Team Tina - Sign up here!!!

Comments

• whoyouarexowhoyouarexo Posts: 6,099
    Forum Member
    Gary made a silly pass at her, big deal, for the whole 7 months she didn't want the baby, she couldn't wait to hand it over... so hand it over, you made an agreement, stick to it.
    I really cannot stand people who agree to have a baby for someone else and then change their minds, it's not her baby, and that's all there is to it.
    She was happy to take money, a job and a home to do it, baby isn't hers, if she wants one she can make another one with Tommy.

It was more than a "silly pass"

If Tina hadnt stopped him he would of happily gone the whole way, he acted like a total leech and he took advantage of her kind nature and what she was doing for him, and turned their friendship into something uncomfortable and sordid.

To be honest, Garrys pass and the way Izzy reacted by banning Garry from the babys life immediately (extremely stupid and petty, what right does she have to do that?) makes me think that they arent ready to be parents. Parents put the child first, not themselves.
  • davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »
    Can't agree more with this post!

This is exactly why surrogates should have had a baby first so they know what's ahead and know if they can deal with the emotional fallout. It was the most stupid idea ever to use a childless young woman who was just desperate to rid her boyfriend of his debts. It always amazed me that this never occurred to Anna who has after all given birth and knows the emotional connection and feelings involved.

But is Tina right to keep the baby? Not in my opinion but I can fully understand her emotional turmoil. Her practical mind knows that the baby isn't hers genetically but her body doesn't know this and has carried, nourished and protected this baby for 7 months and is reacting in the way any other new mother does. Poor Tina.

Not surprised this has happened at all and either way, someone is going to be dreadfully hurt :(

Nice post, I agree. :) I feel really bad for Tina. Really, the baby should go to Gary and Izzy but Tina can't help feeling the way she feels and it must be so tough for her wanting to keep the baby, but knowing the right thing to do is to hand it to Gary and Izzy.

I'm glad she's back with Tommy now, as she needs a lot of emotional support at the moment and Tommy and Rita are both in the picture to support her.

I really like Tina. I read an article on here earlier where Michelle Keegan says she is worried that viewers will turn against her in upcoming episodes because she decides to keep the baby... I won't turn against her though. I like her and sympathise with the tough situation she is in.

Surely Gary, Izzy and Tina can make an arrangement that the baby can have 2 mothers (Izzy and Tina) and one dad (Gary) and they can all spend time with Jake? OK, it's hardly conventional but it'll keep everyone happy.
  • gazzatheredgazzathered Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    Team Tina - Sign up here!!!I am delighted that Tina has decided to keep the baby - which by thw way is legally hers.I have no sympathy at all for Izzie - I can't stand her

Legally her baby? ITS PRETEND, shes not really had a baby. Cant stand Izzie? Shes a character. I do like coming on the soap forum purely to laugh at the threads.....like its all real life. Please carry on people lol
  • Lewi26Lewi26 Posts: 11,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tina is disgusting, I hope the stupid bitch is driven out of the street! When jake is rightly given back to his parents of course
  • sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,812
    Forum Member
    Team Tina - Sign up here!!!I am delighted that Tina has decided to keep the baby - which by thw way is legally hers.I have no sympathy at all for Izzie - I can't stand her

Legally her baby? ITS PRETEND, shes not really had a baby. Cant stand Izzie? Shes a character. I do like coming on the soap forum purely to laugh at the threads.....like its all real life. Please carry on people lol

#

Ok
  • ScreamingTree<3ScreamingTree<3 Posts: 4,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

These things happen in real life so we're ok to talk about this kind of situation as if it were real, if you find it funny why not talk to some potential parents who've had a real life Tina steal their baby away from under their noses because the law makers were too lazy to update the law..:rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think people need to stop being so black and white about this and consider Tinas situaiton.

Yes, its Garry and Izzys child, but Tina has been the one carrying the baby, the one who delivered the baby, and arguably the person who has spent the most time with Jake.

She underestimated the maternal instinct that she may or may not of had, all of them have, all 3 of them have been very naive. Tinas had to give birth to him prematurely, produce milk for him, and be there while he struggles, of course shes going to feel some bond with the baby!

Add this to the fact that Garry is not stable and him and Izzy as a couple have fallen apart completely, and I can see why Tinas feelings towards this are all over the place.

Garry tried to come on to her (i know people dont care because they dont like Tina but that was bang out of order, a total breach of trust and taking advantage. No, nothing happened. If Tina hadnt stopped him, would he of still stopped though? No)

izzy is acting like a spoilt brat the majority of a time

The Windass' are overbearing hypocrites, especially Anna

Izzy and Garry have split, so she would be sending her baby straight into a broken home.

