Is bb16 the worst produced bb ever?

Tall PaulTall Paul Posts: 8,786
Forum Member
Never before have I seen such a disastrous series of bb before . It's the worst produced series I've ever seen, twists have been predictable and done to death, nomination rules went to the production team and they've felt the need to manufacture rows and that. Wonder if other people of the forum feel exactly the same as me? It's just a joke really and the producers treat the viewer like they were born yesterday. >:(

Wish they'd stop patronising viewers like they do to think what they do is good and took a leaf how they do it in the United States and Canada instead. The 4 in and 4 out twist was pointless and there were hms who had potential and yet never got the chance to shine and the legends coming in to keep ratings up has said it all. >:(

They need a massive format overhaul if their gonna keep as much of their original audience who've watched it right from the start else civilian bb may as well die and that. It's a show very much in decline and the producers need to take responsibility for what they've done wrong with bb this year. Otherwise it'll be in a steeper and deeper decline than it is now. :(

A lot of production staff I think will leave between now and next year who've made it a mess this year, I can feel it. :)

Comments

• atkoatko Posts: 4,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Many people have said this before about BB, not just about this series. This year though I don't think a lot of thought has gone in to a lot of the show. It's become very predictable not only to the viewer but equally as predictable for the housemates. They know what is going to happen all the time. Chloe supposedly guessed Marc hadn't been evicted & was in a secret room (correct), Joel guessed that Cash Bomb was going to happen (correct)! It's all way too predictable! They used to put a lot of effort & I would even say expense in to tasks but now they are very poor! They want a show of nastiness with very little fun. That's what they have got but it's not pretty to watch & boring when it's all through the series. It needs a complete makeover but hey, they don't listen to us, we're just the viewer!!
  • M_J2M_J2 Posts: 632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watched a bit of this seasons USA BB, that is more scripted/heavily produced than any BB we have had in England but USA have always done it well and i think the American audence are used to it (Real world, Jersey Shore, etc..).

Old fans of BB have just got to get used to the format or just stop watching. Also like you said, the production of future BB's either need to be done by American pros or people that do all the popular reality shows here in England. Also make there mind up with casting, get TV ready, over confident, TV trained cast/housemates just like the Americans. And a couple of fresh new ideas.
  • Tall PaulTall Paul Posts: 8,786
    Forum Member
    atko wrote: »
    Many people have said this before about BB, not just about this series. This year though I don't think a lot of thought has gone in to a lot of the show. It's become very predictable not only to the viewer but equally as predictable for the housemates. They know what is going to happen all the time. Chloe supposedly guessed Marc hadn't been evicted & was in a secret room (correct), Joel guessed that Cash Bomb was going to happen (correct)! It's all way too predictable! They used to put a lot of effort & I would even say expense in to tasks but now they are very poor! They want a show of nastiness with very little fun. That's what they have got but it's not pretty to watch & boring when it's all through the series. It needs a complete makeover but hey, they don't listen to us, we're just the viewer!!

I hope they do an online survey of which they did last year and that'll be a great opportunity for us to state bits of bb of which we're blatantly unhappy with.
    Forum Member
    M_J2 wrote: »
    Watched a bit of this seasons USA BB, that is more scripted/heavily produced than any BB we have had in England but USA have always done it well and i think the American audence are used to it (Real world, Jersey Shore, etc..).

Old fans of BB have just got to get used to the format or just stop watching. Also like you said, the production of future BB's either need to be done by American pros or people that do all the popular reality shows here in England. Also make there mind up with casting, get TV ready, over confident, TV trained cast/housemates just like the Americans. And a couple of fresh new ideas.

All of those ideas and more. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tall Paul wrote: »
    I hope they do an online survey of which they did last year and that'll be a great opportunity for us to state bits of bb of which we're blatantly unhappy with.

They never listen when they do! They don't ask the questions you would want them to in order to give your opinion. The questions would relate to what they did good or bad in the series but they never relate to the format or the quality of housemates, etc. The things that really matter!
    Forum Member
    As we say again endemol and channel 5 aren't charities, nor are they charitable, their there to make money through phone votes and people watching as that increases advertising revenue. Unfortunately with the low viewing figures advertising revenue will probably drop for bb next year. Channel 5 and endemol seriously need to get their act together. >:(
  • k0213818k0213818 Posts: 5,916
    Forum Member
    The issue for me more then anything is the short term nature of the production, everything has to have an immediately impact and be in your face or else it is deemed as a failure. The problem is though is that this approach may have short term benefits but does so much damage in the long term. Four out four in supposedly culls the dull but it also came when Harriet was just losing it and Sarah was building a fanbase, bringing Simon back for three days of grief without realising he'd turn into a ute bore and going out of the way to save Jade in week two only to not do anything with her and throw under the bus three weeks later to save Harry.

