Ashes To Ashes Series 3 Speculation Thread (spoilers in tags)

Comments

• Ms BrightsideMs Brightside Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    moonlily wrote: »
    Is it just me or did that hour only seem to last ten minutes?:(

Definitely one of the shortest hours of my life. Great episode. Can't wait for next week!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 182
    Forum Member

i think shaz ray and chris are trapped in genes world and wont get out

.... unless Gene kills them to aid their passage? But they are definitely not from the future like Alex and Sam, or from the past (despite Shaz's 1953 comment to Ray) so I'm confused as to why they are seeing stars and ghosts, hearing things etc :confused:
  • VellumVellum Posts: 6,825
    Forum Member
    Ok, sorry, I've amended it so do you want to change your quote bit?

I meant it as a compliment but yes OK, I really think that could be correct.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    Why has no one mentioned the gun cocking at the end?!
  • GothicBlueGothicBlue Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    moonlily wrote: »
    Is it just me or did that hour only seem to last ten minutes?:(

Yeah felt like that to me too.

I don't mind so much about the lack of kissage...the intention was there.

And Chris got his LOM moment so all good so far.

But...seven days???? we'll all be bonkers by then.
  • GemwbaGemwba Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am so excited for next Friday! firstly, in the afternoon I have my first baby ultrasound and then later on in the evening its A2A finale!!!! This week is going to be an eternity!!! :):)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    Amazing episode! Absolutely flew by - can't believe there's only one more to go!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    eggshell wrote: »
    What an emotional episode that was !!!

And it epitomised whats so great about this show, great ensemble piece, sympathetic characters and a a genuinely great hero.

When it doesn't go too OTT and become a caricature of itself this is one seriously fantastic show.

Nearly shed a manly tear a couple of times during this episode and to be honest if the whole thing ended with Gene and Bols dancing together I would have been happy.

Hope next week is a great pay off. LOM was great but the somewhat ambiguous ending left you a bit emotionally dry at the time...hope they can improve with this one.

It's odd, I don't feel high like after last weeks, I feel a bit flat like the realisation
    it's coming to an end and we'll find out Gene or others is/are actually dead. Like after reading Atonement when we found out it was all fake and the two characters' lives didn't happen.
    I shed a few manly tears (and some girly ones :p )at that, and I fear the same will be coming next week.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    New idea!

I reckon at the end there will be some sort of stand-off at that house between Keats and Gene.
    Keats pulls a gun and goes to shoot Gene, but Sam appears and pops Keats before he gets the chance. (One can hope :D)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is the poem that was quoted in tonight's episode. Make of it what you will :)
    William Butler Yeats (1865-1939)
    THE SECOND COMING

Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity.

Surely some revelation is at hand;
    Surely the Second Coming is at hand.
    The Second Coming! Hardly are those words out
    When a vast image out of Spiritus Mundi
    Troubles my sight: a waste of desert sand;
    A shape with lion body and the head of a man,
    A gaze blank and pitiless as the sun,
    Is moving its slow thighs, while all about it
    Wind shadows of the indignant desert birds.
    The darkness drops again but now I know
    That twenty centuries of stony sleep
    Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,
    And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
    Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?
    Forum Member
    Do you think it will end with a cartoon Graham Norton ruining it? :p

I think if there are Wizard of Oz connections then when Alex wakes up (presuming this is her world, it might not be), we'll have all the characters as hospital worker/patients.

That scarecrow also reminded me of the League of Gentleman scarecrow :eek:

I love the fact that this is keeping us guessing until the very end. Predictable it ain't :D

Keats or Gene the wicked witch of the East (Fenchurch)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    maybe they all go to lancs and keats shoots gene?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ghost post
    Forum Member
    Do any forum members fancy reducing the wait by joining forces and breaking into the BBC for next week's tape? :D
  • RFSRFS Posts: 7,627
    Forum Member
    Gah ... The iPhone couldn't handle such a long spoiler in tags so that will have to wait until I fire up the quad-pro (see what I did there!?) ... Well I can't even face the rest of the tennis now ... Schnufin' cream crackered! Night all and catch u here next week!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 133
    Forum Member
    Tonight's episode totally messed with my head. I can't understand why Ray, Shz and Chris are hearing/seeing things - maybe they're trying to show the border between the 1980s and Alex's present breaking down? I'm wondering why Shaz is involved in it too as she didn't have a link to Gene Hunt's team in Manchester, did she?

