DVR 440-HX Guide+ post digital switchover

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
Forum Member
With the digital switchover soon to occur, I tried setting my DVR 440-HX to use the guide+ data on the BidTV host channel on Freeview (using ITV analogue works but this will be no use soon). I can't find a way to set the box to use a digital host channel.

I can only see the option for using analogue host or external receiver - and I don't want to use the Sky box as the host source. I've updated the DVR's software to the latest version from the Pioneer web site but still don't see the option.

Is this even possible with this box? Has anyone here managed to get the box to use a digital host channel for guide+ data?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    I have exactly the same problem, I can't change the Guide+ host chanel to digial instead of analogue

I tried changing it to automatic but its not updating
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got the same problem with a Philips box. No digital option.
  • PhilipLPhilipL Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi

Any answers? I've been looking into this and I doubt the GuidePlus system will work for most people using the digital tuner in place of the analogue one as the way the data is transmitted on digital channels seems completely different, i.e. it is a true data stream and not encoded in the picture like teletext.

It seems there are now two system:

GuidePlus+ analogue and
    GuidePlus+ digital.

And to have GuidePlus+ work with digital TV we need specific support for GuidePlus+ Digital

Regards

Phil