Options

Paul O Grady Show Start date

Comments

• Options
    kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was quite surprised to see Paul's afternoon programme making a return because he once said he wasn't so keen on early shows because he had to be so careful what he said, etc. He preferred his late evening shows when he could be more himself.

Glad he is back though, I like Paul. I really REALLY do not like Joan Collins though. She lives on a totally different planet to most people! Will be switching off the second she appears!
  • Options
    IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well that will be the DVD recorder working on overtime then.

How many episodes will this series be just so I know how many blank disks to pick up.

Nah I record it on my V+. I don't get home until after 6pm so have to record it and watch it back later in the evening. I can't remember how many weeks it was on for last year, maybe a couple of months or so?.
  • Options
    Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    kaycee wrote: »
    I was quite surprised to see Paul's afternoon programme making a return because he once said he wasn't so keen on early shows because he had to be so careful what he said, etc. He preferred his late evening shows when he could be more himself.

Glad he is back though, I like Paul. I really REALLY do not like Joan Collins though. She lives on a totally different planet to most people! Will be switching off the second she appears!

What she's a legend! Did you not watch Dynasty? I don't get all the hate she gets on here? :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IzzyS wrote: »
    Nah I record it on my V+. I don't get home until after 6pm so have to record it and watch it back later in the evening. I can't remember how many weeks it was on for last year, maybe a couple of months or so?.

I dont have a V+ sadly and if im out I have to rely on a timer (Yes im probably the only one who does still use a timer).
  • Options
    kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sunny B wrote: »
    What she's a legend! Did you not watch Dynasty? I don't get all the hate she gets on here? :confused:

I watched the first few episodes of Dynasty before ditching it for the rubbish it was.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Joan on todays show?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Is Joan on todays show?

Nope, Bruce Forsythe unfortunately ^_^
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope, Bruce Forsythe unfortunately ^_^

Whats so bad with Brucey? Hes a icon in British TV. Always loved watching Play Your cards Right!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Whats so bad with Brucey? Hes a icon in British TV. Always loved watching Play Your cards Right!

Yeah I loved Price Is Right but he's been on loads! Surprised it's not live, wasn't the last series live at 5?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it was something like 2 days live 3 days pre recorded.
  • Options
    NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surprised it's not live, wasn't the last series live at 5?

It’s as live as it’s ever been, 3 live shows a week, with the other 2 shows pre-recorded, no change for this series.

They are normally in the studio Monday to Wednesday, with live shows at 5pm these days and Thursday/Fridays shows recorded at lunchtimes on these days. Although its not a strict pattern as they are doing a live show on Friday 9th May for example.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With Paul off for the past few months why hasent ITV just reaired a older series.

They were doing this when he defected to Channel 4.
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,552
    Forum Member

I like Brucey.

I really like POG but the screaming on the show puts me off. I will tune in as he has a few good guests on this week.
  • Options
    NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With Paul off for the past few months why hasent ITV just reaired a older series.

They were doing this when he defected to Channel 4.

Because The Chase actually gets more viewers than The Paul O’Grady Show, compared to the last series anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    I like Brucey.

I really like POG but the screaming on the show puts me off. I will tune in as he has a few good guests on this week.

It would be a better show if they got rid of the annoying audience.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NoEntry2k wrote: »
    Because The Chase actually gets more viewers than The Paul O’Grady Show, compared to the last series anyway.

Why? All it seems to be is a gameshow where a constant is answering questions while this fat slob keeps trying to stop them.

Looks so fixed. He probably knows half the answers.
  • Options
    Mr_EyeMr_Eye Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why? All it seems to be is a gameshow where a constant is answering questions while this fat slob keeps trying to stop them.

Looks so fixed. He probably knows half the answers.

Well yes, thats rather the point of the show.
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr_Eye wrote: »
    Well yes, thats rather the point of the show.

:D:D:D
  • Options
    nethwennethwen Posts: 23,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aww, I'm so pleased that Paul's show is back. He is cheering me up already and he's only been back 5 minutes. :D

Paul and Olga both looking very well.

I'm looking forward to seeing Sir Brucie, as I really like him, but never watched SCD (not keen on dancing programmes on TV too much).
  • Options
    dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,281
    Forum Member
    Good to have Paul back :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I like Kristin Davis, her and Paul both love their animals :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How typical of Paul wanting to take one of those rabbits home with him - to add to his menagerie. :D

How gorgeous are those runny babbits.

Now on to poor elephants. :(
  • Options
    BluejuBlueju Posts: 773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im enjoying this....the audience seems more controlled than in the past. Hope it continues like this throughout the run.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He said he's back for 5 weeks so last show will be Friday 30th May. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here comes the legend. :D