Falling Skies S5 US Pace

koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
Not too bad a season opener. Some nice action, but didn't really feel it moved the story along much.

Not sure where the season is going, but I hope they do more than just fight aliens and save the earth.

Comments

• ThorneyThorney Posts: 3,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not sure where the season is going, but I hope they do more than just fight aliens and save the earth.

what more is there :D
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thorney wrote: »
    what more is there :D

Well, there are now aliens in existence and super natural powers the humans can have, and be morphed into other beings such as the skitters. Hopefully interstellar flight.

Etc/
  • MaccaMacca Posts: 18,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Being the final season we know it will all be wrapped up, win or lose.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maccadanny wrote: »

Which is why I said I hope they do more than just fight the aliens.
  • Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    I think the show started out as just fighting aliens, then it became somewhat stupid with super-powers. The whole Lexi story was a joke really. I'm glad the show is coming to a conclusion, my only hope is that they don't drag the reveal of this third alien species out for too long.

Speaking of which, I'm curious about them; they seemingly can communicate telepathically and (to some extent) see the future? They provided Tom with that image, knowing where the Overlord would be. Furthermore, they only seem (presently at least) to be concerned with the Espheni.

I wonder whether they'll try to have Tom turn on the Volm at some point. I refuse to believe the intentions of this third faction are pure.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Flash525 wrote: »
    I think the show started out as just fighting aliens, then it became somewhat stupid with super-powers. The whole Lexi story was a joke really. I'm glad the show is coming to a conclusion, my only hope is that they don't drag the reveal of this third alien species out for too long.

Speaking of which, I'm curious about them; they seemingly can communicate telepathically and (to some extent) see the future? They provided Tom with that image, knowing where the Overlord would be. Furthermore, they only seem (presently at least) to be concerned with the Espheni.

I wonder whether they'll try to have Tom turn on the Volm at some point. I refuse to believe the intentions of this third faction are pure.

Are there 3 or 4 alien species?

First it was the Skitters (which we later found out were terraformed humans) another other alien races that have also been turned into Skitters.

Then we found out the Skitter were created by the Espheni.

Then we have the Volm and finally

the Great Enemies, who we have yet to see.
    Forum Member
    Are there 3 or 4 alien species?
    Physically, there are (I suppose) four species of alien. There's the Skitters - but we know that they [can be] mutated into humans. I got the impression from earlier Skitters that they had a society of their own before the Espheni came to them. I don't think harnessed humans turn into them though, only that they turn into something else.

Then there's the Espheni, the Overloards, and then the Volm. We know there's another faction in the works, but we don't know their true intent; we only know that the Espheni have said they're the greater enemy - though I don't recall the Volm ever having mentioned them?

Either way, they can't be good. Our heroes wouldn't be so lucky.
  • kegsiekegsie Posts: 2,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maccadanny wrote: »

Just so long as Tom gets reunited with his all of his kids then we'll all be happy :D

Glad to have my summer hate watch back. Can't wait to see how it all wraps up.
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Decent opening episode. Still hoping all the Mason's die though.
  • My usernamesMy usernames Posts: 1,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    Decent opening episode. Still hoping all the Mason's die though.

Why do you want them to die? I really like Mat and Ben:)
    I wouldn't miss Hal and Ann
    I do have a soft spot for Prof. Tom
    I was surprised at the person who did die in ep1 I liked that character but I guess the cast is getting very big. They will have a mass cull soon.
  • scott789sscott789s Posts: 1,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So glad Lexi seems to be dead.
  • silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a corking first episode. I really want this season to wrap things up nicely but after last season I'm not holding my breath.
  • F1etchF1etch Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So is Tom infected again? They really need to get a better Bug Screening for these people or put them in isolation for a set period of time. We do it for contageous disease now so why can't they do it for parasitic creatures here? All the bugs show themselves eventually.
    Forum Member
    Why do you want them to die? I really like Mat and Ben:)

They're all idiots. Especially Tom.
  • R82n8R82n8 Posts: 3,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's all gone a bit Starship Troopers.

Quite enjoyable though.
    Forum Member
    Tom Mason; a teacher of History and the backbone of [our] survivors. Also a Tactician, and knowledgeable when it comes to tales of war.

How is it that he allowed their entire food supply to be located in a single place? That's moronic.
    R82n8 wrote: »
    It's all gone a bit Starship Troopers.
    You think? We haven't met a Brain Bug yet. :p
  • ntscuserntscuser Posts: 8,243
    Forum Member
    Never run out of ammunition do they? :p
  • MaccaMacca Posts: 18,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Skitters are off the menu then :o
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know they are hungry but Why would he try to eat the skitter? But what a death.
  • andalgandalg Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    When this show started the skitters were almost invincible and it took a long time before they worked out how to kill them but now they seem to be able to just slaughter them at will and take them on in single combat just armed with an iron bar. Or have I missed something ?
    Forum Member
    I imagine they're weaker now than they were at the start, but considering how many they were up against this week they should have faced more trouble from them.

I miss the Mechs - they were always more menacing.
  • SallyforthSallyforth Posts: 7,404
    Forum Member
    Some of it got on my nerves a bit this week!

Can't decide whether they already should have got hungry enough to try Skitter meat - bit late to introduce that idea IMO. And "try it on a cat"? Cat-lover or no, their physiology is different, so not a reliable test - was it too much to expect that people would know that?
    As has been said though, quite a reaction - 'specially since he was kidding to start with. Better than "tastes like chicken" which I was half-expecting!

Think the skitter-battering scene involving Anthony was a lost opportunity for a clear moral message as well. Appreciate he was grieving and the Colonel did chide him for time-wasting - just think they should have taken the chance to make more of a specific point - "we're supposedly the better species, it's a war not a sport", etc. Guess a lot of viewers would have taken that from it anyway, but still...
    Forum Member
    Anthony was so upset about that woman being killed.....I didn't even know her name :blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sallyforth wrote: »
    Some of it got on my nerves a bit this week!

Can't decide whether they already should have got hungry enough to try Skitter meat - bit late to introduce that idea IMO. And "try it on a cat"? Cat-lover or no, their physiology is different, so not a reliable test - was it too much to expect that people would know that?.

The cat experiment might not have proved the food was safe for humans to eat if the cat survived but if the cat didn't survive then you could be pretty sure it wasn't good.
  • jo2015jo2015 Posts: 6,021
    Forum Member
    One thing that bugs me about these post-apocalyptic programmes is that they've always seemingly got a barber amongst them as so many have clearly had their hair done fairly frequently.

Or they've got a seemingly inexhaustible supply of hair gel and shaving products. Only Tom Mason seems to have a beard and it's not that wild.

At least in 'Lost' we saw Sawyer having a haircut - although that was a one off.