Im not saying Tinas right, im saying that no wonder she has reservations and shes having alot of different feelings about the situation. Garry, Owen, etc, only care about themselves, they never cared about Tina, and now the babys born, they act like she has no right to an opinion. Nasty people.

Im not saying Team Tina necessarily, I just dont think shes in the wrong either

If Tina hadnt stopped him he would of happily gone the whole way, he acted like a total leech and he took advantage of her kind nature and what she was doing for him, and turned their friendship into something uncomfortable and sordid.

To be honest, Garrys pass and the way Izzy reacted by banning Garry from the babys life immediately (extremely stupid and petty, what right does she have to do that?) makes me think that they arent ready to be parents. Parents put the child first, not themselves.

Spot on!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice post, I agree. :) I feel really bad for Tina. Really, the baby should go to Gary and Izzy but Tina can't help feeling the way she feels and it must be so tough for her wanting to keep the baby, but knowing the right thing to do is to hand it to Gary and Izzy.

I'm glad she's back with Tommy now, as she needs a lot of emotional support at the moment and Tommy and Rita are both in the picture to support her.

I really like Tina. I read an article on here earlier where Michelle Keegan says she is worried that viewers will turn against her in upcoming episodes because she decides to keep the baby... I won't turn against her though. I like her and sympathise with the tough situation she is in.

Surely Gary, Izzy and Tina can make an arrangement that the baby can have 2 mothers (Izzy and Tina) and one dad (Gary) and they can all spend time with Jake? OK, it's hardly conventional but it'll keep everyone happy.

A german soap has covered this and it's worked fairly well on screen.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Overreaction central .... or what?
    Besides Izzy was in shock and given that Tina carried the baby and Izzy didn't Izzy reacted over sensitively. Tina the greedy tangerine however is taking a baby from it's mother and father for no real reason, so they had a minor disagreement at the incubator however, how many arguments will Tina have, she's already screeched and huffed and puffed a few times.
  • CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think people need to stop being so black and white about this and consider Tinas situaiton.

Yes, its Garry and Izzys child, but Tina has been the one carrying the baby, the one who delivered the baby, and arguably the person who has spent the most time with Jake.

I am sorry but I disagree, arguably all three actually have a bond with the baby.

She underestimated the maternal instinct that she may or may not of had, all of them have, all 3 of them have been very naive. Tinas had to give birth to him prematurely, produce milk for him, and be there while he struggles, of course shes going to feel some bond with the baby!

True, I can understand Tina is struggling with her decision. Tina should have thought about this before she took Izzy embryo

Add this to the fact that Garry is not stable and him and Izzy as a couple have fallen apart completely, and I can see why Tinas feelings towards this are all over the place.

How is Gary not stable? Gary PTSD has had treatment and counselling for he has been quite stable for some time.

Couples fall apart all the time, Tinas relationship with Tommy has been more rocky than Gary and Izzys.
    Garry tried to come on to her (i know people dont care because they dont like Tina but that was bang out of order, a total breach of trust and taking advantage. No, nothing happened. If Tina hadnt stopped him, would he of still stopped though? No)

I am sorry but the bloke was slightly tipsy and he was mixed up. It was confusing not to have any feeling towards the lady who was carrying his baby.

izzy is acting like a spoilt brat the majority of a time

She had just found out that Gary made a pass at another woman. She feeling over emotional and not thinking straight.

The Windass' are overbearing hypocrites, especially Anna
    How?
    Izzy and Garry have split, so she would be sending her baby straight into a broken home.
    Gary is the babys father regardless, baby Jake/Joe will be living away from his Daddy if he lives with Tina.

Im not saying Tinas right, im saying that no wonder she has reservations and shes having alot of different feelings about the situation. Garry, Owen, etc, only care about themselves, they never cared about Tina, and now the babys born, they act like she has no right to an opinion. Nasty people.

Tina took Izzys egg and took Owen money, she has allowed Izzy and Gary to come along every step of this pregnancy. She gave them her word, they placed so much trust into her and she broke that. Tina has hardly been an angel has she through her life, she put Gail in prison fgs.

