Options

Georgia May Foote and Giovanni Pernice Appreciation Thread (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    star89star89 Posts: 24,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kat99 wrote: »
    After much thought and many changes, I finally composed my list of dances:

Once again I'm sorry for such a long post. I promise not to do it again!!

Yay!! Well done, Kat :D

Really interesting read. For the most part most of us are very similar in our choices :)

And the longer posts the better! My reviews were so long even DS told me off and wouldn't let me post them in one post :blush:
    Evening everyone 😬

What a great interview, really good find thank you Kat
    It was really interesting to read about her parents fostering.
    Erm Georgia love, Mother Nature made you perfect... as I've said before it's hard to say who I fancy more sometimes, Georgia or Gio :blush:

Evening lovely x

I'm worrying myself, in the fact, I think it's her :o:blush:
    unfortunately, there won't be any white bits left by the time I've finished with him :o:D

Ruby x

I bet there won't ;-):p
  • Options
    jenster-jenster- Posts: 1,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would also like to mention the dance Gio did with Joanne to Seal. I think that this dance was so beautiful and Gio's turns were amazing! I think it was here when it really hit me how brilliant a dancer Gio is!:)

Kat I agree.
    One of the other strictly dances I most enjoyed was the Blackpool Group Dance which is on You tube. At first view I thought it was good but as there are so many people on the dance floor with so much happening it took a few views to fully appreciate how well produced and choreographed it was. I thought Gio was the main star of this dance and when I picked him out and focused just on him (difficult to do I know ;-) ) I was so impressed. His timing is impeccable as he has to dance at such fast pace with so many people all while avoiding obstacles like ladders and ducking under the huge cake! I love the ending when he gets the cream cake in his face by the other male dancers! Poor Gio they look like they thoroughly enjoyed doing that.
  • Options
    claire_louiseclaire_louise Posts: 9,948
    Forum Member

13) Waltz- It is a shame that one has to take last place as I feel that non of the routines were bad but the waltz is the one I watch the least. For week 2 she was great and I thought that it had a lovely romantic feel. If it had been done again I think that she would have nailed it as we saw how amazing she was at ballroom, yet the waltz not being her best dance proved how much she had improved and how much Gio taught her.
    12) Cha Cha Cha- I loved the energy and characterisation in this routine! It's such a shame that Georgia was ill as I feel it could've been incredible with more time. I also love that in the beginning Gio was sat next to Georgia's sister and he appeared to have taken the spot of a certain other male whom was pushed out to the side!
    11) Salsa- I loved this routine and the costumes were great! I enjoyed the lifts and for one of the earlier routines I thought it was amazing!
    10) Quickstep- This was a great routine, it was so fast and I thought that Georgia did great to keep up with Gio around the floor! I thought it deserved the 9 from Len (if only as an apology for the previous week) but I don't think that it compared to the other dances that also scored 9's like the foxtrot, final rumba and the sow dance (which were all under marked in my opinion!!!!)
    9) Pasodoble- Was Gio playing the drums at the start? It definitely appears like it but they do continue after he has stopped? Another question for the next periscope?? Again I loved this routine but was there ever one I didn't love?! I thought the intensity was great and it was so dramatic. It's a shame it's so low on my list but I'm not a big fan of the song or the paso in general to be honest. I do however think it was highly under marked!
    8) Charleston- The reason why I love this dance so much is due to the pure enjoyment on Georgia's face! It is clear how much she loved this routine and I thought it was lovely of Gio to let Georgia have her shining moment and I think that she definitely out performed Gio in this dance (sorry Gio!!) I also loved her reaction to the scores and to Craig's comment in the final in particular. Her smile is so infectious and whenever I watch it I can't help but smile and feel so delighted for her!
    7) Tango- Despite the song, I actually loved this routine. I thought Gio did such a splendid job with the choreography and I thought it was executed perfectly. I particularly love the moment when Georgia sings along to 'Busting makes me feel good' and then they complete a crazy amount of pivots perfectly. And I also think that Gio looked particularly good as a Ghostbuster!!
    6) Jive- For week 1 this dance was unbelievable! The speed was amazing and as many have said, their chemistry was evident from the start. I'm sure that I read someone's overview of the most recent periscope (I can't remember whose it was so sorry about that, and also thank you so much for writing up everything you all remember) that Gio said he picked the songs?? Forgive me if I am wrong but he certainly didn't hide his feelings at all with choosing 'Dear Future Husband' as their first routine!! I only wish that we could've seen this again, or was danced later on in the series, as I think it would have been unbelievable after Georgia's stamina and technique had improved!
    5) Foxtrot- Beauty and the Beast has always been my favourite Disney movie and their dance was so beautiful. As Darcy said I loved the way that Georgia hovered between each move and I particularly loved the moment from 34 seconds to 47 seconds. I thought that the dance off version, however awful it was seeing GG there, was even better after Georgia fixed the minute technical issue and the emotion they brought to it really highlighted how much being in the competition meant to them. Like many of you have said, I also think that the two of them were the most emotionally invested in the competition and I think being in the dance off really emphasised that. Just look at the way she collapsed into his arms!! It was clear that they not only wanted to stay in the show but they were also afraid of loosing each other. I don't remember ever seeing this before so just thought that I'd link it in here in case you lovely lot haven't seen it either!
    4) Rumba- I have no words to describe their rumba that you haven't said already! It was incredible and I think that it deserved the full 40 in the final despite the slight 'mistake' that I still cannot see even though I've watched it so many times!