And of course because of these long term defects the show resorts to another short term fix to resolve that and this the cycle continues.
    Forum Member
    Their need for a TOWIE audience is just stupid really, no wonder why bb is so juvenile these days and pretty trivial as well. >:(
  • bellyyellowbellyyellow Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    marc going when clearly he was not meant to - might just prove this statement to be correct.
    Forum Member
    k0213818 wrote: »
    The issue for me more then anything is the short term nature of the production, everything has to have an immediately impact and be in your face or else it is deemed as a failure. The problem is though is that this approach may have short term benefits but does so much damage in the long term. Four out four in supposedly culls the dull but it also came when Harriet was just losing it and Sarah was building a fanbase, bringing Simon back for three days of grief without realising he'd turn into a ute bore and going out of the way to save Jade in week two only to not do anything with her and throw under the bus three weeks later to save Harry.

And of course because of these long term defects the show resorts to another short term fix to resolve that and this the cycle continues.

Admit that it's not an easy job for the production staff however there's no excuse for a lot of mistakes they've made from this year's show. Even the bb boss and the channel 5 boss aren't getting on either, hence why the show isn't run smoothly currently. :(
    Forum Member
    marc going when clearly he was not meant to - might just prove this statement to be correct.

He brought his eviction upon himself. :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Their need for a TOWIE audience is just stupid really, no wonder why bb is so juvenile these days and pretty trivial as well. >:(

Well that's what Viacom is all about really & the fact that they kept the same Programme Controller that was in charge of Programming from the previous Channel 5 owners, then you should understand why Channel 5's programming has never improved under the new owners....if anything it's got worse with even more reality tv, Benefits shite, OAP's Behaving Badly, etc! It's a trashy channel with one decent programme on it....and that ain't even BB!!
    Forum Member
    atko wrote: »
    Well that's what Viacom is all about really & the fact that they kept the same Programme Controller that was in charge of Programming from the previous Channel 5 owners, then you should understand why Channel 5's programming has never improved under the new owners....if anything it's got worse with even more reality tv, Benefits shite, OAP's Behaving Badly, etc! It's a trashy channel with one decent programme on it....and that ain't even BB!!

In other words we've been taken for mugs really. >:(
  • george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    I suppose it is really. Never thought I'd say it, but the twists have been even worse than last year. Last year they were pretty awful, but at least they were original - the pass to the final and the killer nomination were worth trying once to see if they worked. They didn't work, and I'd have forgiven them for it if they'd learned their lesson. This year they just seem to have been getting more and more desperate.

The one thing they did get right this year was the casting. The Housemates who entered on Launch had a really nice dynamic that could have grown nicely. I've always liked adding a couple of new people in as well - I'd have been fine with Harry, Marc and Sam going in to add something to the House had they not replaced Harriet, Kieran and Sarah (I don't include Simon or the twins, because as the twins went first I see them as the normal eviction for that week, and I don't think Simon should have been evicted on Launch Night in the first place - that was silly). They had a good bunch of Housemates and BB16 had the potential to save Big Brother, and work towards getting ratings back. The producers screwed it up, and I haven't watched it for about a week and a half because I was getting bored, just like last year. I may tune in again for the final, or I may not, we'll see.

Again, next year I'll give it another try, and I will continue to do that every year the civilian series is recommissioned. I think that the Big Brother premise is so strong that it can never die, and there is always the possibility of making it good again. A new production team could easily do it - it wouldn't get good ratings straight away because that takes time to rebuild, but they'll come if they put in a good group of Housemates and allow them to flourish. But I've been really disappointed in the outcome of what in the early weeks was a very, very promising series.
  • ShadowTillNowShadowTillNow Posts: 2,646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. I don't think so. Even though some things have worked out better than others, they have constantly tried to keep people interested. Some like shock twists. Others don't. I feel like if Helen had not been in the mix people wouldn't be so annoyed with the series as a whole.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In other words we've been taken for mugs really. >:(

Yes, I think we have as far as this Channel is concerned! It is probably BB & the Australian Soaps that keep this Channel going. There's nothing else worth watching apart from Person of Interest (yeah love that show & only show exclusive to them so worth watching)! Everything else is your reality trash that I mentioned previously or NCIS, CSI, type programmes which can be seen on about 100 other Channels....they all purchase them so why copy everyone else?!
    Forum Member
    I suppose it is really. Never thought I'd say it, but the twists have been even worse than last year. Last year they were pretty awful, but at least they were original - the pass to the final and the killer nomination were worth trying once to see if they worked. They didn't work, and I'd have forgiven them for it if they'd learned their lesson. This year they just seem to have been getting more and more desperate.

The one thing they did get right this year was the casting. The Housemates who entered on Launch had a really nice dynamic that could have grown nicely. I've always liked adding a couple of new people in as well - I'd have been fine with Harry, Marc and Sam going in to add something to the House had they not replaced Harriet, Kieran and Sarah (I don't include Simon or the twins, because as the twins went first I see them as the normal eviction for that week, and I don't think Simon should have been evicted on Launch Night in the first place - that was silly). They had a good bunch of Housemates and BB16 had the potential to save Big Brother, and work towards getting ratings back. The producers screwed it up, and I haven't watched it for about a week and a half because I was getting bored, just like last year. I may tune in again for the final, or I may not, we'll see.

