Options

Junior Apprentice

Comments

• Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I sensed there was a lot of editing this week in the board room scenes. When Zoe first began talking about her sale to the wine bloke I thought it was spontaneous trumpet blowing but I got the impression it was part of another conversation and they cut something out. Perhaps with younger people they're forced to cut more to tidy it up a bit? Or am I just imagining things.

Oh absolutely.

I think there was a lot of cutting and pasting going on.

And did anyone else think the bloke who bought all that cheese from the lads at the end was almost identical to the guy who owned the restaurant for the girls' treat?!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tim is Jailbait for ladies in thier thirties (like myself)

So true... :o

Initial impressions: I missed Margaret, but thought Karren was ok.

Kind of wish Jordan had stayed as he has a bit of Jedward about him. He could have become entertaining over time as opposed to annoying.

Zoe is a cocky little thing, but a very good seller.

Rhys looked like he was dressed up in his dad's suit. I could not take him seriously.

Loved the little geezer dude that works on a market stall.

Liked the girl in the purple shirt, and the Scottish one.

Most disappointing bit was that they have to call him Lord Sugar now. Siralan rolls off the tongue much easier.
  • Options
    conchieconchie Posts: 14,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nathan87 wrote: »
    "Give it 5 years, I can be as successful, if not more successful than Lord Sugar"

lol!

LOL... thats why they should have kept him.... Jordan would have been TV gold over the next several weeks. A precocious cocky twit who looks like he is sucking a wasp. Why not get rid of the boring one with the beard..... I mean THE BEARD..... is that not a clue that a birth cert needs to be checked here... the rest of them look like they still have their milk teeth !!!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Margaret's face did the job of the sarcastic narrator on come Dine With Me brilliantly, then the cutting comments were the icing on the cake. Our loss is academia's gain, and we'll just have to make do with these :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Karen Brady is doing a fine job, but her input sounds more like Evan Davis on Dragon's Den, if that makes sense.

Really enjoyed it tonight's fix, was suffering from Apprentice withdrawal symptoms!

Anyone know when the next series of 'Grown Up' Apprentice is?

She's OK but she's no Margaret. Didn't think any of her boardroom comments had much gravitas or punch. She came up with some wishy washy remark about being energised but not following it through.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 182
    Forum Member
    I sensed there was a lot of editing this week in the board room scenes. When Zoe first began talking about her sale to the wine bloke I thought it was spontaneous trumpet blowing but I got the impression it was part of another conversation and they cut something out. Perhaps with younger people they're forced to cut more to tidy it up a bit? Or am I just imagining things.

That's true of all these business reality shows though. Apparently the boardroom scenes take half a day to film and only a few minutes gets broadcast. Also on Dragon's Den apparently the people pitching can be speaking for 2 hours and again, we only see a few minutes. The production team are going to edit the footage into the most entertaining thing, not the most representative, any those two things aren't necessarily going to be the same thing!
  • Options
    sofakatsofakat Posts: 16,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    marvola45 wrote: »
    So true... :o

Initial impressions: I missed Margaret, but thought Karren was ok.

Kind of wish Jordan had stayed as he has a bit of Jedward about him. He could have become entertaining over time as opposed to annoying.

Zoe is a cocky little thing, but a very good seller.

Rhys looked like he was dressed up in his dad's suit. I could not take him seriously.

Loved the little geezer dude that works on a market stall.

Liked the girl in the purple shirt, and the Scottish one.

Most disappointing bit was that they have to call him Lord Sugar now. Siralan rolls off the tongue much easier.

The cute market stall kid is Adam apparently. I thought he was gorgeous.

Ryhs is just hideous. Ugh! A face only a mother could love, and that Tim boy should stick with the sheep.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    marvola45 wrote: »

Yeahhhh, I agree! It's not got the same ring!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aww I thought Rhys conducted himself well! He was quite articulate.
  • Options
    sofakatsofakat Posts: 16,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was so unique, dry and gloriously funny.

I know Karen Brady is smart, but she looks like a Wag who forgot her make up and she lacks a certain something.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 182
    Forum Member
    -Sid- wrote: »
    She's OK but she's no Margaret. Didn't think any of her boardroom comments had much gravitas or punch. She came up with some wishy washy remark about being energised but not following it through.

Yeah, that's why I said she's more like Evan Davis. During the task there were lots obvious comments just describing what was going on:

Karen "the boys are ignoring the passing lunchtime trade"

Evan "he isn't answering the question and is angering the dragons"
  • Options
    jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Adam could be SAS grandson..he has a look of streetboy/goodlooker about him which I am sure will stand him in goodstead.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adam's easily the most likable of the bunch - he's got that working class hero thing going on.