Okay...nearly there! I'm so sorry for the insanely long post! I really couldn't order my top 3 dances- trust me I tried so hard!! So in no particular order:

Viennese Waltz- Well this was so beautiful and absolutely perfect for GG! I can't believe that the full 40 was not given for this routine!!>:(:o:confused: My favourite part is when she does those beautiful under-arm turns into hold. She makes it look so effortless. As Craig said 'I could watch [them] dance all night'.
    Samba- The speed of this dance was incredible. I loved the way they took off across the floor and, even though she made a mistake and was clearly beating herself up about it afterwards, Georgia was amazing and the way Giovanni covered up the mistake before it even fully happened proved what an amazing dancer he is! And his hips!!!!:o:o:o WOW WOW WOW!!
    American Smooth- This dance really was 'pure ballroom bliss' as Bruno said. I thought it was truly magical and the performance from GG was faultless (despite the mistake of the backing dancers). The bit when they danced side by side, with Georgia right in front of the judges, proved how much she had improved and how much Gio trusted her to do an amazing hob! And that ending...

Special mention to the show dance as (like many of you) I couldn't find a place for it in my list. It really was in a different league!!
    I would also like to mention the dance Gio did with Joanne to Seal. I think that this dance was so beautiful and Gio's turns were amazing! I think it was here when it really hit me how brilliant a dancer Gio is!:)

Great list! And never apologise for long posts! The longer the better
    Evening everyone

What a great interview, really good find thank you Kat
    It was really interesting to read about her parents fostering.
    Erm Georgia love, Mother Nature made you perfect... as I've said before it's hard to say who I fancy more sometimes, Georgia or Gio

star89 wrote: »
    I'm worrying myself, in the fact, I think it's her

:p

Erm I'm with you both, and I'm the same as star! I seriously don't know what happened to me :p:blush:
  • Options
    Kat99Kat99 Posts: 164
    Forum Member
    jenster- wrote: »
    Kat I agree.
    One of the other strictly dances I most enjoyed was the Blackpool Group Dance which is on You tube. At first view I thought it was good but as there are so many people on the dance floor with so much happening it took a few views to fully appreciate how well produced and choreographed it was. I thought Gio was the main star of this dance and when I picked him out and focused just on him (difficult to do I know ;-) ) I was so impressed. His timing is impeccable as he has to dance at such fast pace with so many people all while avoiding obstacles like ladders and ducking under the huge cake! I love the ending when he gets the cream cake in his face by the other male dancers! Poor Gio they look like they thoroughly enjoyed doing that.

