth...

That's not their fault though
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's not their fault though

No, but given there are only about 650 MPs, about 1 in 100,000 of the population, it does seem a bit suspect that so many are apparently set to follow their parents into the house.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sian needs to shut up. I am sure she knows why she was uninvited after receiving an invitation. She might think it didn't rise to the level of being uninvited so is saying she doesn't really know.

Be dignified instead of trying to ruin your stepdaughter's wedding by airing dirty nonsense laundry in the papers.

I am indifferent to all the parties and did like Blair generally but thought he got it badly wrong on Iraq. However, I just don't like other people ruining a couple's day with nonsense like what Sian is doing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, but given there are only about 650 MPs, about 1 in 100,000 of the population, it does seem a bit suspect that so many are apparently set to follow their parents into the house.

Personally I don't see it being any different from any other child going into the same line of work as their parents