Im not saying Team Tina necessarily, I just dont think shes in the wrong either

If this was Tinas egg I would understand her feelings but it isn't its Izzy egg which in my eyes means its Izzys baby.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    The biggest problem with all the soaps is the shoddy state of the story lines and scripting.
    Every story line starts well enough but they always take a wrong turn and none of the characters ever learn from their stupidity.
    I can imagine how a fairly recent scriptwriters’ meeting went:
    Executive Producer “I know, let’s do a surrogate baby story. Who will be the characters in the story and what are the things that could go wrong?”
    Someone pipes up “ We’ll put two of the stupidest characters together. How about Tina and Tommy”.
    High fives all around the room!
    EP"Tommy and Tina couldn’t come up with enough brain cells to get into double figures so it will be easy to make everything go wrong. Should be tons of fun when we wreak havoc throughout the length of the story."
    EP“ We’ll have Izzy and Gary as the desperate couple with Owen stumping up the cash from thin air. Yes, Tina will have a baby for the man whose family drove her father to kill himself.”
    More high fives around the room!
    EP“Get me a couple of scriptwriters, preferably ones with no experience of writing and no knowledge of surrogacy. And I want the whole story to be the complete opposite to what a properly run, professional surrogate agency would follow.”
    More high fives again!
    EP“We’ll get Rita to find out what Tina is going to do for Gary and Izzy. We’ll get her to offer a large amount of money so that Tina doesn’t need to go through the process. BUT, we make sure that Tina refuses to take any money from Rita. Not only will we highlight the potential hazards of surrogacy, but with a brainless tangerine carrying the spawn, we can show how things go tits-up. Awwwwww guys, I do love my job. This storyline will guarantee my job is safe for many years to come!”
    High fives reverberate around the building. And the rest, as they say, is history!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CherryRose wrote: »
    I am sorry but I disagree, arguably all three actually have a bond with the baby.

True, I can understand Tina is struggling with her decision. Tina should have thought about this before she took Izzy embryo

How is Gary not stable? Gary PTSD has had treatment and counselling for he has been quite stable for some time.

Couples fall apart all the time, Tinas relationship with Tommy has been more rocky than Gary and Izzys.

I am sorry but the bloke was slightly tipsy and he was mixed up. It was confusing not to have any feeling towards the lady who was carrying his baby.

She had just found out that Gary made a pass at another woman. She feeling over emotional and not thinking straight.

How?

Gary is the babys father regardless, baby Jake/Joe will be living away from his Daddy if he lives with Tina.

Tina took Izzys egg and took Owen money, she has allowed Izzy and Gary to come along every step of this pregnancy. She gave them her word, they placed so much trust into her and she broke that. Tina has hardly been an angel has she through her life, she put Gail in prison fgs.

If this was Tinas egg I would understand her feelings but it isn't its Izzy egg which in my eyes means its Izzys baby.

Love this post
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The biggest problem with all the soaps is the shoddy state of the story lines and scripting.
    Every story line starts well enough but they always take a wrong turn and none of the characters ever learn from their stupidity.
    I can imagine how a fairly recent scriptwriters’ meeting went:
    Executive Producer “I know, let’s do a surrogate baby story. Who will be the characters in the story and what are the things that could go wrong?”
    Someone pipes up “ We’ll put two of the stupidest characters together. How about Tina and Tommy”.
    High fives all around the room!
    EP"Tommy and Tina couldn’t come up with enough brain cells to get into double figures so it will be easy to make everything go wrong. Should be tons of fun when we wreak havoc throughout the length of the story."
    EP“ We’ll have Izzy and Gary as the desperate couple with Owen stumping up the cash from thin air. Yes, Tina will have a baby for the man whose family drove her father to kill himself.”
    More high fives around the room!
    EP“Get me a couple of scriptwriters, preferably ones with no experience of writing and no knowledge of surrogacy. And I want the whole story to be the complete opposite to what a properly run, professional surrogate agency would follow.”
    More high fives again!
    EP“We’ll get Rita to find out what Tina is going to do for Gary and Izzy. We’ll get her to offer a large amount of money so that Tina doesn’t need to go through the process. BUT, we make sure that Tina refuses to take any money from Rita. Not only will we highlight the potential hazards of surrogacy, but with a brainless tangerine carrying the spawn, we can show how things go tits-up. Awwwwww guys, I do love my job. This storyline will guarantee my job is safe for many years to come!”High fives reverberate around the building. And the rest, as they say, is history!

Super post, especially the bit in Bold, made me laugh so much.
    Forum Member
    Overreaction central .... or what?
    Besides Izzy was in shock and given that Tina carried the baby and Izzy didn't Izzy reacted over sensitively. Tina the greedy tangerine however is taking a baby from it's mother and father for no real reason, so they had a minor disagreement at the incubator however, how many arguments will Tina have, she's already screeched and huffed and puffed a few times.

So Izzys allowed to be shocked and a little over sensitive yet Tina wasnt? Right then

I dont care if Garry was drunk and emotional, he made a pass at Tina fair and square and if she hadn't of stopped him, it would of gone alot further.