I couldn't agree more!! You have put into words exactly how I felt about that dance! It was so hard to focus on Gio at first but now I can't take my eyes of him. He is such a brilliant dancer and is insanely talented!! Such a wonderful addition to Stricly!!:)
  • Options
    dellymcgoodellymcgoo Posts: 736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

13) Waltz- It is a shame that one has to take last place as I feel that non of the routines were bad but the waltz is the one I watch the least. For week 2 she was great and I thought that it had a lovely romantic feel. If it had been done again I think that she would have nailed it as we saw how amazing she was at ballroom, yet the waltz not being her best dance proved how much she had improved and how much Gio taught her.
    12) Cha Cha Cha- I loved the energy and characterisation in this routine! It's such a shame that Georgia was ill as I feel it could've been incredible with more time. I also love that in the beginning Gio was sat next to Georgia's sister and he appeared to have taken the spot of a certain other male whom was pushed out to the side!
    11) Salsa- I loved this routine and the costumes were great! I enjoyed the lifts and for one of the earlier routines I thought it was amazing!
    10) Quickstep- This was a great routine, it was so fast and I thought that Georgia did great to keep up with Gio around the floor! I thought it deserved the 9 from Len (if only as an apology for the previous week) but I don't think that it compared to the other dances that also scored 9's like the foxtrot, final rumba and the sow dance (which were all under marked in my opinion!!!!)
    9) Pasodoble- Was Gio playing the drums at the start? It definitely appears like it but they do continue after he has stopped? Another question for the next periscope?? Again I loved this routine but was there ever one I didn't love?! I thought the intensity was great and it was so dramatic. It's a shame it's so low on my list but I'm not a big fan of the song or the paso in general to be honest. I do however think it was highly under marked!
    8) Charleston- The reason why I love this dance so much is due to the pure enjoyment on Georgia's face! It is clear how much she loved this routine and I thought it was lovely of Gio to let Georgia have her shining moment and I think that she definitely out performed Gio in this dance (sorry Gio!!) I also loved her reaction to the scores and to Craig's comment in the final in particular. Her smile is so infectious and whenever I watch it I can't help but smile and feel so delighted for her!
    7) Tango- Despite the song, I actually loved this routine. I thought Gio did such a splendid job with the choreography and I thought it was executed perfectly. I particularly love the moment when Georgia sings along to 'Busting makes me feel good' and then they complete a crazy amount of pivots perfectly. And I also think that Gio looked particularly good as a Ghostbuster!!
    6) Jive- For week 1 this dance was unbelievable! The speed was amazing and as many have said, their chemistry was evident from the start. I'm sure that I read someone's overview of the most recent periscope (I can't remember whose it was so sorry about that, and also thank you so much for writing up everything you all remember) that Gio said he picked the songs?? Forgive me if I am wrong but he certainly didn't hide his feelings at all with choosing 'Dear Future Husband' as their first routine!! I only wish that we could've seen this again, or was danced later on in the series, as I think it would have been unbelievable after Georgia's stamina and technique had improved!
    5) Foxtrot- Beauty and the Beast has always been my favourite Disney movie and their dance was so beautiful. As Darcy said I loved the way that Georgia hovered between each move and I particularly loved the moment from 34 seconds to 47 seconds. I thought that the dance off version, however awful it was seeing GG there, was even better after Georgia fixed the minute technical issue and the emotion they brought to it really highlighted how much being in the competition meant to them. Like many of you have said, I also think that the two of them were the most emotionally invested in the competition and I think being in the dance off really emphasised that. Just look at the way she collapsed into his arms!! It was clear that they not only wanted to stay in the show but they were also afraid of loosing each other. I don't remember ever seeing this before so just thought that I'd link it in here in case you lovely lot haven't seen it either!
    4) Rumba- I have no words to describe their rumba that you haven't said already! It was incredible and I think that it deserved the full 40 in the final despite the slight 'mistake' that I still cannot see even though I've watched it so many times!

