Options

Radiator Cat Beds

.Lauren..Lauren. Posts: 7,864
Forum Member
If you have one do your cats use them?

Thinking about getting one. Our boy tends to snuggle with you for warmth when it gets colder, which is fine but then he ends up getting disgruntled when you have to get up.

I'm wondering if one of these cat beds you stick on the radiator would be a better solution, but don't really want to spend the money if it's not going to be used.

Comments

• Options
    Tess-gTess-g Posts: 29,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    .Lauren. wrote: »
    If you have one do your cats use them?

Thinking about getting one. Our boy tends to snuggle with you for warmth when it gets colder, which is fine but then he ends up getting disgruntled when you have to get up.

I'm wondering if one of these cat beds you stick on the radiator would be a better solution, but don't really want to spend the money if it's not going to be used.
    My old cat loved his so when we adopted Dexter I bought him one but he's really not interested. We have now bought him one of these http://www.petsathome.com/shop/en/pets/willows-monstrous-snuggle-bed which he loves!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Our cat loved his radiator bed but I ruined it by having radiator cabinets put over them. He was outraged at this but I bought him a lovely soft dogs bed ( for the size ) to calm him down. :)

I know of a few cats who all used them.
  • Options
    OwlyNaanNaanOwlyNaanNaan Posts: 81
    Forum Member
    My two boys both adore these! Thinking of getting them an upgrade for Christmas as the current ones were only cheap and are getting a bit tatty.
  • Options
    misha06misha06 Posts: 3,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Beast hated his, never used it

Bought as a scheme to get our bed back, but he saw through that dirty trick and would just use it a spring board to bounce onto his rightful place (our bed)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    :D

I might get him a cheap one at first to see how he gets on.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 241
    Forum Member
    I bought one, neither of ours even gave it the time of day.....until i took it off the radiator and put the cover under the radiator - there was usually a fight for it after that!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    My friend had one of these and used to put it on the kitchen radiator (((there isn't a barf emoticon)))
    Mind you she had the litter tray in the kitchen too.. needless to say I never ate at hers
  • Options
    rachpidrachpid Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    Surely it's better to have a (covered) litter tray on hard floor in the kitchen, where you can mop the floor, than in a carpeted room that's impossible to disinfect?

Anyway, my two love the radiator bed, so much so that we're thinking of buying a second so when the heating goes on we won't have fights! The kitten sleeps in it even though we haven't had the heating on since we've had her, think she likes the hammocky feel to it. Last winter, the bigger one used to sleep in it until he got too hot and then would stretch out on the floor to cool down, then go back to it again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Right well I bought one today. I put him on it and he jumped straight off and is eyeing it with suspicion.

Good start....
  • Options
    jojo01jojo01 Posts: 12,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pop some nice clean washing in it, he'll be straight on it!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,279
    Forum Member
    I find that cats like to "rotate" their sleeping arrangements; a few days here, a few days there. They'll like the radiator bed well enough, but they won't sleep in it all the time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That's very true. He certainly goes through weeks of sleeping in the same place then changing for another few weeks. I wonder why?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He just whines when I try to put him on it. I don't think it's sturdy enough for him.

I think I'll take it back.