If it was the other way, im sure you would be condemning the "greedy tangerine"
    Forum Member
    CherryRose wrote: »

How?

I mean Garry isnt stable as in the way he was leering at Tina throughout the whole pregnancy, the way he tried to control her life, and the obsessive behaviour he started to display towards her.

Tina did take Owens money, and early on she did detatch herself from the situation. I dont think any of them realised what hormones and maternal instincts could do, and I dont think any of them realised that it wasn't something that Tina could control

I dont agree with Tina taking the baby, which as you rightly said, is Izzys, but I do think that after recent events, paired with all the emotional trauma shes gone through in the last few weeks, gives her reasons for wavering

I agree about Tina/Tommy being more rocky than Garry/Izzy, but if we are being honest, Garry detatched himself from Izzy pretty much through the whole pregnancy, it actually took him making a pass at someone else to realise how much he loved her, so hes not exactly innocent.

I absolutely loathed izzys reaction. Yes, she has the right to be shocked, angry, etc. She does not have the right to ban Garry from seeing her son, and putting that extra pressure on Tina. She had absolutely no right, Garry is the babys father and has as much right as she does.

I absolutely HATE people who use children as weapons and it looks like Izzy would do that again and again whenever she throws her toys out the pram

In regards to the windass' being overbearing, they were! The y were breathing down her neck the entire time, Garry in particular. They were trying to control her job, her relationships, what she did, etc, every single scene she was being cornered by Anna, Owen, Garry or Izzy!

As i said, I dont think Tina is right, but I also think that theres more to it then her being a "greedy tangerine" or a "bitch". Its alot more greyscale then some people (not you) are making it out to be.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Izzys allowed to be shocked and a little over sensitive yet Tina wasnt? Right then

I dont care if Garry was drunk and emotional, he made a pass at Tina fair and square and if she hadn't of stopped him, it would of gone alot further.

If it was the other way, im sure you would be condemning the "greedy tangerine"

The greedy tangerine has no redeemable features, Gary got over involved with the Tina situation, he made a stupid pass at her, she rejected it, case over... if the tangerine had made a pass at Gary, he'd have rejected her.. the pass he made gave him a wake up call and showed him that he actually beyond doubt loves Izzy.
    Nothing actually happened between Gary and Tina...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I mean Garry isnt stable as in the way he was leering at Tina throughout the whole pregnancy, the way he tried to control her life, and the obsessive behaviour he started to display towards her.

Tina did take Owens money, and early on she did detatch herself from the situation. I dont think any of them realised what hormones and maternal instincts could do, and I dont think any of them realised that it wasn't something that Tina could control

I dont agree with Tina taking the baby, which as you rightly said, is Izzys, but I do think that after recent events, paired with all the emotional trauma shes gone through in the last few weeks, gives her reasons for wavering

I agree about Tina/Tommy being more rocky than Garry/Izzy, but if we are being honest, Garry detatched himself from Izzy pretty much through the whole pregnancy, it actually took him making a pass at someone else to realise how much he loved her, so hes not exactly innocent.

I absolutely loathed izzys reaction. Yes, she has the right to be shocked, angry, etc. She does not have the right to ban Garry from seeing her son, and putting that extra pressure on Tina. She had absolutely no right, Garry is the babys father and has as much right as she does.

I absolutely HATE people who use children as weapons and it looks like Izzy would do that again and again whenever she throws her toys out the pram

In regards to the windass' being overbearing, they were! The y were breathing down her neck the entire time, Garry in particular. They were trying to control her job, her relationships, what she did, etc, every single scene she was being cornered by Anna, Owen, Garry or Izzy!

As i said, I dont think Tina is right, but I also think that theres more to it then her being a "greedy tangerine" or a "bitch". Its alot more greyscale then some people (not you) are making it out to be.

Tina is using the baby too, to pacify her guilt over agreeing to be a baby carrier for a couple desperate for a child. It's not her child, her feelings, hormones and guilt are not up for discussion. Too bad the law is on her side, or she'd not have a leg to stand on, more to the point, how is she going to handle the babies dad and if he's with Izzy then they'll have access no matter what she thinks she is to the baby.
    She made a black and white decision and is backtracking, she wanted money...she got money for her services. That's all there is to it.

She should never have been asked to express milk or be near the baby once it was born.
    Forum Member
    The greedy tangerine has no redeemable features, Gary got over involved with the Tina situation, he made a stupid pass at her, she rejected it, case over... if the tangerine had made a pass at Gary, he'd have rejected her.. the pass he made gave him a wake up call and showed him that he actually beyond doubt loves Izzy.