Okay...nearly there! I'm so sorry for the insanely long post! I really couldn't order my top 3 dances- trust me I tried so hard!! So in no particular order:

Viennese Waltz- Well this was so beautiful and absolutely perfect for GG! I can't believe that the full 40 was not given for this routine!!>:(:o:confused: My favourite part is when she does those beautiful under-arm turns into hold. She makes it look so effortless. As Craig said 'I could watch [them] dance all night'.
    Samba- The speed of this dance was incredible. I loved the way they took off across the floor and, even though she made a mistake and was clearly beating herself up about it afterwards, Georgia was amazing and the way Giovanni covered up the mistake before it even fully happened proved what an amazing dancer he is! And his hips!!!!:o:o:o WOW WOW WOW!!
    American Smooth- This dance really was 'pure ballroom bliss' as Bruno said. I thought it was truly magical and the performance from GG was faultless (despite the mistake of the backing dancers). The bit when they danced side by side, with Georgia right in front of the judges, proved how much she had improved and how much Gio trusted her to do an amazing hob! And that ending...

Special mention to the show dance as (like many of you) I couldn't find a place for it in my list. It really was in a different league!!

Wow great reviews 😀. Thanks a mill x it's so hard to do😁. There wasn't one of the dances I didn't like I chose mine based on the ones I preferred to watch and like you the Showdance was on its own😀. I lost count how many times I watched that dance and in particular the ending when he whispered " well done" - nottt 😉
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evening all😀. Hope ye are all well😀.

Does anyone know why Gio has two Facebook accounts???
    I was friends with the due account but today I became friends with the other account 😁
    He must change his relationship status though😡
    Just trying to dig around😀. Anyone know when they went to Disney land and Sicily?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dellymcgoo wrote: »
    Wow great reviews 😀. Thanks a mill x it's so hard to do😁. There wasn't one of the dances I didn't like I chose mine based on the ones I preferred to watch and like you the Showdance was on its own😀. I lost count how many times I watched that dance and in particular the ending when he whispered " well done" - nottt 😉

It was so hard! I based mine on that too. I'm not sure why but I always seem to watch the Cha Cha Cha despite it being so low on my list!! Oh I've watched the show dance a million and one times and that's just for the ending alone!! He can't have just said "well done" haha! There's no way that would have earned such a reaction from Georgia!!:)
  • Options
    Kat_WKat_W Posts: 448
    Forum Member
    dellymcgoo wrote: »
    Evening all😀. Hope ye are all well😀.

Does anyone know why Gio has two Facebook accounts???
    I was friends with the due account but today I became friends with the other account 😁
    He must change his relationship status though😡
    Just trying to dig around😀. Anyone know when they went to Disney land and Sicily?

I think he got to the limit (I think of 5000) on the first account , the reason for the second account
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was so hard! I based mine on that too. I'm not sure why but I always seem to watch the Cha Cha Cha despite it being so low on my list!! Oh I've watched the show dance a million and one times and that's just for the ending alone!! He can't have just said "well done" haha! There's no way that would have earned such a reaction from Georgia!!:)
    Haha there is def no way he said just that even though They told us this on the last periscope 😂😂😂.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kat_W wrote: »
    I think he got to the limit (I think of 5000) on the first account , the reason for the second account
    That's what I thought but I only made friends with him on his first account today😀. Maybe he bumped someone off for me😂😂😂
  • Options
    lewismacflewismacf Posts: 14,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How are we all tonight
  • Options
    Kat_WKat_W Posts: 448
    Forum Member
    David Bradley the actor has tweeted Georgia https://twitter.com/bradders_david/status/735579802489479169
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corrie was great tonight
  • Options
    notdebbiedinglenotdebbiedingle Posts: 45,817
    Forum Member

8) Charleston- The reason why I love this dance so much is due to the pure enjoyment on Georgia's face! It is clear how much she loved this routine and I thought it was lovely of Gio to let Georgia have her shining moment and I think that she definitely out performed Gio in this dance (sorry Gio!!) I also loved her reaction to the scores and to Craig's
    comment in the final in particular. Her smile is so infectious and whenever I watch it I can't help but smile and feel so delighted for her!

Samba- The speed of this dance was incredible. I loved the way they took off across the
    floor and, even though she made a mistake and was clearly beating herself up about it
    afterwards, Georgia was amazing and the way Giovanni covered up the mistake before it even fully happened proved what an amazing dancer he is! And his hips!!!!:o:oWOW WOW WOW!!

I would also like to mention the dance Gio did with Joanne to Seal. I think that this dance was so beautiful and Gio's turns were amazing! I think it was here when it really hit me

how brilliant a dancer Gio is!:)

Haha wrong answer Kat!! You have to promise to make them that length every time!! ;):D
    Seriously though, that was a great read thank you!!!