Again, next year I'll give it another try, and I will continue to do that every year the civilian series is recommissioned. I think that the Big Brother premise is so strong that it can never die, and there is always the possibility of making it good again. A new production team could easily do it - it wouldn't get good ratings straight away because that takes time to rebuild, but they'll come if they put in a good group of Housemates and allow them to flourish. But I've been really disappointed in the outcome of what in the early weeks was a very, very promising series.

The thing that annoys me most of all like I've said before is manufactured rows and need for more and more nastiness and ill feeling amongst each hm. PEJ if he was still working for endemol would be appalled and disgusted with what bb has become and the fact channel 5s target audience is 16 to 30 year olds. I'm 34 years of age so obviously I'm surplus to their requirements if you see what I mean. >:(
  • nattoyakinattoyaki Posts: 7,080
    Forum Member
    It's been ridiculous - like the most surreal BB parody you could come up with >:(

It's like a montage of all the worst bits of previous years, the most ridiculous twists, favouritism, manipulation etc...turned up to 11. On that note I would say the time's come for someone to send this pile of putrid elephant dung up a la This Is Spinal Tap - but they've done it themselves!!!

And all that after tempting us with what looked like a natural, slow-burning house situation like days of old :(

I've exhausted all the specific reasons why it's been so bad countless times on here, so I may as well keep this brief (for me, lol).

The Helen 'twist' and protection last year last year can never be topped imho, but in terms of overall, relentless incompetence by production this series beggars belief. So for me it's more or less a draw.

That said, I've thoroughly enjoyed seeing just how low this year can go, time after time (ironic huh? :p) :D
    Forum Member
    No. I don't think so. Even though some things have worked out better than others, they have constantly tried to keep people interested. Some like shock twists. Others don't. I feel like if Helen had not been in the mix people wouldn't be so annoyed with the series as a whole.

Helen coming in ruined the series for me, probably our worst winner to date. >:(
    Forum Member
    nattoyaki wrote: »
    It's been ridiculous - like the most surreal BB parody you could come up with >:(

It's like a montage of all the worst bits of previous years, the most ridiculous twists, favouritism, manipulation etc...turned up to 11. On that note I would say the time's come for someone to send this pile of putrid elephant dung up This Is Spinal Tap - but they've done it themselves!!!

And all that after tempting us with what looked like a natural, slow-burning house situation like days of old :(

I've exhausted all the specific reasons why it's been so bad countless times on here, so I may as well keep this brief (for me, lol).

The Helen 'twist' and protection last year last year can never be topped imho, but in terms of overall, relentless incompetence by production this series beggars belief. So for me it's more or less a draw.

That said, I've thoroughly enjoyed seeing just how low this year can go, time after time (ironic huh? :p) :D

I think the same as well. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nattoyaki wrote: »

It's like a montage of all the worst bits of previous years, the most ridiculous twists, favouritism, manipulation etc...turned up to 11. On that note I would say the time's come for someone to send this pile of putrid elephant dung up This Is Spinal Tap - but they've done it themselves!!!

I think that's why most of the original BB audience still watch just to see how low they will stoop. They somehow manage beat the previous one just when you think they can't get any lower, lol!
  • keeping_it_rea1keeping_it_rea1 Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    The producers literally cut off their own noses to spite their faces

Biggest bunch of dumb a*ses in tv history

ops! is what you can hear the morons saying after marcs eviction

"we botched that up" lol ..best ratings ever before that happened
  • Lou17Lou17 Posts: 30,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me a fan since series 1 this is honestly my worst series. Contrary to a current collective view regarding Bb4 I found it rather enjoyable at the time and they had an endearing cast it was unfortunately surrounded by epic series.

This series has had the most negative, controlled and neutral hms we've ever seen they've been far too similar in ways and age, they've appeared to bring the worstout in one another.

There have been odd gem in there that I feel would've thrived in a less negative house.

For me Marc and the exes saved the show but without incorporating these characters late on this series would have died a slow and painful death.

The house has been so poisonous and one dimensional that even the exes have come across in a very negative light also.

For me the interference, outside information, manipulation of the noms has killed this series too.

It's been all around shambles imo, I've disliked winners before, moaned about the production but this has holes in every aspect of the show. It's been overwhelmingly negative, and flawed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The producers literally cut off their own noses to spite their faces

Biggest bunch of dumb a*ses in tv history

ops! is what you can hear the morrons saying after marcs eviction

"we botched that up" lol ..best ratings ever before that happened

There desperation to cover up marcs departure seems to have worked momentarily, but without them forcibly putting a fire cracker up these hms arses would they have delivered on there own in tonight's hls......I very much doubt it.:D:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    k0213818 wrote: »

Yep a slow boil with less interference will eventually produce the desired results, fifteen people will never get on and showmances will always develop.

I also think the lack of LF is another reason that the public don't get as invested as they once did, they could form their own opinions and get to see a range of emotions and even downtime, sadly it's all controversy now that makes the hls. And bb even make sure all the tasks now are negative and designed to create arguments.:o zzz