He shouldn't of needed to make a pass at Tina to reawaken his love for Izzy.

I personally think it was a massive breach of trust and a completely idiotic move from Garry, and as ive said, if she didn't stop him he would of carried on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He shouldn't of needed to make a pass at Tina to reawaken his love for Izzy.

I personally think it was a massive breach of trust and a completely idiotic move from Garry, and as ive said, if she didn't stop him he would of carried on.

Actually, we don't know how that would have ended, either way he loves Izzy, how come tangerine is allowed to wobble at her choices but Gary and Izzy aren't allowed to make mistakes?
    Tina relies on Tommy and Rita to pick her up all of the time, at least Izzy and Gary have family and a support network.
    Tangerine Tina left David for Graham didn't she??? She's got form herself. She also aborted Davids baby. (yes I know fictional) my only gripe is her keeping a baby that's not hers to keep and her hypocritical act.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    I'm more on Tina's side on this.

The one person I don't have sympathy for is Izzy though. First chance she had she used the baby as a weapon to hurt gary. Pretty much showed she was not mature enough to be a parent.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Team Tina for me too ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 321
    Forum Member
    Right back at the start I felt uneasy about Izzy wanting a surrogate because she had miscarried once. Many women miscarry and go on to have a healthy normal pregnancy. I think the producers were too quick to jump into the surrogacy storyline and I think they have been clumsy with it.

Morally Tina is wrong as the baby is not genetically hers and yet her feelings for him are perfectly natural after carrying him and giving birth to him. I think she will do a better job as Izzy has not got the maternal instincts that come with the pregnancy and birth process. Also if Tina was going to have any chance of giving him up she should have had no involvement with him once he was born and should have been discharged from hospital. But that wouldn't have made a soap story would it.

Tina for me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should just cut the kid in half ... I think I read that somewhere ...

Bur no seriously, this is just a mess . The adoption people didnt want to help at this time as Izzy was just geting iver her sad misscarriage and Gary hadnt proved himself stable with his PTSD,

So instead of waiting Owen chucks money at a desperate girl to be a surrogate, A girl who has had no kids before and like I say was only ever doing it for the dosh.

Now add to that they have let her bond with the baby and Izzys first trick is to try and use the new kid to hurt Gary, the man who has transfered his love from Izzy to Tina .... remember this was not a one off moment, Gary had intent on this for weeks.

Would you hand over a kid that has come out of you to either of these pair no matter about the DNA... there would be questions over of either of them are capable of it on their own.

Maybe adoption would be the better path for the kid, I mean the second Owen and co blurt out they paid for it they are toast ...

Im team baby.
  • Sara_MillerSara_Miller Posts: 310
    Forum Member

No redeemable qualities? Well, she agreed to put her life on hold for 9 months to have a baby for these people. And no, it wasn't just for the money. Rita offered to give her the money so she wouldn't have to do the surrogacy. Tina wanted to do it for Gary and Izzy. They along with the rest of the Windass/Armstrong clan proceeded to make her life miserable throughout the pregnancy, trying to control every aspect of her life and treating her like property. The exclamation point was Gary making a pass at her. Blaming Tina for the pass is ridiculous. If Gary truly loved Izzy he wouldn't be making passes at anyone else.

As for Tina keeping the baby, I don't necessarily agree with it but I do understand it. Hormones are raging and who could blame her for not wanting to see the baby raised by that horrid family? I honestly wouldn't entrust Gary and Izzy with a potted plant let alone a helpless baby.

As for the tangerine comments, really?
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually, we don't know how that would have ended, either way he loves Izzy, how come tangerine is allowed to wobble at her choices but Gary and Izzy aren't allowed to make mistakes?
    Tina relies on Tommy and Rita to pick her up all of the time, at least Izzy and Gary have family and a support network.
    Tangerine Tina left David for Graham didn't she??? She's got form herself. She also aborted Davids baby. (yes I know fictional) my only gripe is her keeping a baby that's not hers to keep and her hypocritical act.

Tommy didn't want Tina when she going through with this pregnancy. Now he does want her AND the baby.

T&T get together. Then they split up.

T&T get together. Then they split up.

T&T get together. Then they split up......................................................................................

How many stupid/criminal activiites has Tina been involved in?

Tina has received a heap of cash (to get her & Tommy out of the scrapes they keep getting in to) and a free flat for her services.

First she wanted to keep the baby. Then she didn't. Then she did.

Trust tangerine Tina with a baby? I don't think so.

Gary & Izzy look a much safer bet to me. They have lots of family around AND they are the baby's real parents.