Options

Harvey on Loose Women

Comments

• Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »
    That is his true feelings towards them and fair play to him, I could not care less what he called the people who troll him who call him names. He gave some back and I have no issue with that.

Really?

A severely learning impaired boy. I don't think he could even comprehend their existence never mind have an opinion on them.
  • Options
    TanzieTanzie Posts: 6,452
    Forum Member
    Aurora13 wrote: »
    A child like Harvey is either in the care of his family or the care of the special school system. He can't go anywhere without either of these two being in attendance. If you are seriously (which I find beyond belief) saying that his family may not be responsible for him learning/using language like this then it must be special school exposing/teaching him such language. Now having seen my own brother go through the special school system I find that pretty offensive. You will not find a more professional and dedicated group of people than those who choose this as as their job. They do not use foul language in my experience and if it is happening in Harvey school it needs reporting to Ofsted. Now come on it's pretty obvious he is learning this in his family environment.

As for the abuse on line. Why is Harvey even being told it is happening? He doesn't need to be told. In reality I suspect he doesn't really understand what is all about anyway.. This is about Katie using Harvey is score victim points. If she goes to police they will tell her to come off line. She won't do that will she. I'm not excusing the low lifes on twitter but we all know they inhabit the place. They are just using Harvey to attack Katie. From personal experience my brother managed to live his life without being the subject of abuse. All we had to do was make sure that we didn't put him into a position that would attract abuse.

Presumably your brother was lucky enough not to have a famous mother who plastered him all over the media, and a famous step father who wrote songs about him, so was thankfully sheltered from the more unpleasant aspects of humanity. Harvey isn't as lucky.
    I hope that he doesn't understand the abuse he has received. Perhaps his mother believes in telling him the truth about things like that. I really don't know.
    But the indignation at Harvey's use of a swear word shouldn't even come close to the indignation we should all feel at the morons attacking him.

As far as Harvey's school is concerned - surely you don't really think that I meant that the teachers were the ones using the bad language? He can't be the only teenager at his school. Teenagers swear. They get it from home, from their siblings, from the tv, the Internet and from the music they listen to. He could feasibly have learnt the word from one of his friends. It's probably unlikely, but you never know.
  • Options
    Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really?

A severely learning impaired boy. I don't think he could even comprehend their existence never mind have an opinion on them.
    I think he knows alright, he is more clued on that some might think.
  • Options
    Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    A child like Harvey is either in the care of his family or the care of the special school system. He can't go anywhere without either of these two being in attendance. If you are seriously (which I find beyond belief) saying that his family may not be responsible for him learning/using language like this then it must be special school exposing/teaching him such language. Now having seen my own brother go through the special school system I find that pretty offensive. You will not find a more professional and dedicated group of people than those who choose this as as their job. They do not use foul language in my experience and if it is happening in Harvey school it needs reporting to Ofsted. Now come on it's pretty obvious he is learning this in his family environment.

As for the abuse on line. Why is Harvey even being told it is happening? He doesn't need to be told. In reality I suspect he doesn't really understand what is all about anyway.. This is about Katie using Harvey is score victim points. If she goes to police they will tell her to come off line. She won't do that will she. I'm not excusing the low lifes on twitter but we all know they inhabit the place. They are just using Harvey to attack Katie. From personal experience my brother managed to live his life without being the subject of abuse. All we had to do was make sure that we didn't put him into a position that would attract abuse.

But surely if you've seen your brother "go through the special school system" you'll also know kids with ASD are prone to swearing, therefore Harvey could have easily have heard the word from other pupils at his school.
    I'm not saying he hasn't picked it up at home, he may well have but there's also a good chance he's picked it up from his classmates.

I totally disagree re KP using Harvey to score victim points. Have you seen the abuse that's hurled at Harvey? It is shameful & disgusting. Now I'm no fan of KP but I think she is 100% correct in standing up for her son against these delinquents.

I'm really glad your brother wasn't subjected to abuse but I strongly suspect if you or any other family members were in the spotlight, sadly, it would probably be a completely different story.
  • Options
    viva.espanaviva.espana Posts: 8,500
    Forum Member
    ...Now having seen my own brother go through the special school system I find that pretty offensive.... From personal experience my brother managed to live his life without being the subject of abuse. All we had to do was make sure that we didn't put him into a position that would attract abuse.