Whether he proves to be the most talented remains to be seen....

The Scottish lass seems to have her head screwed on.
  • Options
    linfranlinfran Posts: 5,607
    Forum Member
    Oh absolutely.

I think there was a lot of cutting and pasting going on.

And did anyone else think the bloke who bought all that cheese from the lads at the end was almost identical to the guy who owned the restaurant for the girls' treat?!

Glad it wasn't just me then.:)
  • Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    sofakat wrote: »
    She was so unique, dry and gloriously funny.

I know Karen Brady is smart, but she looks like a Wag who forgot her make up and she lacks a certain something.

I agree, she's not a worthy replacement for Margaret.

Other than that it was brilliant. Glad it's back (in some form).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    linfran wrote: »
    Glad it wasn't just me then.:)

Ditto (I might even compare the two on iplayer if I'm really bored to see if they are indeed the same bloke!).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 133
    Forum Member
    I was loving tonight's episode at first but it's just not the same - there was no swearing or proper rows (that's the funniest part!) and some of the kids looked like they ought to be wearing nappies. Plus Rhys' eyes started welling up as soon as he found out the boys had lost the task - i know he's only 16/17 but get a grip.

Although I was shocked by how nice Lord Alan was to Jordan when he left!

I think Karen needs to practice some of Margaret's facial expressions.
  • Options
    mikey.robbomikey.robbo Posts: 1,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OH my god. ive watched about 30 seconds of it and i know its just another group of people that i want to beat up

pretentious snobs..

you're a child. act like it

edit: number one on the list is the 'business boy , not business man' BOY
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    http://2010theapprentice.blogspot.com/ A great blog with pictures from tonights episode.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 217
    Forum Member
    sofakat wrote: »
    The cute market stall kid is Adam apparently. I thought he was gorgeous.

Ryhs is just hideous. Ugh! A face only a mother could love, and that Tim boy should stick with the sheep.

strange, I thought it was the other way round. But still, I'm not even female, what do I know... haha.
  • Options
    DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zoe is a nightmare. I shudder to think what she'll be like in 5-10 years time (a bit of a Jenny C I suspect). She's clearly good at selling but she's also good at alienating her co-workers. Likes the sound of her voice too much.

I don't think she's too bad, actually. We didn't see her being really nasty about or to anyone; she was just selling really well and maybe wasn't very aware of other people's feelings. When Hibah started crying, I thought she was genuinely surprised. I doubt if she understood what she was supposed to have done, to be honest. I'm liking Zoe a lot so far.

Couldn't stand Jordan; horrible little squit. Glad he went.
  • Options
    I'm-a-painI'm-a-pain Posts: 1,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought I'd give this a chance, although I didn't have high hopes, a bunch of precocious teenage twits all trying to outdo each other, hissy fits, acne and a barrage of "That's SO unfair's". I certainly didn't expect to actually enjoy it. But I did.

I didn't actually like any of the kids involved, and (sorry, I KNOW they're all SOMEbody's litle darlings, but........) I did so want to slap each and every one of them within minutes of the show starting, but I couldn't stop watching them, and can't wait for next week's entertainment!! A kind of morbid fascination.

I was glad Jordan went - anyone who can't see a problem with choosing Mild Cheddar, the most everyday cheese there is probably, as the 'speciality of the day' doesn't deserve to keep their place!!

And thanks to those who've posted on this thread, I've just read all 12 pages, and literally laughted out loud several times!! :D:D

xx
  • Options
    DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Galaxy266 wrote: »
    With all those young people living together in that nice house, many getting away from their parents for the first time, how long is it going to be before they take full advantage of their new situation and start shagging ?:D :D:D

Longer than the boys would like, I suspect.
  • Options
    CarmanCarman Posts: 1,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad Jordan went but didn't think he would. Usually they keep the really annoying ones on till nearly the end, for entertainment value.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really enjoyed this tonight, even though I was expecting to hate it. I do miss Margaret though, Karen Brady hasn't quite got the same authority.

Early impressions for me are that Zoe is clear favourite amongst the girls (although I'd imagine she'll cause a hell of a lot of arguments) and I can see Tim (the sheep-shearer lad who looks in his 30s!) doing well too.

Love that The Apprentice is back, even in this Junior format.
  • Options
    robtuk06robtuk06 Posts: 4,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adam (market trader) is easily my favourite.

I hope he doesn't fail on next weeks task as it is right up his street.

And mikey.robbo, get over yourself. They are all 'legal', and you don't know that the person who said he was gorgeous wasn't younger than him themselves. An apology is in order.