Can i ( ipod)

Adam DAdam D Posts: 5,124
Forum Member
MY ipod is faulty and warranty is soon to be ending,
I don't want the same replacement one or the new ipod nano. I would like the touch but pc world are taking forever to get them in at my local store,

I have the box and reciept, Is te only place i can take it back pcworld?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 167
    Forum Member
    You can take it back to PC world or to an Apple Service Centre for repair under the 12 month guarantee. You will NOT be able to swap it for another model, and you will NOT get a refund.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 319
    Forum Member
    It would be a wonderful world if you could get the new version of something for free when you give them back the old broken one. afraid its only happening in your dreams there my friend.
  • Daveoc64Daveoc64 Posts: 15,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Adam D wrote: »
    MY ipod is faulty and warranty is soon to be ending,
    I don't want the same replacement one or the new ipod nano. I would like the touch but pc world are taking forever to get them in at my local store,

I have the box and reciept, Is te only place i can take it back pcworld?

As above, you wont get a different model as a replacement unless you purchased an extended warranty that allows you to do that.

As you haven't, legally all PC World is required to do is to offer you a repair on your current iPod or to offer you a new one (but that is their choice).
  • Adam DAdam D Posts: 5,124
    Forum Member
    I went and bought the ipod touch anyway, I am still going to take it in and get it repaired of whatever they can do, As its already been replaced and so on for the same problem
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    I brought my 30gb ipod through Amazon and it like your's it has gone faulty. My 12 month warranty run's out next month but after insisting Amazon deal withit rather than me ringing apple they have just given me a refund for it, and I am now ordering a new 80gb Ipod with new 12 month warranty.