Does anyone know if John Simm will be back at all? I keep expecting him to turn up.
  • GothicBlueGothicBlue Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    Gemwba wrote: »
    I am so excited for next Friday! firstly, in the afternoon I have my first baby ultrasound and then later on in the evening its A2A finale!!!! This week is going to be an eternity!!! :):)

I wish there was a 'like' button on DS :-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 290
    Forum Member
    .... unless Gene kills them to aid their passage? But they are definitely not from the future like Alex and Sam, or from the past (despite Shaz's 1953 comment to Ray) so I'm confused as to why they are seeing stars and ghosts, hearing things etc :confused:[/QUOTE]

Thats bugging me too.
    One thing is clear: Gene releases people from their fears and turns them into better coppers. Ray and his fire fear. Shaz and her screwdriver fear. Chris and his fear of authority figures. And he wasn't scared of the whistle any more when he caught the young lad with one. And in every case, Keats was thwarted. He wanted Shaz to leave. Wanted Ray to perish in the arson episode. Wanted Gene to turn against Chris for his rebellion.
  • ShuttermazeShuttermaze Posts: 7,284
    Forum Member
    Definitely one of the shortest hours of my life. Great episode. Can't wait for next week!

Neither can I. It's going to seem like a year waiting for it.

Brilliant episode. Loved it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was just...
    AMAZING!!

Chris's redemption; the trio seeing the stars and hearing Nelson again; Keats' increasingly manic turns (anyone else notice that strange green light reflected in his glasses at least twice? What was that about??); 'Get your coat - you've pulled'; and, of course, THAT near kiss! I was expecting it to be interrupted, but Gene kissing Alex so tenderly on the forehead brought tears to my eyes. What a fantastically tender and understated moment! I don't care how angry they are with each other at the start of next week - they won't be by the end and now we KNOW they adore each other!
    (Having said all that, I will definitely have a case of the screaming abdabs if they don't kiss at least once before this ends! :D)
  • The WizardThe Wizard Posts: 11,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hope the ending wont be like the american one :(

Anyway, when Alex hears the news of the body, I think she thought the body was that of the police man she sees, who I reckon is Gene, deffo think Sam is coming back :D

Sorry to cast a shadow on such a brilliant show but the more they do the stars thing the closer it seems to be getting to a kind of US LOM ending. I won't say it will be quite as awful but I think the way it's going it could well go down a similar 'spacey' theme. I really hope not but after tonight and that awful blue screen I really do fear the tacky Star Trek style ending. Please NO!
  • LilaethLilaeth Posts: 750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So, according to the poem, does that make Keats the AntiChrist?? I could believe it!
    Forum Member
    .... unless Gene kills them to aid their passage? But they are definitely not from the future like Alex and Sam, or from the past (despite Shaz's 1953 comment to Ray) so I'm confused as to why they are seeing stars and ghosts, hearing things etc :confused:

Gene's comment about "looking after his own".... the picture "found our graves"... why couldn't they all have been killed at the same time, and Gene was the head policeman running it with Chris and Ray as they are now? I don't know where Shaz would fit in though.

And Gene's comment about Chris finally stepping up to the plate and not thinking he had it in him.... as though he's been waiting for this... which is why he's been provoking him recently... trying to get it out of him.,,
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Keats or Gene the wicked witch of the East (Fenchurch)

Gene is the Wizard of Oz for sure (mostly because I fancy him). I sincerely hope a house falls on Keats' head :D
    Forum Member
    GothicBlue wrote: »
    Yeah felt like that to me too.

I don't mind so much about the lack of kissage...the intention was there.

And Chris got his LOM moment so all good so far.

But...seven days???? we'll all be bonkers by then.

Do any forum members fancy joining forces to burgle the BBC and get hold of next week's tape? :D;)
This discussion has been closed.