:confused: With respect, why are you going on about your brother? How is it relevant to this thread? :confused:
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Whatever the rights and wrongs of Harvey using this word, or wherever or whoever he picked it up from, he definitely used the correct word to describe these trolls.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Really?

Yes, let's cut to the chase here. As I've said earlier, I'm not criticising KP as her rage is 100% understandable, but this is about her rage, not Harvey's.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Whatever the rights and wrongs of Harvey using this word, or wherever or whoever he picked it up from, he definitely used the correct word to describe these trolls.

Oh for sure. :cool:
  • Options
    TanzieTanzie Posts: 6,452
    Forum Member

I couldn't agree more. :)
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I respectfully disagree - he is a bright boy but he is very severely learning impaired and I find it incredulous that he could understand the concept of trolling.
  • Options
    Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No he doesn't. Harvey has a profound learning disability. He lives within a very narrow world that is created by his family and special school. I do think that day to day Harvey is very well cared for. Harvey doesn't understand internet trolling and abuse thankfully. This was a set up for Katie.
  • Options
    CFCJM1CFCJM1 Posts: 2,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me it was not "cute or funny". I feel so sorry for poor Harvey and would love to give him a massive hug . I understand the outrage at the obnoxious trolls making his life a misery and would love to get my hands on them and give them a right rollicking. However doing it on a live TV show I felt uneasy to the point that I was asking myself was he being exploited by the Loose Women producers and yes, KP herself.

God love Harvey, and I hope he gets the very best of love and support he needs in life.

My sentiments exactly. The trolls who tease him are disgusting creatures - but I just feel uncomfortable that a young disabled lad is being called funny by saying this word on TV. It feels a little as if he is being used to make a point.
  • Options
    Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tanzie wrote: »
    Presumably your brother was lucky enough not to have a famous mother who plastered him all over the media, and a famous step father who wrote songs about him, so was thankfully sheltered from the more unpleasant aspects of humanity. Harvey isn't as lucky.
    I hope that he doesn't understand the abuse he has received. Perhaps his mother believes in telling him the truth about things like that. I really don't know.
    But the indignation at Harvey's use of a swear word shouldn't even come close to the indignation we should all feel at the morons attacking him.

As far as Harvey's school is concerned - surely you don't really think that I meant that the teachers were the ones using the bad language? He can't be the only teenager at his school. Teenagers swear. They get it from home, from their siblings, from the tv, the Internet and from the music they listen to. He could feasibly have learnt the word from one of his friends. It's probably unlikely, but you never know.

I agree this is about Katie (and Peter yonks ago) using Harvey for publicity. It is that that has attracted the abuse from lowlifes. Thing is I don't believe for one minute that Katie has made the connection. Other celebrities have had children with disability but they have not exposed them to an extent that this sort of stuff would happen. Katie if she wanted to is in a far better position to protect Harvey from abuse than say a single parent on a council estate.

Harvey is profoundly disabled so he just won't understand what all this is about. Yobs shouting at him across the road yes but not stuff happening on line. Harvey is at a special school. He may have the body of a teenager but he is a little boy in every other way. You don't get the usual teenage stuff going on in special schools.
  • Options
    funkycubfunkycub Posts: 9,350
    Forum Member
    CRM wrote: »
    I didn't hear the C word at home. Some kid said it to me when I was 6 and I said it back to him, not knowing what it meant.

I was about the same age and lived in flats. There was a playground under my bedroom window and I heard some teenagers say it. Then in front of friends and family I said the new word I'd learned when my mum told me to go to bed.....

My mother was mortified. I've never heard her say the word
  • Options
    Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    I agree this is about Katie (and Peter yonks ago) using Harvey for publicity. It is that that has attracted the abuse from lowlifes. Thing is I don't believe for one minute that Katie has made the connection. Other celebrities have had children with disability but they have not exposed them to an extent that this sort of stuff would happen. Katie if she wanted to is in a far better position to protect Harvey from abuse than say a single parent on a council estate.