Agree about that dance to Seal with Gio & Jo!! Best of this year's pro routines for me!!
    They have struck gold with Gio & should do all in their power to keep him on the show, as long as he can handle being with a 'less able' celeb sometimes of course which I actually think he'll be absolutely fine with!!
    What I can't quite envisage is Gleb with an Ann Widdecombe or even worse a Nancy Del' Olio!! :o:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha wrong answer Kat!! You have to promise to make them that length every time!! ;):D

Agree about that dance to Seal with Gio & Jo!! Best of this year's pro routines for me!!
    They have struck gold with Gio & should do all in their power to keep him on the show, as long as he can handle being with a 'less able' celeb sometimes of course which I actually think he'll be absolutely fine with!!
    What I can't quite envisage is Gleb with an Ann Widdecombe or even worse a Nancy Del' Olio!! :o:D

How good was corrie
  • Options
    Forum Member

Sorry my bad!;-) Didn't want to bore you all :)

They certainly did strike gold when they found him! I would love to see how he'd do with that type. I think he'd be great at choreographing to their strengths (if any) and I'm sure that they'd have a good laugh in rehearsals! I saw the videos that were posted here last week or so with Ann Widdecombe- I'd never seen them before so they were great entertainment.:D I haven't seen Nancy Del' Olio but from what I saw of her on Big Brother (yes I must confess to watching that), I can't imagine she would be any good! I do hope he gets a decent partner next year:)

Edit: Just found her Salsa...I'm lost for words!:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any corrie fans around just now
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lewismacf wrote: »
    How good was corrie

Corrie was great tonight Lewis!! So dramatic:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corrie was great tonight Lewis!! So dramatic:)

Carla leaves tomorrow
  • Options
    JulesLondonJulesLondon Posts: 1,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Lovely to read your list of the dances Kat and it's hard I agree in particular to rank the top few. Reading yours has made me go and watch a few I haven't watched so much such as the walz and cha cha. The show dance was so beautiful and definitely in a league of its own. We're all still obsessed with the ending but it seems GG have a party line on that and they are sticking to it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    How good was corrie

Hi Lewis I thought it was brilliant, especially the end, what an amazing stunt & Cathy getting hit was a massive shock!!
    Hope she's going to be ok as I've just got to like her as a character but that looked very nasty!!
    Loved how they connected the two big storylines & the acting from the Platts is going to be amazing from now on!!

I know some will be sorry to see Carla go but to me they have overused the character for so long now I kind of won't be that sad to see the back of her!!
    Plus she'll have some good scenes before she leaves hopefully!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi Lewis I thought it was brilliant, especially the end, what an amazing stunt & Cathy getting hit was a massive shock!!
    Hope she's going to be ok as I've just got to like her as a character but that looked very nasty!!
    Loved how they connected the two big storylines & the acting from the Platts is going to be amazing from now on!!

I know some will be sorry to see Carla go but to me they have overused the character for so long now I kind of won't be that sad to see the back of her!!
    Plus she'll have some good scenes before she leaves hopefully!!

I loved it especially finding mr evils body forget about cathy i hope fiz and ty are okay
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lovely to read your list of the dances Kat and it's hard I agree in particular to rank the top few. Reading yours has made me go and watch a few I haven't watched so much such as the walz and cha cha. The show dance was so beautiful and definitely in a league of its own. We're all still obsessed with the ending but it seems GG have a party line on that and they are sticking to it!

As much as we're all itching to know I find it kind of sweet if they don't want to tell us!! They are so good to us but it's lovely that they want spontaneous moments like that to be private to them, even though it was in a way shared with 10 million people on the night!! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Soap awards this week
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I loved it especially finding mr evils body forget about cathy i hope fiz and ty are okay

They'll be fine!! Teflon coated those two!!
    I know a lot of people are rude about Fiz on the soap forum, myself included at times but I thought she looked really pretty in that dress tonight!!
    I love Jennie McAlpine & she can be a real stunner away from playing Fiz!!
This discussion has been closed.