Eurogamer Expo 2013

fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,862
Forum Member
✭✭
So, has anybody else got their tickets yet?

I know it's a way off yet, but with the impending console launches on the horizon it should be an awesome event this year.

2 of us went last year and loved it. 6 of us this time round, we're gonna make a lad's weekend out of it. Can't wait.

20% off if you book before 30th April.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not been before, but it does look good.

Quite tempting what with next-gen on the way. Perhaps the possibility of some early access!
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chopoff wrote: »
    Not been before, but it does look good.

Quite tempting what with next-gen on the way. Perhaps the possibility of some early access!

Last year we managed to get an early play of Tomb Raider, F1 Race Stars, Need For Speed and PS Battle Royale amongst others.

The wait to get hands-on with Wii U were immense, mainly because all of their stuff was hidden away in an enclosed area with a massive queue to get into, whereas Sony had a nice, well managed, open space where you could drift in and out at your leisure. Needless to say, we left without getting to play Wii U.

Most of the publishers had open areas for all of the 3rd party games too, so I'm hoping there'll be some next-gen stuff mixed in there this year.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I went for the first time in 2011, but skipped it in 2012.

I booked my ticket for the 2013 show back when they first went on sale, with the expectation that there'd be next gen. stuff galore. Going on the Friday, I think.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are there any quieter days?

I'm guessing it probably sells out by the end, but I'm sure some days are still quieter than others.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are there any quieter days?

I'm guessing it probably sells out by the end, but I'm sure some days are still quieter than others.

Saturday is supposed to be the busiest day (which is the only day we can do :( ), but I imagine the Thursday and Friday will be quieter if you're not at work.

The "early entry" tickets have already sold out for all 4 days, as have the 4 day super-passes.
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    Thursday is easily one of the quieter days whilst Sunday seems to be the most cosplay-ish day, an odd trend I've noticed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Games confirmed to be on the show floor this year (so far) -

◾Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag
    ◾Batman: Arkham Orgins
    ◾Battlefield 4
    ◾Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2
    ◾The Crew
    ◾Dark Souls 2
    ◾The Elder Scrolls Online
    ◾FIFA 14
    ◾Infinite Crisis
    ◾Injustice: Gods Among Us
    ◾LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
    ◾Might & Magic: Duel of Champions
    ◾The Mighty Quest For Epic Loot
    ◾Need For Speed Rivals
    ◾Payday 2
    ◾PES 2014
    ◾Rocksmith All New 2014 Edition
    ◾Wolfenstein: The New Order

Also, Sony will be there so we'll be able to get up close and personal with the PS4. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Imagine the queue to get a go on a PS4
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Imagine the queue to get a go on a PS4

Last year was the Wii U's debut, but they had it all in a tiny little enclosed stand that you had to queue to get in and out of. It was full of people just standing around, so nobody else could get in. It was a nightmare. Needless to say, we left without bothering to have a go.

Meanwhile, Sony's area was much bigger and open plan which you could wander in and out of at your leisure. Hopefully they'll adopt a similar attitude this time around. There are lots of multiplatform games across the show floor as well, so hopefully there will be next-gen versions mixed in amongst them.
  • beemohbeemoh Posts: 7,073
    Forum Member
    Last year was the Wii U's debut, but they had it all in a tiny little enclosed stand that you had to queue to get in and out of. It was full of people just standing around, so nobody else could get in. It was a nightmare. Needless to say, we left without bothering to have a go.

You only had to queue for the ZombiU half of the booth- and that had more to do with it being the booth's only 18+ game, and not in the special 18+ bit in the corner of the main show that was fenced off. You could just saunter in for the rest.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    beemoh wrote: »
    You only had to queue for the ZombiU half of the booth- and that had more to do with it being the booth's only 18+ game, and not in the special 18+ bit in the corner of the main show that was fenced off. You could just saunter in for the rest.

ZombiU was the only Wii U game we were interested in seeing. The queues were MASSIVE. Probably didn't help that we went on the Saturday which is the busiest day.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Meanwhile, Sony's area was much bigger and open plan which you could wander in and out of at your leisure. Hopefully they'll adopt a similar attitude this time around. There are lots of multiplatform games across the show floor as well, so hopefully there will be next-gen versions mixed in amongst them.

I remember I was there too. I'm gonna try and get some time on the ps4 this year but they let in way to many people on a Saturday its a bit stupid.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oculus Rift and Nvidia Shield will be playable at the show.
  • Premium-OnionPremium-Onion Posts: 3,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going on the Friday and Saturday with a few folk I play with. Want to make sure I try everything there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was tempted to get a ticket but have no one to go with, don't really fancy a solo trek, shame as it will probably be a good year to go and to experience the new consoles.
  • Premium-OnionPremium-Onion Posts: 3,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was tempted to get a ticket but have no one to go with, don't really fancy a solo trek, shame as it will probably be a good year to go and to experience the new consoles.

You should get one. Once you are there then you spend most of the time queuing and easy enough to talk to people in queues.

You could meet up with a few folk from here that are going by themselves maybe.
  • lamblamlamblamblamlamb Posts: 654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oculus Rift and Nvidia Shield will be playable at the show.

Great, I like to try the oculus more then the next gen consoles
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great, I like to try the oculus more then the next gen consoles

I'd like to try Oculus Rift in case it comes to next-gen consoles.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You should get one. Once you are there then you spend most of the time queuing and easy enough to talk to people in queues.

You could meet up with a few folk from here that are going by themselves maybe.
    That's what I was afraid of :D
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    Join us brother chopoff, I'll give you a t-shirt. :p
  • GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i shall be there on the Saturday,got my early bird ticket via Virgin Media
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

i tend to go with my nephew,but as hes got older(early teens)hes gone around the show on his self whilst i head into the Over 18 section,so i tend to go around on my own
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last year we managed to get an early play of Tomb Raider, F1 Race Stars, Need For Speed and PS Battle Royale amongst others.

The wait to get hands-on with Wii U were immense, mainly because all of their stuff was hidden away in an enclosed area with a massive queue to get into, whereas Sony had a nice, well managed, open space where you could drift in and out at your leisure. Needless to say, we left without getting to play Wii U.

Most of the publishers had open areas for all of the 3rd party games too, so I'm hoping there'll be some next-gen stuff mixed in there this year.
    Same here,i ended up getting a go finally a few weeks later at Play Expo in Manchester
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just over 3 weeks to go, and Microsoft still haven't said whether they will be showing Xbox One at this years event. They are missing out on a massive opportunity if they don't bother to turn up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just over 3 weeks to go, and Microsoft still haven't said whether they will be showing Xbox One at this years event. They are missing out on a massive opportunity if they don't bother to turn up.

i cant see them not being there