Harvey is profoundly disabled so he just won't understand what all this is about. Yobs shouting at him across the road yes but not stuff happening on line. Harvey is at a special school. He may have the body of a teenager but he is a little boy in every other way. You don't get the usual teenage stuff going on in special schools.

What do you mean re bib? I have seen violence & language that would turn the air blue, many times in Special Needs schools.
  • Options
    Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love this clip. Good on you Harvey! Yes, it is a word that shocks on TV, but the clue to this being completely innocent and natural coming from Harvey, was when he suddenly became the voice of a station announcer warning commuters to be on their guard! :D

In autism it's common to repeat words/noises and phrases they've memorised - sometimes an entire speech and being wonderful impersonators, often the exact same voice and tone! (Echolalia) If communication is a struggle, the it's a way to try and express themselves when asked a question which can be hard.
  • Options
    HitstasticHitstastic Posts: 8,634
    Forum Member
    I'm gonna agree this is more likely to be a publicity stunt.

Watch the clip.

He says it with a smile on his face. Makes me wonder if Katie did some "coaching' before the show started, knowing he'd just say the c word because his mum told him to, and therefore the media have a frenzy and oh look...everyone is now talking about Katie Holmes and her son.

Katie craves attention and this whole thing has got her exactly what she wanted, imo.

I don't blame Harvey one bit. He's only repeated a word he's heard being used in the same way most people say "please" and "thanks". I suspect the c word is just second nature in Katie's household.
  • Options
    HitstasticHitstastic Posts: 8,634
    Forum Member
    funkycub wrote: »
    I was about the same age and lived in flats. There was a playground under my bedroom window and I heard some teenagers say it. Then in front of friends and family I said the new word I'd learned when my mum told me to go to bed.....

My mother was mortified. I've never heard her say the word

LOL

I remember the first time I heard the c-bomb. My neighbours son (who to this day remains a prize pillock) who was 6 or 7 years old at the time said it to another lad who lived on our estate. I must've been 9 at the time, and then asked me parents the golden question "what does c-bomb mean?" and my mum shrieking at the top of her voice in disgust, and my dad just sat there trying to keep a straight face and saying "that's a very naughty word". :D
  • Options
    JayDee279JayDee279 Posts: 3,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done Harvey for giving an honest answer to what was, let's face it, a rather silly question. They assumed he'd say something like "I just ignore it" and they were wrong :-)
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well they asked.

It was the type of question to which the answer could have been absolutely anything. Perhaps they should be more careful about what questions they ask in future and how they ask them.
    If they ask what appears to be an open question then they should be prepared for an open answer.

Has this been uploaded to Youtube yet? Because to see this happen live must have been hilarious.
  • Options
    TaintedmeatTaintedmeat Posts: 1,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harvey was just addressing Piers Morgan who was there.
  • Options
    *Clem**Clem* Posts: 4,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hitstastic wrote: »
    I'm gonna agree this is more likely to be a publicity stunt.

Watch the clip.

He says it with a smile on his face. Makes me wonder if Katie did some "coaching' before the show started, knowing he'd just say the c word because his mum told him to, and therefore the media have a frenzy and oh look...everyone is now talking about Katie Holmes and her son.

Katie craves attention and this whole thing has got her exactly what she wanted, imo.

I don't blame Harvey one bit. He's only repeated a word he's heard being used in the same way most people say "please" and "thanks". I suspect the c word is just second nature in Katie's household.

Exactly. She's vile.
  • Options
    oblivious1oblivious1 Posts: 275
    Forum Member
    Although I'm not suggesting this was rehearsed it does seem a bit odd to me that they said Katie insisted Harvey be on live tv even though they had offered to pre-record it and when she asks Harvey the question "what do you say to" etc etc and Harvey replies "Hello" she repeats "no what does Harvey say to " etc etc. We then gets Harvey's response. He had obviously been primed with a reply to that question and if not what he actually said.. then what was he supposed to have said ? All just a bit odd in my opinion....
  • Options
    Steven88Steven88 Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought he was talking to Piers Morgan.
  • Options
    GlinnyGlinny Posts: 4,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harvey never should have been on the programme in the first place. Total exploitation by his mother Katie Price and the Loose Women producers.

Why on earth they allowed this women on this programme is beyond me only last week she was making disgusting and lewd comments on a topic they were discussing.