My Ex Boyfriend: The Sex Offender

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 388
Forum Member
I met Michael when I was 16, he was 17.

We met on a chatroom dedicated to a band we were both into at the time, at this time I was also an awkward teenage girl looking for someone to validate my identity, to tell me I was pretty.

We were together for about 10 months, we didn't see each often though as we lived about 40 minutes away from each other.

He was just generally very weird but as I was at that awkward stage thinking I was fat, ugly annd always would be unloved I convinced myself we were a lot like Romeo and Juliet.

When I finally broke it off, we still chatted on MSN where he had a lot of new girlfriends and then this happened:

http://genderberg.com/phpNuke/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=68

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bristol/3638464.stm

I've self-harmed a lot and generally felt like sh!t since, I've always felt like I could have prevented this if I stayed together with him. God I'm sorry. This is just something I needed to get off my chest.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he would have done it regardless and the chances are, my sweet, that he's going to do it again. it's nothing youve done or could have done to prevent it...it's an 'illness' so don't beat yourself up over it :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Whatever you might think...that was not your fault- I don't know if this'll make it better or worse sorry, but he would probably have done it anyway, even if you were together.
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    I've self-harmed a lot and generally felt like sh!t since, I've always felt like I could have prevented this if I stayed together with him. God I'm sorry. This is just something I needed to get off my chest.
    You have [highlight]NOTHING[/highlight] to be sorry about.
  • CabbagesAhoy!CabbagesAhoy! Posts: 1,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jamcake is spot on. There's nothing you could have done. It's a sickness.

I think you'd really benefit from talking about this to someone face to face. Can I suggest counselling?
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...I've self-harmed a lot and generally felt like sh!t since, I've always felt like I could have prevented this if I stayed together with him. God I'm sorry. This is just something I needed to get off my chest.

Thats an easy assumption to make, but if he is a peadophile, he will have found victims wether he was still with you or not. In fact he may have found it easier to do so whilst appearing to be in a normal relationship.
    It really, really isn't your fault - but perhaps some sort of counciling would be of help? It obviously weighs heavily on your mind.
    All the best.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 388
    Forum Member
    The thing is, looking back on it now i'm 23 is it seems so obvious, the way he treated me, the story he wrote about me. It seems to me in hindsight how to groom someone
  • frisky pythonfrisky python Posts: 9,737
    Forum Member
    I met Michael when I was 16, he was 17.

We met on a chatroom dedicated to a band we were both into at the time, at this time I was also an awkward teenage girl looking for someone to validate my identity, to tell me I was pretty.

We were together for about 10 months, we didn't see each often though as we lived about 40 minutes away from each other.

He was just generally very weird but as I was at that awkward stage thinking I was fat, ugly annd always would be unloved I convinced myself we were a lot like Romeo and Juliet.

When I finally broke it off, we still chatted on MSN where he had a lot of new girlfriends and then this happened:

http://genderberg.com/phpNuke/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=68

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bristol/3638464.stm

It's not your responsibility hun, he chose to do this. We can't look into the future and see, and even if we could, that's no way to live your life, staying with someone just so they don't commit a crime.

Have you ever sought help for your self-harming?
    Forum Member
    Before i met him i didn't know what self-harm was

I have sought help, but sometimes drs aren't that great.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really feel for you, but you are absolutely not responsible for his behaviour and it's awful that you still feel so affected by it. I agree with the other poster, having someone to talk it all through with might help you. If there is a youth service in your area they might be a good place to try as the service will be free and anonymous (they will often work with people up to 25).

Good luck to you. You deserve to put this behind you and look forward now :)
  • Mrs TeapotMrs Teapot Posts: 124,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi,

It sounds like you were a little insecure prior to your meeting him and this has added to things for you.

As everybody else is saying you have done nothing wrong,

Has your doctor ever referred you?

x
  • lightdragonlightdragon Posts: 19,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OP,

The blame lies entirely with HIM and her parents. WTF were they thinking!!!!!!!! They should be on the register too IMO.

You are not responsible for any of this. Please get the help you need to stop the self harm.
  • fraserafrasera Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    does she look 12?
    Forum Member
    Mrs Teapot wrote: »
    Hi,

It sounds like you were a little insecure prior to your meeting him and this has added to things for you.

As everybody else is saying you have done nothing wrong,

Has your doctor ever referred you?

x

hahaha I don't mean to be harsh but I was very very insecure prior to ay meeting
  • Mrs TeapotMrs Teapot Posts: 124,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    hahaha I don't mean to be harsh but I was very very insecure prior to ay meeting

I didn't like to say it too strongly ;)

Has your doctor referred you though, I understand about the self harming that's why I'm asking
  • lightdragonlightdragon Posts: 19,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    frasera wrote: »
    does she look 12?

Her identity is secret. Apparently he looks 17/ 18. But her parents let them have sex in their house, with their permission. :mad: :mad:

Please OP, please listen to the peeps here, and remember you're not on your own if you need support at any time. :)
  • *Liam**Liam* Posts: 4,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i hope you get through this.

Someone in my imdiate family was one too
  • sofieellissofieellis Posts: 10,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OP, you have done nothing wrong here at all. You cannot be blamed for his actions, and as others have said he would probably have done this even if you had still been together.

The people who should be held accountable are your ex, the girl's parents, and the judge.

I hope you get some help to deal with the issues this has left you with. Good luck.
  • fluffybunyipfluffybunyip Posts: 4,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The thing is, looking back on it now i'm 23 is it seems so obvious, the way he treated me, the story he wrote about me. It seems to me in hindsight how to groom someone

Hindsight is always 20/20, don't go down that road!

It's really not your fault, you are in no way to blame.
  • redstar81redstar81 Posts: 1,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His behaviour is not your fault.
  • Terry WigonTerry Wigon Posts: 6,831
    Forum Member
    OP-that event happened over three years ago. You really need to go to the doctors and ask for some counselling. It sounds like you have low self esteem anyway and you need to get your feelings sorted out to stop them affecting the rest of your life.