Price to hire a skip?

Isambard BrunelIsambard Brunel Posts: 6,598
Forum Member
Anyone know the going rates for skip hire at the moment in London? Mini, middle and normal sizes skips, if anyone has any recent experiences.

It's been many years since I hired a skip and I seem to recall there wasn't much between a mini skip and a normal sized one, considering the overall cost. But some companies wanted a lot more than others.

I don't really have enough to warrant a full skip, but I saw a few prices for men in vans who will come and take away just a few rubble bags, and they want well over £100! Surely you can still get a skip for that, and have loads more capacity.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    i think the big skips are about £80..not sure of other prices..That was years ago now, so mightve gone up :eek:
  • wackywwackyw Posts: 1,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OP and Orangemaid you are both a little out of date ! Here in Berks a "normal" builders skip is £180. Costs a lot of money to throw stuff away, lots of taxes! And be careful of ads for people to take your rubbish away, if they dump it and the waste is traceable you are responsible. Check they are licensed waste carriers. Also check what you want to put in the skip is not considered "hazardous" waste. Even plasterboard !!
  • Isambard BrunelIsambard Brunel Posts: 6,598
    Forum Member
    Blimey. There are never any neighbours also needing a skip when you want one (or more!)
  • mackaramackara Posts: 4,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Try getting a price for a skip bag if you only need a mini skip, they are normally around 70-80 pounds, a large builders skip would be around 160-180 normally with a 5 day limit or at least in my neck of the woods they are.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,012
    Forum Member
    £60.......
    And watch your neighbours fill it up for you. :D
  • ChizzlefaceChizzleface Posts: 8,221
    Forum Member
    I phoned my local building firm and said "I want a skip outside my house"

He said "I'm not stopping you".