Who are your fave underappreciated actors?

Matt_WilsonMatt_Wilson Posts: 69
Forum Member
Which actors do you think deserve more attention? I've done a list here http://t.co/Z8MTaq6njU but let me know which actors you'd like to see more of.

Comments

• dofferdoffer Posts: 2,746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why's there no number 8 in your top 10?
  • Matt_WilsonMatt_Wilson Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    doffer wrote: »
    Why's there no number 8 in your top 10?
    Heya sorry I don't know why that was left out. Something's up with my word press or connection big bits are being left around pictures are all over the place. I fixed it its back. Number 8 is Phil Davis from Being Human
  • dofferdoffer Posts: 2,746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd definitely agree with Phil Davis.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Annette Badland. Now in Eastenders as 'Aunt Babe' but has a long history of significant, diverse supporting roles but very rarely seen on the Showbiz/ interview/ plug-it circuit. Not conventionally attractive so often overlooked but a good actress who has done tons of work.
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    doffer wrote: »
    I'd definitely agree with Phil Davis.

He's in loads of stuff.
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mark strong
  • m-riverm-river Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I personally think Helena Bonham Carter is amazing but quite underrated. Like when people say she's only famous thanks to Tim Burton but she was big in the business way before she even met him. Also they like to judge her on the way she dresses which annoys me too, she needs more appreciation
  • GoinGagaGoinGaga Posts: 3,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some good actors in your list! I particularly agree with Natalie Gumede and Jason Watkins. And am I right in thinking Ingrid Oliver appeared in the Malteser ads recently?

Jodhi May would be my pick. I think she's a brilliant actress and most recently was fantastic in The Ice Cream Girls.
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    Annette Badland. Now in Eastenders as 'Aunt Babe' but has a long history of significant, diverse supporting roles but very rarely seen on the Showbiz/ interview/ plug-it circuit. Not conventionally attractive so often overlooked but a good actress who has done tons of work.

I agree with Annette Badland. Extremely versatile actress.
  • viva.espanaviva.espana Posts: 8,500
    Forum Member
    Mark strong

Oh he's hugely appreciated. And not just in my house. :blush: ;-)

I understand why you'd mention him as he's not that 'visible' but he is very appreciated and very widely highly regarded by those that count (directors, tv commissioners) and consequently, never short of quality work. And always delivers.

Most of the actors I really appreciate have pretty low media profiles.
  • Julia_WebbJulia_Webb Posts: 556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dorydaryl wrote: »

Have you seen her in Little Voice? Brilliant!! :D
  • RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Julian Rhind-Tutt.
    I've seen him in Merlin, The Wipers Times and Castles in the Air and great in all.
    I've always wanted him to play The Doctor.
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RoseAnne wrote: »
    Julian Rhind-Tutt.
    I've seen him in Merlin, The Wipers Times and Castles in the Air and great in all.

Totally agree. I don't know how close he was being considered for Dr Who or if it was a media shortlist that mentioned him.
    I've missed Banished on BBC 2 so far and he's in that.
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jason Watkins!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Judge Reinhold
  • ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kevin McNally. Terrific in everything I've ever seen him in. Great actor.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_McNally
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Timothy Spall.
    Forum Member
    wilehelmas wrote: »
    Timothy Spall.

He's not unappreciated.
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's not unappreciated.

'Unappreciated' wasn't what was asked.
  • BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David Bradley, he got some recognition for playing William Hartnell but considering the roles he has played has never really been a 'big name'.
    Forum Member
    wilehelmas wrote: »
    'Unappreciated' wasn't what was asked.

Yes it was. The thread title is 'who are your fave unappreciated actors?'

And I'm saying Timothy Spall is not unappreciated so I'm agreeing with you really in that we're both saying he's hugely worthy of appreciation. He's adored by both those who love his talent and those who give him the opportunity to express that talent. You may not see it on DS but, as someone who follows his career (and also a huge Mike Leigh fan, Spall's finest appreciator), he is hugely appreciated.
    Forum Member
    RoseAnne wrote: »
    Julian Rhind-Tutt.

Oh, agree. I know him best from Green Room (hysterically good) and am now watching him in Banished. There's something really mesmerising about him on screen....
  • BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes it was. The thread title is 'who are your fave unappreciated actors?'

And I'm saying Timothy Spall is not unappreciated so I'm agreeing with you really in that we're both saying he's hugely worthy of appreciation. He's adored by both those who love his talent and those who give him the opportunity to express that talent. You may not see it on DS but, as someone who follows his career (and also a huge Mike Leigh fan, Spall's finest appreciator), he is hugely appreciated.

Underappreciated...
  • AaronWxAaronWx Posts: 2,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Julia Stiles.
    Forum Member
    Ber wrote: »
    Underappreciated...

Oops. I really failed to see that. And read the thread title about 10 times. At least. Apologies to Wilhelmas. :blush:

But my point still stands. Timothy Spall imo is neither unappreciated or underappreciated.